This review highlights the best SteelSeries headsets for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch gaming consoles. These headphones deliver superior sound quality with accurate sound reproduction, powerful bass, and crystal-clear vocals. In addition, they include clear-cast microphones for voice clarity and communication during intense gaming. These headphones also have fabric air weave cushions that make gaming and listening comfort. If you’re a gamer searching for the best SteelSeries headsets, check out our recommendations below.
Our Top Picks
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=list]
SteelSeries Gaming Headsets: An Introductory Overview
SteelSeries is a Danish PC, mobile, and console gaming peripherals manufacturer. SteelSeries, which was founded in 2001 and had its headquarters in Frederiksberg, Denmark, began as a manufacturer of gaming-oriented mousepads and has since expanded rapidly.
After acquiring gaming peripherals manufacturer Ideazon, SteelSeries began developing new product lines and forming partnerships with major game developers such as EA, Blizzard, and Valve. SteelSeries also sponsors numerous eSports events.
SteelSeries produces the acclaimed SteelSeries Arctis line of audio products. The Arctis line includes wireless and wired headset models, console-specific headsets designed to pair with the PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox Wireless, as well as all-platform gaming headsets with price points ranging from moderate to premium.
The modular and stylish design of SteelSeries Arctis products is exemplary. Most provide microphones for clear voice communication. Some Arctis Pro wireless headsets have replaceable batteries, which significantly benefits extended gaming sessions.
Why Should Invest in a Brand-New SteelSeries Gaming Headset?
There are numerous reasons why you should consider purchasing a SteelSeries headset. Suppose you are constructing a new gaming station around a gaming PC, high-end gaming laptop, or next-generation console. In that case, you may want to ensure that a headset can reproduce the latest game sound effects and doing justice to the musical scores of your favorite games. Consequently, a new SteelSeries headset with the company’s Hi-Res audio could be an excellent purchase.
A new SteelSeries Arctis headset may also be an excellent option for gamers who wish to launch a streaming channel or upload more content to streaming platforms. New Arctis Pro Wireless headsets feature an award-winning wireless range, low-latency connectivity, and lossless 2.4GHz wireless audio, providing an excellent balance between quality and mobility.
Competitive or online multiplayer gaming may also be an excellent reason to upgrade your headset. SteelSeries offers the noise canceling ClearCast microphone, a retractable boom mic optimized for clear voice chat audio in multiplayer gaming environments.
Current SteelSeries gaming headsets offer improved connectivity and performance, with key features including lossless 2.4GHz wireless audio and USB-C ports for easier wired connection to mobile devices of the current generation. The new USB-C charging cable offers enhanced fast charging capability in specific models.
In addition to improved multi-device compatibility, the latest SteelSeries Arctis headsets feature updated virtual surround sound technology, allowing you to enjoy the whole audio experience of the most recent consoles.
The Best Steelseries Headsets In 2022
Currently, we have tested many SteelSeries headphones. This brand is renowned for its low latency, sound reproduction, and microphone performance-oriented, gamer-centric design.
1. Best Steelseries Headphones For PS5: SteelSeries Arctis 7+ Wireless Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”1″]
The SteelSeries Arctis 7+ Wireless is the best SteelSeries headset we’ve tested for the PS5. These comfortable headphones are compatible with this manufacturer’s Sonar beta-testing software. It offers even more customization options than the default SteelSeries GG companion software, such as a parametric EQ and presets for adjusting the boomy sound to your liking, as well as chat mixing and microphone levels with their own EQs.
If you enjoy chatting with other players during gaming sessions, their boom mic provides adequate performance, making your voice sound clear and natural. Your teammates shouldn’t have trouble understanding you if you’re gaming in a moderately noisy environment.
Although the manufacturer advertises over 30 hours of continuous use, we measured over 60 hours, comparable to the SteelSeries 7P+ Wireless headphones. Moreover, they have low wireless latency, so you shouldn’t experience audio and visual synchronization issues while gaming.
As with most headphones from this manufacturer, their ski-band headband design makes them susceptible to bass and treble delivery inconsistencies; therefore, you should take the time to ensure a good fit, seal, and positioning for a more consistent sound. They also have difficulty blocking out background noises, such as the low rumble of car engines and background chatter. They offer a customizable performance with low latency for PS5 gamers.
