The best laser printers produce professional-quality prints at home, with superior print quality and lower printing costs per page than most inkjet printers. Whether you need a monochrome laser printer or an all-in-one color laser printer with the ability to scan, copy, and fax, we have the right laser printer for you.
Our laser printer evaluations consider printing quality, speed, usability, and operating costs. We are here to help you choose the best laser printer for your needs and budget, whether you need one for your home or small office or want an affordable model.
Consult our inkjet vs. laser printer guide for a comprehensive comparison with other printers to determine which technology is best for you. Check out our picks for the best printers to see all of our top home and office all-in-ones.
Our Top Picks
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=list]
What is a laser printer?
A laser printer is a standard computer printer that employs non-impact photocopier technology, in which no keys strike the paper.
When a document is sent to the printer, an electrically charged laser beam “draws” the paper on a selenium-coated drum. The drum is then rolled in toner, a type of dry powder ink that adheres to the drum’s charged image—transferring the toner onto paper and fusing it with heat and pressure.
In the mid-1980s, laser printers became popular as standalone devices for personal computers. Typically, it replaced a dot matrix printer with an impact or a non-impact inkjet printer. Most laser printers are connected directly to a single computer, but many are now linked to local area networks (LAN) that support workgroups or entire departments.
In certain circumstances, a laser printer is utilized as a multifunction peripheral with printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing capabilities. These machines are referred to as multifunction printers (MFP). Typically, MFP or MFC denotes multifunction centers in their model numbers.
How a laser printer works
Laser printers can be utilized in both home and small office settings. Ethernet connections are typically used for office connectivity. The printer is connected to computing devices via cable or Wi-Fi in a home office or small business. Wi-Fi is also used to connect mobile printing devices to printers.
Laser printers can print in both black and white and color, although color laser printers are more expensive. Laser printers are typically used for printing, whereas newer all-in-one printers can serve as printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines. Many have user-friendly touchscreen displays.
The following steps describe the operation of a laser printer:
- A photo, graphic, or text image is sent to the printer, which begins the process of transferring that image to paper using a combination of static electric charges, both positive and negative.
- The rotating drum is positively charged.
- The electronic components of the system convert the image into a laser beam.
- The laser beam reflects off a mirror onto the drum, burning a negative charge in the image’s shape to create the image on the drum.
- The drum then absorbs the positively charged toner from the cartridge. The toner adheres to the negatively charged drum image.
- The paper that enters the printer is negatively charged.
- As the paper passes the drum, the negative charge of the paper attracts toner from the positively charged drum; the toner rests on the paper.
- A fuser removes the paper’s charge and permanently bonds the toner to the paper.
- The printer discharges the printed paper.
- The drum’s electrical charge is discharged, and excess toner is collected.
How we evaluate the best laser printer
Ease of use
We took notes on everything from unboxing the printer to setting up Wi-Fi so that it would be simple to use.
Lots of test prints
We printed instructions for 1099 tax forms, star charts for lens sharpness testing, and an official report with each printer.
We printed four copies of a four-page document, timing the process from when we pressed the print button until the last sheet emerged from the feeder.
Stressed paper trays
We slightly overfilled printers with paper to determine if they would jam and fed them individual sheets to determine if they could pick up each one.
10 Best Laser Printers You Can Buy In 2022
If you frequently print multi-page forms or lengthy articles, a laser printer can be a fast and efficient way to handle a large number of pages. These printers, unlike inkjet printers, use a laser beam to create text and images. Toner adheres to areas of the drum unit where the laser traces content, then is transferred to a sheet of paper. The paper is then passed through fuser rollers, which fuse the toner to the paper permanently. In most instances, the outcome is a higher page yield and a quicker print time. Although laser printers are generally more expensive initially, they are more cost-effective in the long run because their cartridges need to be replaced less frequently.
After testing over 135 printers, the following are our top recommendations for laser printers. Check out our offers for the best laser printers as below
1. Best Overall: Color imageCLASS MF741Cdw Duplex Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”1″]
Canon’s imageCLASS MF743Cdw is the best laser printer we’ve tested. It is a durable laser multifunction device designed for office use. It has numerous connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet, so that everyone in the office can access the printer without difficulty. It has a scanner with an automatic document feeder (ADF) that produces high-quality scans and can process two-sided sheets in a single pass. It also features optical character recognition, which allows you to convert scanned documents into text files for efficient keyword searches.
Its printing speed takes longer than most laser printers to warm up, but it can produce 29 black or color pages per minute once it begins printing. The toner cartridges have many prints, approximately 3000 black and 2000 colors, so you will not need to replace them frequently. Although the cartridges are expensive, this is because they include the drum, saving you the trouble of returning it separately.
