Last updated on October 6th, 2017 at 05:34 am
Paving stones properly cleaned – explained step by step
Not only flower beds, flowers as well as lawns need their care, but also garden furniture and garden paths should be cleaned regularly. Paving stones have the disadvantage that they not only quickly accept dirt but grows in the interstices of the paving stones fast weeds and moss, and this does not look good. If you want to clean your paving stones in an environmentally friendly manner, and you want to sell mosses and algae, then there are green methods for this.
What you need (materials)
- 10 liters of water
- Stable large cooking pot
- Wooden spoon for stirring
- Calcined soda
- 20 grams of potassium permanganate
Clean paving stones with hot soda water – Instructions in individual steps
01When using soda, heat approximately 10 liters of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Then pour the hot water, which is in the cooking pot, in a stable bucket and then add 100 grams of soda.
02You should immediately pour the mixture onto the paving stones and then spread evenly with a puller. The procedure should be repeated until the entire paving stones are covered with the mix.
Clean natural stone and concrete with potassium permanganate
If the paving stone made of natural stone, such as limestone, marble or granite, you must use a unique natural stone cleaner such as potassium permanganate to clean the stone surface. Paving stones of natural stone form a timeless elegance for their subsoil and are weather-resistant for years.
- First, you must heat 10 liters of water to just before the boiling point. Then pour the hot water into a bucket and add 20 grams of potassium permanganate. Then mix well the powder with a wooden spoon.
- The liquid is then poured over the paving stones. After cleansing the natural stone, water residues should not be left on the rock surface.
- The seal forms a surface sealant.
- In the respective methods, green coverings, moss, and algae are gently removed.
If you clean the pavers at regular intervals (at least twice a year), you can prevent the weeds from spreading and causing extreme contamination.
You can also read the “How to lay paving stones” to know more.