- Headphones fit type:Over-Ear.Microphone Frequency Response 100-6500 Hz
- Updated 2021 version of the Award Winning Arctis 7 – PC Gamer Best Wireless Gaming Headset.Updated dongle with USB-C for 2.4Ghz lossless wireless audio, ultra-low latency gaming and super stable 40ft per 12m range means you’ll never miss a beat. (USB-A adapter incl.)
- Enhanced 30-hour battery with USB-C charging outlasts even your longest gaming sessions
- 7.1 virtual surround sound (PC), 3D Audio (PS5) lets you immerse yourself in 360-degrees of precision audio for the competitive advantage
- Arctis 7 plus (2021) upgrades the 7 with all new features like USB-C and 30 Hour battery life but with the same awesome audio – Part of the award winning Arctis 7 family “PC Gamer Best Wireless Gaming Headset – Arctis 7”
- Very Lightweight
- Fantastic sound reproduction in almost all real-world tests
- Wireless audio and voice chat is truly lag free
- Out of this world comfort
- Aggressive bend in the headband and shallow cups made for some discomfort around the ears
- Not comfortable
- Bass isn't particularly powerful
2. Best Steelseries Headphones For Xbox Series X/S: SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”2″]
The SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless is the best headphones we’ve tested for the Xbox Series X/S. These comfortable, well-constructed headphones are compatible with Xbox Wireless technology, allowing for full audio and microphone compatibility when connected wirelessly to an Xbox One or Xbox Series X console. This wireless connection also has low latency, so there should be no issues with audio and video synchronization.
Even if you’re gaming in a noisy environment, your voice will be transmitted clearly and accurately to your teammates on the other end of the line thanks to the retractable boom microphone. They have a relatively neutral sound signature suitable for listening to a wide variety of audio content, although they lack low bass. Fortunately, the SteelSeries Engine software includes a graphic EQ and presets for customizing their sound. They also last for an incredible 28 hours on a single charge.
Unfortunately, like most gaming headphones we’ve evaluated, they offer poor noise isolation so that you may be distracted by background noises in a lively environment. Additionally, their audio delivery is inconsistent, so their bass and treble delivery may vary based on their fit, seal, and positioning on your head, particularly if you wear glasses or have curly hair. This is a solid option if you’re looking for a headset with low latency for your Xbox console.
- Integrated Xbox Wireless connectivity: Connect directly to your Xbox Series XS or Xbox One just like a wireless controller, and start gaming in seconds with no cable or dongle required
- Bluetooth: Simultaneously connects to Bluetooth and Xbox to mix in music and take calls while gaming, or use wirelessly on the go with your mobile device
- Clearcast Microphone: The Arctis mic uses a bidirectional design, the same used by aircraft carrier deck crews, for superior noise Cancellation so that your voice sounds clear and natural
- Award-winning sound: The award-winning soundscape of Arctis emphasizes subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- 20 Plus Hour battery: A brand new Chipset designed specifically for Xbox with superior audio quality and dual-wireless support and optimized for ultra-low power consumption
- Compatibility: Xbox One- Xbox Wireless; PC; Mobile- Bluetooth
- Extremely comfortable
- Slick and attractive design
- Completely wireless
- Excellent sound
- Wireless Xbox compatibility
- Frustrating button layout
- Few customizations options
- Design's reliance on plastic can be a distraction
3. Best Budget Steelseries Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wired Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”3″]
The SteelSeries Arctis 1 is the best SteelSeries headset at the budget level that we’ve tested. These wired headphones provide a virtually lag-free gaming experience and are compatible with AUX-equipped consoles. Unlike other headphones in SteelSeries’ lineup, they have a simple headband design that’s lightweight and decently comfortable.
Their warm sound profile adds an extra touch of the boom to your mixes, which can help emphasize sound effects in your games. Their boom mic records your voice exceptionally well and can separate speech from moderate ambient noise.
Unfortunately, their price point is reflected in their build quality. These headphones are made of flimsy plastic that lacks sturdiness, and the hinges appear susceptible to breaking under a slight strain.
They’re also not compatible with SteelSeries Engine software and prone to inconsistencies in their audio reproduction, so you may need to adjust their fit and positioning each time you use them to ensure a more consistent sound. These headphones are an affordable option if you don’t mind their basic, no-frills design.
