We present two versions of homemade carpet cleaner, one in powder and another liquid. You can combine them to leave your carpets and fabrics as new.
Table of Contents
Two recipes of carpet cleaner
Cleaning carpets in homes with many occupants or pets can be a real challenge. The fibers accumulate dirt, the splashes are impregnated, and the colors of the fabrics lose their charm. We think that the only alternative is to hire the services of an expensive maintenance company … but it is not like that.
Here we will learn to create two versions of a competent and natural homemade carpet cleaner, which will not only leave them as new but will also take care of them along with their surroundings. If you want to know about How to get old dog urine stains out of carpet then check out this article too.
Household liquid cleaner for carpets
This is the liquid version of the filter.
- To make it, mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent in a bucket or bowl. Then add, slowly, a cup of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of white alcohol vinegar.
- Remove to integrate, carefully by the bubbling reaction that can occur when mixing vinegar with baking soda, and let sit until you feel the intense preparation. Then, pack in a spray bottle, and you’re ready to use.
- Spray with the liquid over the entire surface of the carpet, without wetting it, but making sure it is moist. Leave to act for 20 to 30 minutes, and then go over with a clean sponge, barely moistened with the product. You can use brushes if you prefer.
- Finally, dry the surplus water with absorbent papers, and let vent to finish evaporating the liquids. Your carpet will be impeccable, and its colors as new.
Powder cleaner for carpets and carpets
For fabrics that have not been cleaned and have spot spots for a long time, take advantage of this homemade powder cleaner. Prepare by mixing in a large bowl the following:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- Four dried and crushed bay leaves
- One tablespoon ground clove
- One tablespoon of borax (this ingredient is optional, increases the cleaning power but can be aggressive with children and pets)
Mix very well, dissolving possible lumps and integrating all these elements; You can do it in the processor if you prefer. Bicarbonate and borax are deep cleansing agents; they will also refresh and renew the fibers of the carpet, while the clove and laurel have effective antibacterial action.
“For fabrics that have not been cleaned for a long time and have spot spots, take advantage of the homemade powder cleaner.”
“Baking soda and borax are deep cleansing agents that will also refresh and renew the fibers of the carpet.”
Once well mixed, put all the ingredients in a container of adequate size, with a lid that allows sprinkle and another full closure, like a container of powder.
To use, sprinkle on the stain or the entire carpet, leave to act for 30 to 35 minutes, and pass a brush with medium bristles in the same direction, so as not to “disheat” the fabric. The dust will remove all the dirt, and then you can vacuum to remove it altogether.