We tested Ryobi cordless circular saws to find the best tool for your needs. The Ryobi circular saw is a must-have in any woodshop, and in order to find the best cordless circular saws on the market, we purchased ten of the most popular models for side-by-side comparison testing.
We concentrated on direct-drive battery-powered saws ranging in size from 7 1/4″ framing saws to 5 1/2″ trim saws. Our experts put each of these saws through the same set of tests, focusing on ease of use, cutting power, and, of course, battery life.
Whether you’re looking for a professional-grade saw or a budget-friendly model for the occasional home improvement project, our in-depth review provides expert recommendations based on value and performance.
Our data is organized so that you can easily compare models to find the best cordless circular saw for your needs and budget. Our tech experts are always on the lookout for the best tools for their next DIY project, from the woodshop to the garden. We have in-depth reviews of the best hand tools on the market, ranging from chainsaws to impact drivers.
What to Know About Who Makes Ryobi Tools?
Various tasks require tools, and people must access high-quality tools to facilitate their work. Ryobi is one of the most well-known tool brands available to do-it-yourselfers for multiple applications.
This brand contains a variety of hand tools, power tools, and auto mechanic tools. In addition, the brand ensures that these tools are accessible everywhere. Have you ever wondered who manufactures Ryobi tools? This article will reveal some interesting information about the manufacturers of Ryobi tools and some of the products of this brand.
Who Makes Ryobi Tools?
Ryobi Limited provides Ryobi tools and remains one of the most sought-after brands due to their superior quality. Since its founding in 1943, this brand has been actively responsible for distributing electric power tools and other valuable items.
The company began by selling die-cast products, and in 1961 it began manufacturing offset printing presses. Please be aware that the introduction of Ryobi tools began in 1968. This brand’s market presence has been consistent to date.
Presently, Ryobi operates approximately twelve manufacturing facilities in six countries. In Shelby, Indiana, however, the only manufacturing company in the United States was founded in 1985.
However, it may be interesting to know that Techtronic Industries Limited is the manufacturer of Ryobi tools (TTi Group). Please be advised that TTi appears to be one of the industry’s most rapidly expanding tool manufacturers.
Founded by Horst J. Pudwill and Roy Chung Chi Ping in 1985 and headquartered in Hong Kong, TTi has been in operation for some time. This organization employs more than 7,100 people in 133 locations throughout North and South America, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
The company provides various private label tools, including Ryobi, Hart, Empire, AEG, Vax, Hoover, and Milwaukee. Since its founding in 1985, this company has supplied high-quality goods.
TTi is a firm with a robust portfolio in the manufacturing industry, and the company was founded on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1990. Among the numerous tool brands available on the market, Ryobi stands out as one of the best-performing options, with a vast assortment for various applications.
The good news is that Ryobi products, ranging from screwdrivers to advanced drills and power tools, appear reasonably priced. Again, Ryobi provides people with excellent warranties, with some limited warranties lasting up to three years.
6 Best Ryobi Cordless Circular Saws Reviews
Ryobi adds a full-size circular saw to its lineup of cordless circular saws. The Ryobi Cordless Circular Saw maintains Ryobi’s reputation for combining desirable features at an affordable price. The saw effortlessly cuts lumber and plywood while remaining perfectly balanced and user-friendly. It is typical of Ryobi to improve a classic tool without compromising its functionality.
The 6 best Ryobi Circular Saws in 2022 ranked based on consumer reviews
1. Best Overall: Ryobi One P505 18V Lithium Ion Cordless 5 1/2" 4,700 RPM Circular Saw
- GRIPZONE OVERMOLD: The handles of this power tool are lined with a rubber mold. This increases friction between your hands and the tool, improving handling in most conditions
- TRANSPARENT LOWER GUARD: The polyurethane blade guard is clear, so you can get maximum visibility on your work while you make your cuts
- ADJUSTABLE BEVEL: You can adjust the foot of this cordless circular saw up to 50 degrees to cut at a variety of angles for different applications
- EXTRA SIDE HANDLE gives you improved control. Its location on the left side of the tool gives you greater visibility over your cuts while you work
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: The circular saw works with Ryobi’s 18 Volt batteries. These battery models include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108 (Batteries not included)
- Users can pick left-handed or right-handed versions to suit use with their dominant hands.
- Since the Ryobi One P505 is cordless, it allows users better maneuverability while cutting.
- This circular saw is relatively quiet providing users with a silky-smooth operation while pushing the unit above the project surface.
- The saw doesn’t come with a free battery.