- Headphone Frequency Response 20–20000 Hz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear.Cable Length 3 m / 10 ft
- Wired gaming headset with universal connectivity for all platforms including PC PS4 Xbox switch and lite and mobile via standard 3.5 millimeter connection
- Features the critically acclaimed signature audio of the Arctis line for precisely balanced incredibly realistic in game audio
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming Arctis ClearCast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Padded air weave ear cushions and adjustable steel reinforced headband provide long lasting comfort and durability
- Detachable microphone low profile design and fold flat earcups for non-gaming occasions and convenience on the go
- Very Comfortable on head and ears
- Good volume with little distortion
- Compatible with many different devices
- Adapters included
- Great drivers
- No lighting at all
- No ski goggle headband
- Bassier than other Arctis cans
- No ChatMix control
- Subpar mic quality
4. SteelSeries Arctis 7P Wireless
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”4″]
Undoubtedly, the SteelSeries Arctis 7P/7X will be one of the best gaming headsets in 2022. The 7P is their PlayStation 5/4 variant, whereas the 7X is for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One. Additionally, both models are compatible with PCs, Androids, and Nintendo Switches.
The headset connects to your gaming consoles and devices via a USB-C port. It has durable, lightweight steel construction and a ski goggle band for added comfort. The lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio on this headset was designed for ultra-low latency gaming, so you can anticipate clear audio.
With this headset’s retractable ClearCast bidirectional microphone, allies and adversaries can hear you. As a result of the Arctis 7P/7X’s superior noise cancellation capabilities, you will enjoy a more immersive gaming experience. Users have complete control over the amount of audible mic input due to the sidetone’s adjustability.
The headset has physical buttons for adjusting the volume and muzzling the microphone. Additionally, you gain additional ports for wired connections and audio sharing. The headset’s 24-hour battery life is one of its primary selling points, allowing for uninterrupted gaming for a full day.
- Designed for PlayStation 5 and also compatible with PlayStation 4, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch
- Lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio Designed for ultra-low latency gaming
- Discovered-certified clear cast bidirectional microphone
- Hear stunning detail in all next-gen games with award-winning sound
- 24-hour battery life outlasts even your longest gaming sessions
- Durable, lightweight, and comfortable
- Lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio
- ClearCast bidirectional microphone with noise cancellation
- 24-hour battery life
- Not the best music quality
- Delivery of treble and bass can be inconsistent
5. Best for PC: SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”5″]
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless is an option if you have the funds to purchase the most expensive product. This high-end gaming headset costs approximately $550 and provides an unparalleled audio experience. It features dual-wireless technology that offers wireless lossless audio at 2.4 GHz. The headphones have premium speaker drivers with magnets of high density.
It reproduces Hi-Red audio at approximately 40.000 Hz. The Arctis Pro Wireless is miles ahead of the competition, as it is the first gaming headset to feature Headphone:X v2.0. It indicates that you can experience surround sound through your headphones. Many consider its ClearCast noise-canceling microphone to be the best mix for gamers. You have studio-quality voice clarity, so whoever is listening to you will be able to understand every word you say.
Due to its lightweight steel and aluminum alloy, you can expect maximum durability from it. As a result of the headband’s premium woven ski goggle fabric, it conforms to the shape of your head. Due to the AirWeave ear cushions, your ears will remain cool and dry regardless of how long you wear the headphones.
Its battery life provides up to 20 hours of gameplay per charge, and since it comes with two interchangeable batteries, you can play while the other is charging. Customers will receive a transmitter base station, a Toslink optical cable, a USB audio cable, a mobile charging cable, a mobile audio cable, and a microphone windscreen in addition to the Arctis Pro Wireless.
- Dual-Wireless technology provides rock solid, 2.4G wireless lossless audio for gaming, combined with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices
- Premium Hi-Res speakers with high-density neodymium magnets reproduce a full, expansive frequency range from 10 – 40,000 Hz with stunning realism and clarity
- Luxurious lightweight steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent fit
- Two included swappable batteries allow you to charge a battery in the base station, while using the other for more than 20 hours of gaming
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the ClearCast microphone delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Optional firmware update from SteelSeries Engine will add PS5 input mode.
- Durable and comfortable
- Swappable batteries with a 20-hour battery life each
- Superb audio and microphone quality
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or USB transmitter
- Bass and treble needs improvements
- Could use a button for adjusting volume of mic
- Noise isolation could be better
6. Best Surround Sound: SteelSeries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”6″]
The SteelSeries Arctis 5 is one of the more affordable options that still provide great value. This headset can connect to PlayStation consoles and PCs via a USB sound card, but it can also connect to mobile devices via a 3.5 mm cable. It is comparable to the Arctis 7 due to its stereo and virtual 7.1 surround sound capabilities.
