Do you have an old and damaged car that you are aiming to repair?
Well, you will need to buy a lot of things including a welding machine for the bodywork. Restoration goals and the absolute repairs will actually be completed only with the help of the welding machine. Since there are a great number of the welding machines out there, so you need to actually learn about which welding machine is better and which suits your work.
So, first of all, you will be determining what kind of metal you will repair in the prospective project. You will also be required to assess the thickness of the metal. Most of the cars in the market are equipped with a metal that has a narrow range. Steel is the common metal used in the cars, however, the car may be made of the aluminum frames. So, accordingly, you will choose the welding machine.
For the automotive uses, you need to choose from the best welding machines available in the market.
Table of Contents
- What Is The Best Welder For Auto Body Work?
- i. SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine
- Amazing Features of the SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder
- ii. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder
- Amazing Features of the Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder:
- iii. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
- Amazing Features of the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder:
- iv. Lotos MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder Flux Core Welder
- Amazing Features of the Lotos MIG140:
- What type of welder is used for body panels?
- Can You Use A Stick Welder For Auto Body Work?
What Is The Best Welder For Auto Body Work?
In order to produce the amazing, stable and better sheet metals, you need to have the best welders of the market. Following are some of the best welders for auto body work available within the market:
i. SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine
This is a MIG welder, which does not use gas for the welding processes. It is very advantageous for you as you can use the welding machine from any preferred position. This is a quite small, compact, lightweight and portable MIG welder. Its compactness and portability give you the ease, as you do not have to arrange a large set-up for the renovation and restoration of the car.
Amazing Features of the SUNCOO 130 MIG Welder
- This welding machine can be easily controlled with the four-button of flow adjustments.
- With its adjustment settings and speed controller settings, you can actually have the full control on your task, acquiring the precise results.
- This is a well-designed and durable product.
- It is a quite portable and convenient-to-use product.
- It performs quieter and faster than other products.
ii. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder
If you are aiming to work at the different metals at the same time, then Hobart 500559 is the best welding machine for you. It can work on a great many metals such as iron, brass, titanium, magnesium, aluminum, copper, etc.
Amazing Features of the Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder:
- It guarantees a number of great results with a 5-position voltage selector.
- It has industrial performance, which means that it produces the best and stable results.
- This unit gives you the chance to weld the ¼ inches of steel.
- You can work on various metals with this welder.
- When you work with delicate and soft materials, Hobart always helps you with the softer materials and produces amazing results.
iii. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
Whether you are currently resolving to work with shielding gas or flux-cored wire, Lincoln Electric will help you in both the choices. This is preferable due to its lightweight and compact features.
Amazing Features of the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder:
- In order to equip you with the speed you want, Lincoln Electric offers you with the adjustable fire feed weed speed controller.
- You can use both, shielding gas or flux-cored.
- This kit is quite easy to store and use, which has absolutely everything that you need.
- It has a good warranty.
iv. Lotos MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder Flux Core Welder
With the Lotos Welding machine, you can weld different kinds of metal components such as stainless steel, aluminum and others. This product has transformer technology, which means that it is very durable and long-lasting. This welding machine also comes with the wire speed display, which prevents tangling and crushing of the wires.
Amazing Features of the Lotos MIG140:
- This welding machine can be used very conveniently by going through its simple manual book.
- This welding machine has a 1-year warranty – which is huge.
- Its set-up takes a few minutes only.
- It produces even, stable and amazing results on the metal surfaces.
What type of welder is used for body panels?
Here are a few things you should consider before buying a welder for the body panels:
Checking Amperage: If you are working on the thinner metals, you need to actually require the amperage of the 100th to 130th If you are working on thicker steel, you may need 180 amperage welder.
Heat Transfer: The unit must be equipped with a system of the displacement of the heat. Otherwise, you can experience the power supply failure. You must go for duty-cycle, as it will also help you in preventing the overheating.
Go For the Expensive Welder: Well, if you opt for buying the expensive welder, you will be also buying a lot of features that help in producing amazing and better results.
Can You Use A Stick Welder For Auto Body Work?
You can never absolutely stick weld body panels, at all. Stick welder is never chosen for the auto bodywork. Traditionally, the cheapest way to weld the body is ox/acy. MIG Welding with the shielding gas is the most proper way to weld the body panels. With the shielding gas, you get the clean and the best-looking welds on the sheet metal.
In order to weld the body panels, you will need to use the MIG welding with shielding gas. There are different body welders available within the market. We have curated a list of four welders such as Lincoln, Hobart, Lotos and SUNCOO. Four of these are amazing choices for body panel welding. You should consider your own budget, work requirement and other considerations while opting for the best welder for auto body panels.