- Your purchase includes One Canon Color ImageClass MF741Cdw | Cartridge 005 CMY Starter – 1,200 | Yield/Black Standard – 2,300 | Power Cord, Starter Guide, User Software DVD-ROM & Warranty Card
- Printer dimensions – 18.8” W x 18.8” D x 18.4” H | Printer Weight – 64 lbs. | Installation Space (Desktop) – 21.4” W x 43.8” D x 29” H | Ports – 3 USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct Connection
- Supported Media Types (Cassettes & Stack Bypass) – Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Coated, Label, Letter | Supported Media Sizes – Min 3” x 5” to Max 8.5” x 14” | Supported Media Weights – 16 lbs. Bond to 53 lbs. Bond
- Print and Copy up to 28 ppm (Letter) & 22.9 ppm (Legal)
- A unique, customized device experience with Application Library | 5-Inches intuitive color touchscreen with smartphone like usability
- High-yielding cartridges.
- Outstanding build and design quality.
- Outstanding connectivity options.
- Automatic document feeder with single-pass duplex scanning.
- Display screen limits the placement of the printer.
- Slow black-only printing speed.
2. Runner-Up: Brother MFCL2750DW Wireless Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”2″]
The Brother MFC-L2750DW is a monochrome laser printer that provides nearly all of the features desired in an all-in-one device. With a monthly duty cycle of 15,000 pages, some of the fastest print speeds we’ve seen, and printing costs as low as 2.7 cents per page, this unit is ideal for small offices.
The printer also has convenient features such as scanning and copying, faxing, and a second paper tray. Due to two-sided scanning that captures the front and back of a page simultaneously and an automatic duplexer for two-sided printing, two-sided copies are produced in record time. The printer had two-sided documents even faster than some competitors’ single-sided printing. The MFC-L2750DW is a convenient office printer featuring simple connectivity and mobile printing.
The Brother MFC-L2750DW offers the best print quality, speed, and value we’ve seen in a laser printer and is, therefore, our Editors’ Choice.
- Perfect all-in-one – The MFC-L2750DW developed for the busy home or small office, Brother’s latest compact laser all-in-one printer features advanced printing at 36 pages per minute(1) as well as faxing, copying, and scanning capabilities
- Engineered for productivity – This replacement for the MFCL2740DW helps save time with single-pass duplex (2-sided) copying and scanning via an up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder along with multi-page copying, scanning, and faxing functions
- Printing on the go: Send print jobs wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet(2). The “Touch to Connect” printing with NFC gives added convenience(3)
- Cloud based print & scan – Print from and scan to popular Cloud services directly from the 2.7″ color touchscreen, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, OneNote, and more(4)
- Wireless printing & exceptional support – easily connect via wireless connections from your laptop, smartphone, desktop, and tablets. We provide free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer. Copy resolution: 600 x 600 Max. Dpi. Power source-ac 120V 50/60Hz
- Very fast printing and copying
- Very fast black-and-white scanning to PDF
- Fast document feeder
- Low cost per page
- Average color-scanning speed
3. Turbo-charged laser printer for heavy print loads: Xerox VersaLink B600/DN Monochrome Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”3″]
With a print speed of 55 pages per minute and the ability to store an entire ream of paper, the Xerox VersaLink B600DN deserves its reputation as one of the best laser printers available. It has a 55ppm duplex print speed, a 700-sheet paper capacity, and high-capacity toner cartridges.
The initial price for a monochrome print-only device may appear high, but this premium machine is highly cost-effective, and its reliable print quality justifies the price. The intuitive five-inch touchscreen interface reduces your operating time even further.
However, the printer’s size, weight, and noise level make it more suitable for busy small and medium-sized businesses than home offices. The printer also includes security features. Secure Print stores your documents in the printer’s memory and only releases them when the correct PIN is entered.
- Intuitive User Experience, An entirely new – and yet entirely familiar way to interact that includes a tablet-like experience with gesture-based touchscreen controls and easy customization
- Mobile and Cloud Ready, Instant connectivity to cloud and mobile devices right from the user interface, with access to pre-loaded, cloud-hosted services that let you work where, when and how you want
- Benchmark Security, Full multi-level protection for both documents and data, ready to guard against and emerging threats and meet or exceed regulatory compliance
- Total Peace of Mind, Outstanding Xerox Service and Support, with a standard one-year warranty
- Record breaking speed
- High paper capacity
- Wi-Fi is extra
4. Compact laser printer: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”4″]
Despite its small size, this grey box can produce a great deal of paper and store a considerable amount of writing. Therefore, the Brother HL-L5100DN is ideal for small offices with a high demand for black-and-white documents. The quality is consistent, and the cost per page is reasonable. It lacks Wi-Fi and a front USB port, but what it does, it does exceptionally well.