You will receive the same signature Arctis audio experience and a bidirectional ClearCast microphone with noise-cancellation capabilities. The headset’s support for DTS Headphone:X v2.0 provides an authentic surround sound experience. The Arctis utilizes a premium woven ski goggle fabric that allows the headset to fit perfectly on the head while evenly distributing weight.
Due to its lightweight design and AirWeave ear cushions, you won’t even realize that you’re wearing it. The inline USB chat mix dial also allows users to adjust the volume of their game and chat audio. This headset’s construction is not as premium as its more expensive competitors, but it still serves its purpose.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Arctis 5 combines cutting edge audio technology with independent game and chat controls and RGB illumination for an immersive gaming experience
- Award winning arctic speaker drivers produce ultra-low distortion, paired with DTS headphone’s v2.0 surround sound for rich, immersive audio
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, arctic clear cast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancelation
- The inline USB chat mix dial balances game audio and chat volume on the fly
- Padded air weave ear cushions and adjustable, steel reinforced headband provide long-lasting comfort and durability
- Stereo and virtual 7.1 surround sound
- Perfect microphone for gaming
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Not the most premium build
- Bass and treble could use improvements
7. SteelSeries Arctis 3 - All-Platform Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”7″]
The SteelSeries Arctis 3 is one of the best headsets available from SteelSeries. These gaming headsets are compatible with PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch consoles using detachable 3.5mm cables. These headsets also include a discord-certified clear cast microphone with studio-quality voice reproduction and background noise cancellation for clear communication. The microphone has an adjustable sensitivity level of 48 dB.
The Arctis 3 headphones feature S1 speaker drivers that produce crisp highs, detailed midranges, and relatively solid bass response. These headphones have extremely low audio distortion, and you can turn the volume up without hearing any distortion. They are fully compatible with the native surround sound found in Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One consoles, and they provide an immersive listening experience with a wide frequency range and soundstage.
With these headphones, you can hear in-game cinematics and sound effects with greater precision and things that you may not have noticed before. The headphone has a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, a sensitivity of 98 dB, and 32 ohms impedance.
Moreover, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 headsets are incredibly comfortable to wear and feature ear cushions with fabric air weaves that keep your ears cool and dry. The ski-goggle suspension headband, which contours across the entire head to evenly distribute the headset’s weight, makes them highly comfortable to wear for extended periods without causing fatigue.
Using the physical dial on the headset, you can mix chat audio with regular audio, allowing you to hear both background music and chat simultaneously. This improves the overall gaming experience significantly.
Overall, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 headsets are, without a doubt, the best SteelSeries headsets in terms of sound quality and value. These gaming headsets are compatible with all platforms and consoles (including Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One), so you cannot go wrong by selecting them.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Designed for everywhere you game, with superior sound, comfort and style on all gaming platforms, including pc, PlayStation, Xbox one, Nintendo switch via detachable 3.5 millimeter cables
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Play all day with athletics inspired performance fabric air weave ear cushions that keep your ears cool and dry
- Windows sonic spatial audio fully compatible with native surround sound built into windows 10 pcs and Xbox one consoles; Headphone sensitivity: 98 dB
- Incredible 3D surround sound
- Detachable 3.5mm cable
- Intuitive on-ear cup controls
- Audio issues with some consoles
8. Best for PS4: SteelSeries Arctis Pro with DAC Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”8″]
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro with DAC and amp is a highly potent combination for audiophiles and PS4 players. The Arctis Pro is one of the best SteelSeries headsets, and when paired with the SteelSeries DAC, it produces vibrant and clear sound. The GameDAC is engineered to provide audiophile-grade sound quality, making these headphones ideal for elite gamers and professionals. This bundle can transform your PS4 or PC into a gaming powerhouse with immersive audio performance.
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro headsets feature high-resolution audio with DTS surrounds sound to provide an expansive soundstage with precise positional cues. It combines the best SteelSeries headset with an ESS Sabre DAC and amplifier for superior sound reproduction.
You can literally hear each detail of the game and the subtle sounds of your opponents. The headset lets you hear where incoming projectiles are coming from and maintain your awareness throughout the game. Even though these are closed-back headphones, they sound incredibly expansive. The DAC amplification lets you hear even more minute details in the game that you would have never noticed otherwise.
