While the reason is unknown, some Apple Card users may be unable to use their card in Wallet. Here’s how to make it right.
According to the company’s System Status page, some users may see a message in the Wallet app stating that an Apple Card cannot be used. Fortunately, there is a workaround.
How to fix the ‘Apple Card can not be used’ error in Wallet
- Open Wallet and select Apple Card.
- Users who are affected will see text beneath the card that says, “This card cannot be used.”
- Select the Remove Card option.
- Tap the plus button in the upper-right corner, then select Previous Cards to re-add the card.
- Then, as with adding a credit card to Apple Pay, follow the onscreen instructions that appear.
- Users who are having problems that are not listed on the System Status page should contact Apple Support.
In 2019, Apple and Goldman Sachs will collaborate to launch the Apple Card. Although it is primarily a physical card, it is also tightly integrated with Apple Pay.
Using the card with Apple Pay, whether online or at a POS terminal, will earn the user 2% to 3% cashback in the form of Apple Cash. 1% cash back will be earned on purchases made with the physical card.