How to Change Your Home and Lock Screen WallpaperWhen you try to set different wallpapers for the home screen and lock screen, it appears that Apple strongly encourages you to use the same wallpaper for both. With a little perseverance, you can set different wallpapers for each screen.
- To begin, navigate to Settings > Wallpaper. Select Add New Wallpaper. This will be displayed on the lock screen.
- Several options now appear. Photos, a photo shuffle, emojis, live weather updates based on your location, and Astronomy are all options. The latter displays a live globe with your current location on your lock screen. Alternatively, you can look through Apple’s suggested options.
- The Photo Shuffle is a brand-new feature. Your iPhone will change your wallpaper hourly or daily if you specify a group of photos or a photo category in the Photos app.
- I selected the Astronomy feature to add the appropriate wallpaper to my screen. Then it will ask you if you want to add the same wallpaper to your home screen. If so, select Set as Wallpaper Pair. Otherwise, select Customize Home Screen.
- This gives you the option of using a different image or a single color. Select what you want to save, and it will be saved.
How to Change the Wallpaper on Your iPhone’s Lock Screen
- Another fantastic new feature is the ability to set multiple lock screen wallpapers as well as different home screen wallpapers. Then, whenever you want, you can change your wallpaper by holding it down on the lock screen and swiping it left or right. There’s wallpaper for every mood.
- Press the power button to bring up your lock screen. If you use Face ID or your Apple Watch to open your iPhone, you must be quick before it unlocks.
- Long-press the lock screen to see various lock screen wallpapers and a Customize option. Ignore that and instead press the blue + button.
- Swiping up on any existing lock screen wallpapers you no longer want will remove them. The trash icon will turn red.
- By tapping the blue + icon, you can return to the options screen and select what you want. You can also make that lock screen’s home page wallpaper.
- To switch between lock screen wallpapers, press and hold the lock screen. Swipe left or right when the switcher menu appears to select which one you want to use. If you choose a different home screen wallpaper for that lock screen, it will also change automatically.
Yes, there are some options. The first is Black Lite Wallpapers. intoLive is another option. Others entail paying for expensive monthly or annual subscriptions.
Photo Shuffle is now available in the wallpaper settings. Alternatively, place the images in their own photo album and use the iOS Shortcuts app to change the wallpaper whenever you want.
The wallpaper should be in portrait mode so that the entire subject fills the screen. If the phone does not automatically crop the wallpaper, you can zoom in and out with two fingers to get the crop you need.
A quick Google search will usually yield online photo albums containing older iPhone wallpapers.