The headset includes the bidirectional Arctis ClearCast microphone, which provides studio-quality sound with adequate clarity and background noise cancellation. These headsets’ intuitive OLED menu and on-ear ChatMix dial allow you to control the amount of gaming music or voice chatter that can be heard between players, which particularly impressed us.
We liked that the Arctis Pro headset has a studio-quality clear-cast microphone that enhances voice clarity and allows you to be heard clearly. In addition to being constructed from premium materials such as polished steel and aluminum alloy, the headset features a breathable fabric earcup for a comfortable listening experience.
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro with DAC is a highly potent combination for PS4 players and audiophiles. They are currently the best SteelSeries headsets on the market, and paired with this DAC; you’re in for an exciting gaming experience.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Gaming’s first certified Hi-Res audio system pairs premium speaker drivers with next-generation DTS surround sound to produce incredibly accurate positional cues
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, Arctis ClearCast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Premium adjustable ski goggle suspension headband distributes weight evenly, for maximum comfort during extended gaming sessions
- Intuitive OLED menu and on-ear ChatMix dial allow for on-the-fly adjustments of game audio, voice settings, and more
- Very good build quality
- HiRes audio quality
- Very comfortable
- Well-balanced frequency response
- Subtle RGB lighting
- Lots of customization options
- Made for the desk, not the couch
- Artificial limit on output
- No chat mix on earcup
9. Honorable Mention: SteelSeries Arctis 3 Console - Stereo Wired Gaming Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”9″]
SteelSeries Arctis 3 Console is the preferred headset for connecting to PS5 and other gaming consoles. This headset’s microphone captures the user’s voice with clarity. The microphone has noise-canceling technology to eliminate ambient noise. This device’s tuned S1 speaker drivers deliver well-balanced audio to give users a competitive edge. However, this model’s bass is somewhat lacking.
This headset has been optimized for console use. It features on-ear controls for volume adjustment and muting convenience. With a plush fabric cushion and lightweight construction, this headset is ideal for long gaming sessions.
This gaming headset is constructed from lightweight materials that provide comfort for long gaming sessions. It features a premium woven fabric for ski goggles that gives comfort. This device features on-ear controls for volume and muting, allowing users to adjust the headset easily. This model’s black color scheme will add a touch of sophistication to the game room. This headset’s microphone is retractable, allowing users to conceal it while listening to music.
- The clear cast mic is the best mic in gaming, delivering studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- The S1 speaker drivers are engineered to produce a detailed, balanced soundscape with ultra-low distortion, for your games, music, movies and more
- The exclusive Skin goggle suspension headband perfectly contours across your entire head, comfortably distributing the Weight and eliminating pressure points
- Constructed with strong, ultra-lightweight materials for maximum comfort and durability
- Amazingly lightweight design
- Intuitive on-ear controls
- Noise-canceling mic
- Weak bass
10. Best Wireless: SteelSeries Casque Gamer Arctis 7 Noir 2019
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”10″]
The wireless SteelSeries Casque Gamer Arctis 7 Noir gaming headset, offers quick connectivity. This device utilizes 2.4GHz RF Wi-Fi for lossless connections with low latency. With a bidirectional ClearCast microphone certified by Discord, this headset is highly sensitive, capturing and delivering clear sounds. This noise-canceling microphone is ideal for noisy environments. It supports Surround Sound and provides an immersive 3D experience. However, this device’s micro-USB charging port is susceptible to damage.
This SteelSeries Casque Gamer Arctis 7 Noir gaming headset has an integrated rechargeable battery with a maximum runtime of 24 hours per charge. It has a wireless range of up to 40 feet, allowing users to move freely throughout the room without losing the signal. It features high-quality S1 speaker drivers, and this headset amplifies whispers and shadows to provide a gameplay advantage. This headset’s DTS surround sound offers a complete, engaging gaming experience.
- Lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio designed for low latency gaming
- Best mic in gaming: the Discord-certified ClearCast bidirectional microphone
- Hear stunning detail in all games with award-winning Arctis sound
- Next-generation DTS Headphone:X v2.0 surround sound
- 24-hour battery life outlasts even your longest gaming sessions
- Outstanding built-in battery
- 40-feet wireless range
- DTS surround sound
- Charging issues
SteelSeries gaming headset buying guide
SteelSeries has produced some of the most consistently reliable gaming headsets for years, but its Arctis line can be confusing. Unlike some of its competitors, the company does not enter the lifestyle audio or microphone markets, but that does not imply that everything is straightforward. How is the Arctis 7 and Arctis 9 different? They appear identical and very similar, but their prices are drastically different.
