At the beginning of the sixth month , the baby’s diet is more varied. Piece by piece are now replacing different pieces of milk for individual milk meal times. With the introduction of the baby food, the youngest offspring is an important step towards family food.
Table of Contents
The right timing
Once the first half of the year has elapsed, it is inevitable that the baby will not be fed with milk alone. It does not matter whether junior was nurtured solely with mother’s milk, industrially produced baby milk or with Zwiemilch. As a result of its physical development, the youngest member of the family moves considerably more intensively and consumes correspondingly more energy.
At some point, the milk simply no longer makes the necessary resources available. At the same time, at the end of the fifth month, the Kau-Schluck-Reflex has been developed so far that the child can safely coordinate all important steps to absorb pulmonary infants.
Both the digestive system and the kidneys are ready for the gradual introduction of baby food. At the latest, as soon as the parents find that their baby hardly increases, they can begin to expand their nutrition plan with a fixed diet.
Further external indications for the correct time of the baby’s boot are:
- The baby can sit with support
- The baby can easily keep his head free
- it looks at the “big” interested in the food, and it is more and more often his hands in the mouth
If the parents are unsure whether they should try to feed, they should not hesitate to ask a midwife or the pediatrician for advice.
On the spoon, ready, go!
Regarding baby nutrition, experts gather all foods apart from the pure milk meal times. The baby’s diet now includes fruit, vegetables, and some later also cereals and meats, which are included in the nutritional plan as a baby’s chip. The best way to start is when the first spoonfuls are given following an “incomplete” milk grinding time. Then the baby is already tired to a certain extent and less impatient.
Finally, it is necessary to coordinate the small, spoon, mouth, tongue, amount and swallowing reflex. Until the new “Estechnik” works properly, it usually takes one to two weeks. Special baby looks to facilitate the start-up of baby foods enormously. They are particularly shallow and narrow. Tip: Do not overfill the spoon. Small portions help the baby learn.
From the premiere to the professional: the food nutrition plan
Pure carrot mash is the best choice for the first food feed experiments. It tastes slightly sweet and is well tolerated by almost all children. Many parents also start with parsnicks because they taste very neutral. Gradually, the fed quantity of only a few spoons can be increased up to half a glass.
If the first phase of adaptation is well surpassed, another ingredient may be added after only a few days, such as potato. Small steps are important to allow the baby’s organism slowly to get used to the new food and to adapt to it. Also, the parents notice very well when their baby cannot tolerate any fruit or vegetables and can try another variety.
If it works well with the pure vegetable sludge, slowly fine-fattened, low-fat meat (chicken, beef, veal, pig) can be added. After about four to five weeks, a complete milk meal is then replaced by porridge.
Each child has its own pace and practice makes perfect. If a milk meal is successfully replaced by beverages, a second mash soon follows as a substitute for another vial or a mother’s milk meal. As a rule, this will be a fruit-milk-mash in the afternoon or a cereal-milk-mash in the afternoon in the evening, as the last meal before going to bed. From about the tenth month of life, the introduction of general family food may then be gradually started.
Example of a nutrition plan:
5th to 7th month
1. Serve the mother’s milk or baby’s milk bottle (200 ml)
2. Gradually transfer the meal from pure vegetable pulp to vegetable and potato mash (approx. 160 g)
3rd and 4th meal of mother’s milk or baby milk vial (200 ml each)
6th to 8th month
1. Meal of mother-milk or vial with infant milk (220 ml)
2. Meal of vegetable-potato-meat-porridge (160 – 180 g)
3. Meal of mother-milk or vial of infant milk (200 ml)
4. Meal of milk and cereal mash (200 – 250 g)
7th to 9th month
1. Meal of mother’s milk or vial of infant milk (240 ml)
2. Meal of potato and vegetable meat porridge (160 – 180 g)
3. Meal of fruit-cereal mash (200 to 250 g)
4. Meal of milk-cereal mash (200 to 250 g)
10th to 12th month
4 to 5 meals per day
Three times a week Bread and milk from the cup, four times a week Infant food from the bottle
Bread and fruit
Potato and vegetable meat porridge with small pieces
Fruit cereal porridge or fruit with bread
Like cooking or glass?
For most parents, glasses are not only more practical, but they also feel much safer about freshness and hygiene thanks to the Karrottenmus & Co. from the glass. Finally, industrially produced baby slurries need to meet particularly high-quality standards to be able to reach the market at all. Some parents would like to cook for their little ones.
On the one hand, because the taste of self-cooked porridge is more authentic or because they enjoy shopping and cooking. They are looking for fresh and varied ingredients in the markets and are always looking for new recipes. Also, some parents are keen to avoid their baby taking too much sugar or flavor enhancers despite all the caution.
Mum or Dad always know exactly which ingredients are in the Babymahlzeit when self-cooked. Therefore, if you prefer to cook yourself, you should follow the following basic rules:
- Use frozen or organic vegetables without any additives.
- On the seasoning should be dispensed completely in the first year of life, from then sparingly with salt and pepper.
- Spicy spices such as peppers, ginger or onions have lost nothing in baby bread.
- Hygiene during preparation and storage is the key.
- Stockpiling of ready-made baby slurries in the refrigerator (coldest zone) is recommended for a maximum of one day. It is better to freeze individual portions, in suitable plastic bags or cans and to heat them as required. At minus 18 ° C, storage for up to two months is possible.
- Always stir well before stirring and check for temperature.
- Better to lukewarm than too hot!
- Never warm up an already warm baby sludge from the vial a second time.
- If the already fed quantity has previously been removed from the vial with a clean spoon to heat it in another vessel, the opened vial may be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of two days. What remains after that is no longer suitable for babies, because harmful bacteria might have formed.