Stainless steel appliances have been in fashion for some years. The truth is that they are wonderful and bring a different touch to the style and design of the kitchen. However, the most negative side is its cleanliness when compared to traditional appliances that are not of this material. Fortunately, everything evolves and now it is easier and more comfortable to clean this type of appliance. In a COMO, we tell you how to clean the stainless steel fridge on the outside, since refrigerators are one of the most common appliances in this material so that it does not have splashes, dust, or traces of grease and the traces of We usually leave without wanting.
Table of Contents
- Use products to clean the stainless steel fridge on the outside
- How to clean the stainless steel refrigerator with soap, vinegar and oil
- How to clean the outside of the stainless steel fridge with alcohol
- How to remove stains from the stainless steel fridge with oils
- Use cleaning wipes for the stainless steel fridge
Use products to clean the stainless steel fridge on the outside
The conventional way of cleaning the stainless steel fridge on the outside is to use the products that are explicitly sold and that is usually powder or liquid, which is somewhat thick. Also, they are sold with wipes, which usually incorporate some special oil. Although these are specific products to clean the stainless steel refrigerator door, you have to use them well to avoid damaging the refrigerator:
- The product powder or liquid you have to apply it on a cloth that is a little wet.
- Wet the cloth again a little.
- Pass it through the front of the refrigerator, rubbing lightly to remove all traces of grease, splashes, dust or fingerprints.
- Use another damp cloth to rinse and remove the remains of the product.
- Rub the steel surface with the wipes to polish. It is important that, when passing them, you do it in the direction of the veins so that they do not produce more spots or scratches.
How to clean the stainless steel refrigerator with soap, vinegar and oil
Although in supermarkets and stores you can buy specific products for cleaning the appliances that have the external part of this material, it is also possible to use lifelong remedies such as water and soap to clean the stainless steel fridge. With these products you can clean the surface well, remove stains and brighten the exterior of the refrigerator by following these steps:
- Neutral soap
- Olive oil
Steps to clean the fridge outside
- Moisten the cloth with the solution of water and neutral soap.
- Pass the wipe in the direction of the streaks of the steel so that no scratches are made, or the marks of having passed the wipe are noticed.
- Rinse with a clean dampened cloth to remove the soapy solution and allow the surface to dry a little.
- Take another slightly moistened cloth and put in it a few drops of vinegar to remove the remains of fat that have not left, if any. It is more advisable to use white vinegar, but you can use other types.
- Use another cloth with a few drops of olive oil to polish the surface of the refrigerator.
How to clean the outside of the stainless steel fridge with alcohol
Another option to clean the fridge of this delicate material is to use alcohol. Although this product can be scary because it is strong, the truth is quite effective to remove dirt on this type of surface, but then it will have to be polished. Follow these steps to clean a stainless steel refrigerator with alcohol :
- Take a microfiber cloth and put a few drops of alcohol.
- Pass the cloth over the stainless steel surface of the refrigerator.
- Take another cloth or cloth with little olive oil, or any other vegetable, to polish it. This is especially important because alcohol leaves the surface opaque. Rub well until you see that the surface is uniform.
- Pass another clean cloth to dry and remove any remaining dirt and oil.
How to remove stains from the stainless steel fridge with oils
This method is very effective if you just need to clean stains of traces of the stainless steel fridge, a good option is to use oils. The best is the extra virgin olive oils, as well as the oils that are used to care for the baby’s skin because they are soft and do not contain any abrasive component. The process is fast and very simple:
- Take a clean cloth.
- Put a few drops of the oil you choose.
- Gently rub the surface of the exterior of your stainless steel refrigerator.
- Pass another clean cloth to dry and remove all traces of dirt and oil.
With these simple steps, your fridge will be free of marks and being a natural product, if you use it as we have indicated, you can use it as many times in a row as you need without damaging the surface of the stainless steel refrigerator.
Use cleaning wipes for the stainless steel fridge
Surely, you’ve heard that there are people who clean this appliance with cleaning wipes. It is a product that is also effective because they are cleaning cloths with oil to give shine. However, they are only used to eliminate the marks on the fingers and disguise the scratches on the surface.
Its application is the easiest. You have to take the washcloth and pass it all over its surface. You do not need to clarify later or take any further steps. Of course, you should run the entire surface and not just the area of the tracks because, otherwise, you will notice one part brighter than another.
With these tips on how to clean the stainless steel fridge on the outside, we hope we have helped you to remove dirt more easily. From a COMO, we recommend consulting with experts how these appliances should be cleaned and read and follow the instructions of the products you use to achieve a good result.