Learn everything you need to know about SteelSeries’ gaming headsets by reading on.
Wired or wireless?
Wireless is a viable option, but the decision to cut the cord ultimately rests with you.
Some games require you to communicate with other players; in these cases, a high-quality microphone is required. It would help if you choose a headset with a microphone that provides clear and concise reception.
If the headset you select lacks a quality microphone, there is no point in choosing it. Ensure that your microphone is not sensitive to unwanted sounds. Headsets with noise-canceling capabilities will ensure this.
For professional gamers, gaming sessions can last up to 12 hours and last for hours. Your comfort is crucial to your performance. It is essential to ensure that wearing your gaming headset does not cause discomfort.
If you feel constricted while wearing your headset, you will likely be distracted while playing. Choose a sufficiently comfortable headset that will allow you to play for extended periods.
Therefore, what characteristics make gaming headsets comfortable to wear? However, there are numerous factors to consider.
Material of Headphone
PVC, rubber, synthetic leather, silicone, foam, etc., are the most common materials found in headphones. Around-ear headphones were made from PVC and polyurethane, with the former being the most popular.
Silicon, however, is a softer material for on-ear headphones.
Arctis headsets range from approximately $49 to $329 MSRP, so you must consider your budget and requirements. All Arctis headsets share features such as the ClearCast microphone, Airweave ear cushions, and award-winning sound quality, so the price difference is due to features such as wireless, hot-swappable batteries, Bluetooth, full steel frames, RGB lighting, etc.
Even if you are only looking for a PC headset, you should consider what other devices you own or may want to use with a headset, including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Android phones.
All Arctis headsets have varying degrees of cross-platform compatibility, allowing you to switch from PC to console quickly.
After reading this, I hope you feel more confident and knowledgeable about your headset selection. These are merely my recommendations. You can peruse all SteelSeries headsets to see the entire lineup and investigate each product to determine which is best for you.
Comparison of SteelSeries Gaming Headsets to Other Brands
SteelSeries headsets provide an excellent sound profile for multiplayer and competitive gaming, thanks to the input of professional gamers during development. With their high-resolution-capable speaker drivers, the Arctis Pro headphones do not overpower with bass, emphasizing crisp sound and pinpoint detail.
- (Con 1) Battery Life Trails Some Competitors: SteelSeries Arctis Pro wireless headsets typically offer approximately 20 hours of battery life, which is sufficient for most gamers but falls short of the 44 hours or more provided by some more expensive gaming headsets. However, some SteelSeries Arctis models have a 24-hour battery life, and the Arctis Pro features an innovative battery solution that can be swapped out.
- (Pro 2) Good Ergonomics: SteelSeries headsets feature well-positioned on-ear controls and an intuitive volume wheel. The retractable microphone and mic settings are also generally accessible and straightforward to use, which assists with maintaining concentration.
- (Con 2) Smaller Drivers: While some other headphone brands employ 50mm, drivers, SteelSeries Arctis Pro headphones typically use 40mm, drivers. However, driver size is not all that important for the frequency range, most important for gaming.
- (Pro 3) Newer SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless models provide exceptional cross-platform compatibility, with USB-C cable, USB-C dongle wireless transmitter, and optical analog 3.5mm audio cable options for connecting to mobile devices, PCs, laptops, and consoles.
- (Con 3) Some May Find Set Up Complicated: While Arctis Pro models offer exceptional customizability and versatility, with features such as a wireless transmitter base station with integrated controls or a digital-to-analog converter, some users may find the setup procedure to be overly complicated.
- (Pro 4) Solid Retractable Microphone Options: Certain models include a ClearCast bidirectional microphone certified by Discord and mounted on a retractable boom arm. It eliminates mechanical keyboard and computer fan noise effectively, making it an excellent gaming microphone.
- (Con 4) Full-Featured Models Get Pricey: SteelSeries offers exceptional features, such as low-latency wireless connectivity and comfortable “ski goggle” suspension headbands, at mid-market and premium prices. However, they do not offer as many budget-friendly options for basic gaming headsets as competing brands.
