Are you having trouble falling asleep? Many factors can prevent us from enjoying a good night’s sleep, from the worries and daily stress to which we are subjected, to a hearty dinner, noisy neighbors, an old and uncomfortable mattress …
But if you are a little special with the theme of smells, the bad smell of your mattress may also influence you when it comes to enjoying a pleasant dream. If so, do not miss this unCOMO article, because we explain How to Remove Urine Odor From Mattress?
Table of Contents
How to clean my mattress with baking soda
Many times, a mattress smells bad due to stains and other dirt that has accumulated over the years. In these cases, to remove the bad smell of a mattress, you must first get rid of the dirt, that is, clean the mattress.
An easy and inexpensive home remedy is to clean with baking soda, as it has a great antibacterial and hygienic power, and is perfect especially when you do not know how to remove urine from a mattress. Here’s how to clean the mattress with baking soda step by step:
- The first thing is to remove the sheets from the bed to leave the mattress completely naked.
- Now use a cloth of soap and water to remove the most superficial dirt. Do not worry about the mattress being wet. With good ventilation, drying will be quick and efficient.
- Then take a cloth with only water to try to remove all the remaining soap.
- Once this is done, you can choose between opening all the windows so that the mattress is ventilated quickly, or helping you with a hairdryer.
- Once the mattress is dry, sprinkle baking soda on top. Then, let him act for a few hours.
- After two or three hours, remove the baking soda from the mattress with a vacuum cleaner. If you do not have this device, you can use a dry cloth.
By cleaning the mattress in this way, you will not only leave it untarnished but also neutralize all types of odors.
White vinegar to clean the mattress
Another way to remove odors from a mattress is using white vinegar and baking soda.
- As in the previous step, we first get rid of the sheets and leave the mattress bare.
- With cloth of soap and water, we rub gently in the most challenging areas. Then with a cloth only with water to remove any soap that has remained.
- Next, take an empty sprayer and fill it with two parts of hot water and one of white vinegar.
- Shake well and then go to spray the mattress stains, without getting too wet.
- Then, without waiting for it to dry, sprinkle baking soda on the spots and let it work for about two hours until it is dry.
- Finally, vacuum the baking soda with a vacuum cleaner.
The white vinegar acts to help neutralize the smell. However, it is advisable to let a few hours pass so that the mattress is well ventilated before putting the sheets back on.
Essential oils for the smell of mattresses
Another good way to eliminate odors from the mattress, and even to provide a good smell, is to mix the sodium bicarbonate with essential oils. You can choose the one you like best, but in a COMO we advise you to opt for one of these because they are those that have a more relaxing and positive aroma to achieve a dream of the most pleasurable:
- Rosemary essential oil.
- Thyme essential oil.
- Eucalyptus essential oil.
- Cinnamon essential oil.
- Lavender essential oil.
With this type of essences, sleep will be a pleasure!
Products to clean dry mattresses
Apart from baking soda, there are other products to clean dry mattresses that you can find in stores. However, keep in mind that this type of products has many more components that can sometimes damage our mattress, rather than cleaning it and neutralizing the odor.
For this reason, we recommend that you look carefully at the label with the chemical agents that the product carries before buying it and what values if you think it is worth it. If you do not have it clear, you can ask the clerk your doubts.