The printer has print speeds of 40ppm and 10ppm for duplex printing. The HL-L5100DN can accommodate 300 A4 sheets in its two input trays and 150 sheets in its output tray. There is an Ethernet port, so you could use an Ethernet cable to connect to the office router (not included). Using the Brother iPrint&Scan app, you can connect your smartphone to the printer.
- FAST PRINT AND SCAN. The Brother MFCL3770CDW lets you get things done with up to 25ppm print speed and scans up to 20imp black and 22ipm color.
- ENJOY EASY AND AFFORDABLE COLOR PRINTING. Affordably print professional-quality, rich, vivid color documents with laser printer quality.
- VERSATILE PAPER HANDLING. Includes a 250-sheet adjustable paper tray and up to 30-sheet multi-purpose tray. Single-pass duplex copy and scan via the up to 50-sheet auto document feeder.
- PRINT AND CONNECT YOUR WAY. Print-from and scan-to popular cloud apps – Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, OneNote2 and more from the 3. 7” color touchscreen. Mobile device printing1 and built-in wireless, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct and USB interfaces.
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE TONER. TN223BK, TN223C, TN223M, TN223Y, TN227BK, TN227C, TN227M, TN227Y.
- Brother is the #1 Retail Brand in laser printer unit sales in the U.S.**Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, SF and MF Laser Printers, Based on units, Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2021 combined.
- High print speed
- Compact unit
- No inbuilt Wi-Fi
- Tiny display
5. Best Seller: Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer HL-L2350DW
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”5″]
The Brother HL-L2350DW ($119.99), comparable in price, features, and paper capacity to the Editors’ Choice Canon ImageClass LBP151dw, is an entry-level monochrome laser printer. Similarly to another top pick, the Dell Smart Printer S2830dn, the HL-L2350DW prints quickly and well overall for a low price.
The Dell Smart Printer has a slightly higher purchase price than the Brother HL-L2350DW, but it has significantly lower operating costs, making it a better value in the long run. The Brother HL-L2350DW should perform admirably for your home office, small office, or workgroup if your monthly print volume does not exceed a few hundred pages. It should also be a practical monochrome laser printer for personal use.
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Dynamic features accommodate your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter or legal sized paper.
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. to help you create professional looking documents.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
- Connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless or connect locally to a single computer via its USB interface.
- Decent print quality overall.
- Fast for an entry-level device.
- Good price.
- Competitive running costs.
- Small footprint.
- Lacks Ethernet port.
- No support for external drives.
6. HP LaserJet Pro M404dw Wireless
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”6″]
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dw is a monochrome laser printer designed for moderate-to-heavy output in a small office or workgroup. Similar to its M404dn sibling, reviewed here in August, the M404dw prints quickly. The Canon imageClass LBP226dw and Epson’s inkjet-based “laser alternative” WorkForce Pro WF-M5299 are two recent Editors’ Choice award winners that compete with these two LaserJet Pro models. The M404dw’s operating expenses are somewhat high, and its monochrome images are slightly below par, but it is a capable laser that merits consideration.
The paper capacity is 350 sheets, with one 250-sheet tray and one 100-sheet overflow tray. If 350 sheets from two sources are insufficient, a 550-sheet drawer can be purchased for $139.99 to increase capacity to 900 sheets from three sources. The printed pages are placed atop the chassis. The maximum monthly duty cycle of this LaserJet is an astounding 80,000 pages, with a suggested monthly volume of 4,000 prints.
The default capacity, duty cycle, and suggested monthly volume of the Canon LBP226dw are identical to the HP. The paper capacity of the Lexmark B2236dw is 251 sheets, divided between a 250-sheet drawer and a single-sheet override tray. It’s maximum and suggested monthly volumes are 30,000 and 2,500 pages, respectively. The Epson WF-M5299 has a 330-sheet capacity that can be expanded to 830 sheets; its maximum and suggested page volumes are 45,000 and 2,500, respectively.
The HP LaserJet Pro M404dw is a monochrome laser printer with a single function that quickly produces high-quality text and graphics. Only the expensive toner prevents it from receiving top marks.
- A4 Black and White Laser Printer, Perfect for Business
- Print only
- Print speeds up to 38/40 ppm (A4/Ltr).