What is the lifespan of SteelSeries gaming headsets?
The lifespan of headsets is highly variable based on the type and quality of the headset, the use scenario, and environmental conditions. The average lifespan of a gaming headset is three to five years, whereas audiophile headphones and mixing headphones can last a decade or more.
Wireless models typically degrade faster than wired headsets due to the limited battery life of their rechargeable batteries. There are claims that modern lithium-ion battery cells can withstand between 500 and 2,000 charge cycles. Extreme heat, deep discharge, and frequent rapid charging can shorten the lifespan of batteries. Additionally, wireless transmitters may become obsolete due to the evolution of connection protocols.
SteelSeries Arctis headsets are constructed with a lightweight steel alloy for stressed parts such as the adjustable headband frame and swivel mounts, contributing to their overall durability.
The unique dual battery feature of the premier SteelSeries Pro Wireless headsets is noteworthy. Theoretically, the replaceable batteries should allow this model to outlast other wireless gaming headsets since batteries can be replaced as they degrade.
Standard headset accessories include Earcup padding, adjustable strap anchors, USB ports, and 3.5 mm audio jacks. Microphone and speaker diaphragm cover foam filters can also become brittle and deteriorate over time. The USB dongle, carrying case, and earphone covers are frequently replaced components.
Experts recommend selecting a gaming headset with a durable design and high-quality materials, as well as the most modern charging cable and wireless connectivity, for maximum durability. Keep your headset in a location free from extreme heat and dust. An adequately positioned desk hook or headset stand can protect your headset from accidental drops and liquid spills.
SteelSeries Gaming Headset Warranties
SteelSeries headsets purchased directly from the SteelSeries Web Store or an authorized retailer in North America come with a one-year limited warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship. SteelSeries ships replacement products with a 30-day warranty or the remainder of the original product’s warranty period, whichever is longer.
This limited warranty covers all major components of the gaming headset, including the USB dongles and retractable or detachable microphone. It excludes accidental damage, customer-installed software, and normal wear and tear, including chips and scratches.
Customers in the EU and Australia receive a 2-year limited warranty with broadly similar terms and conditions.
With the launch of the Arctis 7+ and Arctis 7P+ wireless headsets, SteelSeries provides gamers with early access to Sonar, an all-new audio software for powerful sound customization for PC that enables ChatMix, 7.1 virtual surround sound, and additional features that will officially launch in 2022
While both headphones are comfortable and well-built, the Arctis 7+ have a better battery performance, more robust sound customization features in their companion software, and have lower non-Bluetooth wireless latency. However, the Arctis 7 2019 have a better overall boom mic performance.
The SteelSeries Arctis 7+ Wireless is great for gaming. It’s very comfortable, which means extended gaming sessions are easy to handle. The headset’s impressive battery life means you’ll be able to fit quite a lot of gaming in before needing to charge it, too.
Most of their headphones have balanced audio reproduction and solid microphones, making them suitable for gaming with others. Generally well-built, SteelSeries only makes over-ear headphones, and many of their designs have their unique ski-band headband for comfort.
The SteelSeries Arctis 5 2019 Edition are slightly better-wired gaming headphones than the HyperX Cloud 2/Cloud II. They have a very nice gaming software that allows lots of customization and control over the headset. Also, their sound quality is better than the HyperX’s, especially in the treble range.
SteelSeries makes some of the best gaming headsets on the market, but with its new flagship Arctis Nova Pro, the company is doing a top to bottom overhaul featuring with a brand-new design, a second gen GameDAC and an innovative audio suite with support for 360-degree spatial audio and more.
Turtle Beach headphones have decent sound, especially in some more expensive models. However, Steelseries does have a slightly better sound reproduction that is perfect for gaming. Steelseries and Turtle Beach have good microphones. Steelseries offers gamers great noise handling for crisp microphone performance.
Without a doubt, the SteelSeries Arctis 9 Wireless is a well-made gaming headset. It’s super comfortable, sounds great, and it works on a bunch of different platforms. The Bluetooth connectivity adds even more compatibility and having an AAC codec option is great for Apple device users.
SteelSeries offers gaming-specific headphones. Their exceptional design and battery life make them ideal for lengthy gaming sessions. Additionally, most of their headphones have excellent sound reproduction. The unique ski-band headband may not be comfortable or fit users with larger heads.