Apple devices are well-known for their security features, which include a strong passcode lock that prevents unauthorized access. However, if you forget the passcode, you will be in trouble. Here’s how to get around it.
The passcode lock is a reliable security feature for iPhone devices. Simply put, if you can’t remember your passcode, you won’t be able to access your device. Worse, if you enter the wrong passcode 10 times or more, your iPhone will be disabled.
Why is my iPhone disabled?
Apple disables an iOS device as a security feature after too many incorrect passcode input attempts. To prevent passcode brute-forcing, Apple activates an “iPhone is Disabled” feature that prevents access for a set period.
If you remember the password, getting into the iPhone after this happens is simple — simply try logging in with the correct credentials after the specified time interval. However, getting into a disabled iPhone can be difficult if you don’t remember the password.
However, even if you have forgotten your passcode or your iPhone has been disabled, there are ways to regain access to your device. In this guide, we will discuss how to unlock a locked iPhone without a password.
Method 1: Use PassFab iPhone Unlocker to gain access to your iPhone without a passcode
PassFab iPhone Unlocker is one of the simplest tools for unlocking an iPhone without a passcode. The tool is 100% effective and simple to use. All you have to do is install the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
The following are some of the app’s key features:
- Simple to use, even for beginners
- Unlock ANY iPhone/iPod Touch with a locked, disabled, or broken screen.
- Remove your Apple ID without using a password or verifying your identity.
- Fully compatible with the most recent iOS/iPadOS 15, iPhone 13, and other devices.
- Following the installation and loading of the app on your computer, simply follow these steps to unlock an iPhone without a password.
- Open the PassFab iPhone Unlocker application. To begin, launch PassFab on your computer and then connect your device via a USB cable.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Next on the PassFab menu for removing the Lock Screen.
- Save and Download the Firmware Package. Following that, you must download and save the Firmware package. To download it, you’ll need at least 7GB of free space on your computer.
- Successfully remove the Lock Screen passcode. After you’ve finished downloading the firmware package, click the “Start Remove” button to remove the passcode from your iPhone. You’ll be able to open your device and set up a new passcode and authentication method once it’s been removed.
Method 2: Using iTunes or the macOS Finder, gain access to a locked iPhone
There are other ways to unlock your locked iPhone. One of the most straightforward methods is to use the Finder app on macOS or iTunes on Windows. This method is also recommended by Apple Support.
Before you begin, you should be aware that this method will erase all of your iPhone’s data.
|iPhone without a Home button||iPhone with a Home button|
|iPhone 8 or later||iPhone 7/7 Pro||iPhone 6s or earlier|
|Step 1||Turn off vour iPhone and connect it to a computer.|
Press and quickly release the volume up button first and follow the volume down button with the same Oberation.
And then press and hold the side button until and recovery mode appears.
|Hold down either the top (or side) button or the volume down button to enable Recovery Mode.||
Press and hold both the Home and the top (or side) at the same time.
Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
|Step 3||Once your iPhone is in Recovery Mode, you’ll need to open Finder or iTunes – depending on the version of MacOS or Windows you’re running — and select the iPhone.|
|Step 4||Finally, you’ll need to click Restore, which will erase the contents of your iPhoneand reset it back to factory defaults.|
- Has previously connected: Restore iPhone. If you’ve previously connected to iTunes or the Finder and trusted the computer, you can use this method. Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes or MacOS Finder.
- After the device has been detected, click “Restore iPhone.”
- If you haven’t previously connected: Recovery Mode. If you haven’t previously connected your iPhone to a computer, you’ll need to enter Recovery Mode to unlock your mode.
- Unable to enter Recovery Mode: DFU. If you are unable to enter Recovery Mode, you must use the Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode. You may enter Recovery Mode rather than DFU mode. Keep an eye out for a flashing Apple logo after the DFU process to tell the difference. If you see one, it means you’ve entered Recovery Mode and should start over from step one. Once in DFU mode, simply follow the on-screen instructions in Finder or iTunes to restore your device.
|iPhone 8 or later||iPhone 7/7 Pro||iPhone 6s or earlier|
|Step 1||Plug-in your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes or MacOS Finder on it.|
|Step 2||Press and hold the side button of the iPhone for 3 seconds.|
|Step 3||Continuing to hold the side button. press and hold volume down button for at least 10 seconds.||Release both buttons.||Release the side button, but continue holding the Home button for an additional five seconds.|
|Step 4||Release the side button, but continue holding volume down button for another five seconds.||Continuing to hold the side button, press and hold Home button for at least 10 seconds.||Continuing to hold the side button, press and hold Home button for at least 10 seconds.|
|Step 5||Release volume down button.||/||Release the Home button.|
|Step 6||If the screen is illuminated but blank and iTunes or MacOS Finder has detected your Device, then your iPhone has entered DFU mode successfully.|
Method 3: Using a browser to gain access to an iCloud-locked phone
If you don’t want to use any additional applications and have your Apple ID handy, this method may be a good option. It can also be used to remotely unlock and erase a device.
All you need is an active internet connection, the “Find My” app, and your Apple ID and password to get started.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- In the app menu, select the Find My option.
- You might need to confirm your sign-in again. Otherwise, a map with all of your current Apple products will appear.
- From here, choose the iPhone that needs to be unlocked. There are three options available: Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase iPhone. You want to select the last option.
- After entering your Apple ID password, the iPhone will be erased and you will be able to set it up as a new device or restore it from a backup.
Method 4: Using Find My iPhone, unlock your iPhone if you’ve forgotten your password
Do you want to know how to unlock an iPhone passcode without using a computer? You can remotely erase your iPhone and bypass its Lock Screen by using the Find My app on another iPhone, iPad, or Apple device that you own.
- Launch the Find My iPhone, iPhone, or other Apple device. You may be required to log in. Otherwise, you’ll be taken back to the main menu.
- Locate and select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Select Erase iPhone.
- After you’ve erased the iPhone, you’ll be able to set it up as a new device or restore it from a backup.
There are several methods for entering an iPhone that has been disabled or locked, including stock Apple options and quick and easy third-party applications. If you want the quickest and easiest way to unlock your device, PassFab iPhone Unlocker is the best option.