Healthy, bright babies radiate as soon as they see a face. At about a month, every baby recognizes the faces of their parents. All things that are about 20 to 40 centimeters away from the child’s eyes are fixed firmly, even if the view does not seem quite purposeful at first.
Touching, Feeling, Seeing, Smelling, Hearing – Toys helps babies to discover the world.
At this stage of development, baby toys are recommended for viewing or listening. Big, painted faces and soft tunes love babies especially. As soon as the little ones learn to grasp, toys provide a place for extra pleasure.
Age-appropriate toy for babies
Between the second and fourth month of life, babies get more and more power; they learn to lift their heads and hold them in different positions. The coordination of the little arms and hands is getting better, and they can see sharper. Now is the time for baby toys that can be gripped well and put in the mouth.
Everything is palpated and thoroughly sucked through. From about the fourth month of life, babies can selectively for objects fall. If they can also create sounds with it, they are happy. With pride, the toys offered and everything shook vigorously. What are babies happy about at what age? Here are some examples:
Toys for babies from 3 months
The curiosity grows, the baby is always aware of movements and noises. Now it’s time for music boxes, colorful stroller chains, rattles, cloth doll, or a bright mobile music.
When swimming, colorful swimming animals train the hand-eye coordination and bring a lot of fun.
Toys for babies from 6 months
Now the baby can hold his head safely and tries to sit up. Grasping, shaking and throwing objects on the floor is fun and, at the same time, a significant developmental step.
Now, a padded baby play blanket with an exciting adventure bow is particularly suitable.
The baby can grab various game elements; it is happy about sounds, sees itself or wobbling toys in the mirror.
Also, babies in this development phase like teething rings, handy stuffed animals, wood, and fabric picture books.
Toys for babies from 10 months
Baby’s range has become more substantial; the gripping succeed safely. It likes to push or pull objects or stack turrets.
Building blocks and colorful stacking cups are now announced! Also, baby swings, rocking animals and slides are becoming increasingly interesting.
Even if the adults always mean well: please do not offer too much baby toys at once! A toy mountain that has become too big quickly overwhelms baby’s senses.
Sometimes the little ones just need a “break.” They then prefer to play with their hands and feet, listen to the sounds in the room or cuddle intensively with their cuddly blanket.
Toys for babies: hygiene and safety
How much cleanliness must be?
Little children take everything in their mouth, then the baby toy rolls over the floor again. Especially plush animals should, therefore, be easily washed in the machine. So that the regular washing of the scarf does not always turn into a big drama, parents should get used to their baby as much as possible to two or three “favorite tunes.”
Baby toys made of plastic are best cleaned under running hot water. If you want to try it in the dishwasher, make sure that no detergent on or in the toy remains.
Beware of plasticizers, toxic colors & Co.
Especially with toys for babies, it is worthwhile to use well-known brand products. Why? As a rule, these products score particularly good marks in the regular tests of various consumer foundations. Also, the following signs and test seals are an excellent shopping aid.
- GS mark – tested safety: The toy complies with the strict German safety regulations. The review is carried out by independent institutes such as TÜV or VDE
- CE mark: The baby toy complies with European directives. It must, therefore, have neither swallowed parts nor sharp corners and edges. Also, toys that are explicitly approved for babies and infants under the age of three are not allowed plasticizers or other harmful substances.
- “SpielGut” sign: The Independent Working Committee awards this seal “Toys and Children’s Toys eV Toys with this seal are safe, functional, pedagogically valuable and have good workmanship, taking into account health and environmental aspects.” Toys for babies with this seal, in Connection with the GS mark, is especially recommended.
- Baby bottles, pacifiers, teething rings and all toys that can get into baby’s mouth should also be labeled with the word ” BPA free .”
- Toys for babies should be adapted to the level of development of the child.
- It must not contain any small parts that can be swallowed or contain any risk of injury in any way. Test seals give security.
- The selection of baby toys should remain manageable for the child. “Superfluous” rather put aside for a few weeks and exchange from time to time
- Material and colors must be non-toxic in any case and allow easy cleaning.