2. RYOBI ONE+ HP 18V Brushless Cordless Circular Saw PBLCS300B
- Brushless motor delivers up to 40% faster cutting
- Over 325 cuts per charge using an 18V ONE+ 6Ah battery
- 0-56 degree bevel capacity for cut versatility
- Adjustable depth guard for cutting up to 2-7/16 in. depth of cut at 0 degree and 1-3/4 in. at 45 degree
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Works great
- Great value
- It lasts a long time and is quite powerful
- Difficult to us and see the guide if you're right-handed
3. Best Value: Ryobi P508 18V One+ Brushless 7 1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Full Size Blade: The Ryobi 18V One+ Brushless Circular Saw features a full-size 7-1/4 inch blade for maximum cut capacity and blade variety
- Cut Complex Angles: The 0-56 degree bevel cut capacity allows the user to cut the most common and complex angles
- LED Light: It also features LED light that illuminates cut line
- Spindle Lock: Features spindle lock for quick and easy blade changes
- Increased Capacity: The brushless motor provides longer runtime and longer tool life as it offers 34 percent more cuts per charge and 26 percent increased cut capacity
- Blade on the left
- A little slow on the RPMs
4. Ryobi P507 One+ 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Circular Saw
- ONBOARD GUIDING BASE allows you to maintain precise control over your cuts with both hands on the tool
- CUT A VARIETY OF ANGLES with the easy-to-use bevel adjustment knob on the side of the unit. Adjust your angle up to 56 degrees
- TOUGH ABS PLASTIC keeps the tool lightweight and sturdy so you can rip through wood with greater control
- RUBBER OVERMOLD on the grip allows you to maintain a comfortable and firm grip, even in slippery conditions
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Like other tools in Ryobi’s One+ family, the P507 is compatible with Ryobi’s 18V batteries, either lithium ion or NiCad. These batteries include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- clear sightlines
- Paltry battery life
- Below-average cutting power
5. Ryobi P506 One+ Lithium Ion Cordless Circular Saw
- EASY GRIP: Rubber overmold makes it easy for you to grip and control this tool, even in slippery conditions
- LASER GUIDE: The tool generates a red line on the work surface in front of the saw upon the tool’s activation, letting you see where you’re working
- ADJUSTMENT: Easy-access knobs let you adjust your depth up to 1 9/16 inches and your beveling angle from 0 to 50 degrees
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is compatible with many Ryobi battery, including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- INCLUDED BLADE AND BLADE WRENCH: A 5 1/2 inch blade, tipped with carbide to reduce corrosion and wear, is included. The wrench used to remove the blade is included in a slot on the tool
- Cheap price.
- Fast charging that lasts longer than anticipated. For maximum results, use the circular saw in small intervals.
- 4,700 RPM blade ensures precise speedy cuts. Top it off with the laser guided beam, you are looking at accurate results that leave the guess work out of the equation.
- Quick blade release mechanism allows for easy replacement.
- Overall good ergonomics alongside rubberized handle grip.
- Saw dust blows away automatically in the opposite direction from the user’s position.
- Not an ideal circular saw for professionals. As a matter of fact, pro woodworkers may not even look at the Ryobi P506 One+ Lithium Ion 18V 5 ½ 4,700 RPM circular saw at Home Depot aisles for that matter.
- Weak shoe takes a hit on long term durability factor.
- Reduced battery life due to high RPM blade output.
6. Ryobi R18CS-0 ONE+ 18 V Cordless Circular Saw
- Ideal for making long straight cuts, trimming sheet wood to size, cutting kitchen work tops, flooring or to make quick and accurate cross cuts in timber
- Impressive cut capacities 52mm at 90°, 36mm at 45° allows you to complete applications usually reserved for corded tools
- Tool less depth and bevel adjustments make it quick at easy to set up the saw
- Rotatable dust port helps keep the cut line clear and allows you to work in a dust free environment by connecting to a vacuum
- Premium Thin Kerf 165mm blade with 24 carbide tipped teeth provides superb performance and cut quality
- A tool-less depth and bevel adjustment for easy setup
- Excellent cutting depth for its size
- Superb overall performance
- Advanced brushless motor technology
- Compact design
- Not supplied with battery or charger
- Fairly small cutting depth compared to relatively larger competitors
Despite RYOBI’s inferior performance compared to other leading brands, we find that they offer incredible value. Professionals value equipment such as the Ryobi 18V brushless impact driver. It provides sufficient power for most tasks and costs only $99.
To meet the needs of professionals and extreme DIYers, Milwaukee drills come with additional features, faster speeds, and longer runtimes; however, these extras come at a higher price. What are these? Ryobi is the best option if you’re on a tight budget and need a drill for small jobs around the house.
With speeds of up to 4600 RPM, users can complete any task with swift, precise cutting. This saw has a 5-1/2-inch 18 TPI carbide-tipped blade with a 3/8-inch diameter.
Ryobi is regarded as one of the best DIY construction brands on the market. Ryobi offers both brushed and brushless power tools, as well as interchangeable 18 Volt One+ batteries, making it an excellent choice for home improvement projects.
DeWalt offers superior warranties across the board compared to Ryobi. Ryobi does not manufacture as many products as DeWalt, including work gear, clothing, and hand tools. DeWalt produces significantly less outdoor equipment than Ryobi.
Ryobi offers an extensive selection of brushless tools, which appear to be superior options due to their excellent performance. Ryobi brushless tools typically have increased durability as the brushless technology improves torque output.
Whether forward or reverse, you can rest assured that the Ryobi brushless power tools will provide 100% constant power and operate quietly, thereby extending their lifespan.
Customers are generally pleased with the performance of Ryobi’s various tools, as evidenced by the brand’s numerous positive reviews. However, some individuals know little to nothing about the Ryobi tool manufacturer.
Although there are a few rumors about who manufactures Ryobi tools, you may be interested to learn that Techtronic Industries is the manufacturer (TTi). This Hong Kong-based company licenses these manufactured tools to Ryobi and provides them to some other private labels.
- All Post
- Power Drills
- Power Saws
- Power Grinders
- Power Sanders
- Power Impact Wrenches
- Power Nailers
- Power Staplers
- Power Concrete Mixers
- Power Concrete Vibrators
- Air Compressors
We tested Ryobi cordless circular saws to find the best tool for your needs. The Ryobi circular saw is a must-have…