- USB, 1 host USB at rear side, Wifi
- Two sided printing
- Speedy, good-looking output
- Robust connectivity and smartphone integration through HP Smart App
- Auto-duplex support
- High volume ratings
- Small footprint, but expandable paper-input capacity
- Toner is pricey
- Slightly subpar grayscale photo output
7. Best color laser for home and office: HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”7″]
Even if you desire a powerful, feature-rich color printer at home, it need not be cumbersome. The HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw features an intuitive color touchscreen measuring 2.7 inches for operation. Compared to larger, more enterprise-ready printers, the LaserJet Pro M255dw weighs only 33 pounds and can be easily tucked away in the corner of your home office.
It prints 22 pages per minute, which is slower than some larger printers and lacks multifunction features such as scanning and copying. With support for both Mac and Windows and a bypass slot for printing irregularly shaped materials, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw is incredibly flexible.
- Impress with color and increase efficiency: This business printer offers extraordinary wireless printing, fast print speeds––up to 22 ppm, automatic two-sided printing, and an intuitive 2.7″ color touchscreen
- Print remotely with the HP Smart app: Set up your LaserJet printer, manage print jobs, receive notifications, and print and scan on the go with HP Smart––HP’s best-in-class mobile print app
- Save time with customizable shortcuts: Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and organize documents 50% faster directly from your mobile device using exclusive office features in the HP Smart app
- Strong security: Help protect your HP printer and sensitive business data with built-in security essentials that help detect and stop attacks
- Wireless connectivity you can count on: Have confidence in your connection with steady performance from dual band Wi-Fi
- JetIntelligence value: Count on Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence to enable professional-quality pages, peak printing performance every time, and protection against counterfeits with innovative anti-fraud technology
- Wide range of paper support: This color LaserJet printer works with letter, legal, executive, Oficio, 4×6 in, 5×8 in, A4, A5, A5-R, A6, B5, B6, 16K, Postcard, Double Postcard, Envelopes (No. 10,B5, C5, DL, Monarch)
- Compact modern design
- Speedy printing
- Economical black-and-white prints
- No MFP functionality
- First page may take a long time to come out
8. Best Budget: Canon imageCLASS MF424dw Monochrome Printer with Scanner Copier
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”8″]
This Canon printer is our pick for the fastest laser printer due to its emphasis on speed. It takes only six seconds to print the first page, which is as close to instantaneous as possible. Its warm-up time from idle mode is negligible at 4 seconds, and it turns on in less than 14 seconds. You can print and copy at speeds of up to 40 pages per minute. A 50-page single-pass auto document feeder that quickly processes double-sided bond paper up to 28 lb. expedites the scanning process. Investing in a printer that satisfies your needs, whether you need a top-tier photo printer or the best printer for artists, is more critical than its efficiency.
This unit can already handle large volumes with its standard 250-sheet paper cassette and 100-sheet stack bypass tray. However, you have the option of adding 550-sheet paper cassette to increase its paper capacity to 900 sheets. Impressive is Canon’s 5″ built-in color touch panel, whose interface resembles that of a smartphone. This enables users to initiate jobs and send documents faster than on models with non-touch screens or smaller displays. Compared to other printers, the best printer for students features a large 4.3-inch color LCD touch screen that functions more intuitively like a modern device.
- Print up to 40 ppm
- Print up to 8 1/2 x 14 inches
- 900 Sheet maximum paper capacity
- Three year warranty standard
- Save 10% on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment. Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low. No subscription fees. Cancel anytime.
- Application library improves workflow
- First print in six seconds or less
- High capacity toner yields 9,200 pages
- Some plastic parts feel cheap
9. BEST FOR HOME OFFICE: HP LaserJet Pro M148FDW Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”9″]
Your home or small office does not require an inkjet printer when the HP LaserJet Pro M148FDW is available at a comparable price with print speeds of up to 30 pages per minute. You can print up to 1,000 pages before replacing a cartridge, and when you do, choose the high-yield toner that yields up to 2,800 pages per cartridge.
This model’s 250-sheet input tray capacity and 150-sheet output bin capacity are impressive, considering its 16 x 15.9″ footprint. Voice-activated compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana compensates for the small LCD screen and dated-looking keypad. If you’re a Mac user seeking Mac-compatible printers, it’s always a good idea to conduct compatibility research beforehand. The well-designed and integrated HP Smart App makes printing and controlling the printer’s other features, such as scanning, copying, and faxing, a breeze. This is comparable to the best heat transfer printer that can copy, scan, print, and fax.
- Uncompromising quality – Print, scan, copy and fax consistently high-quality documents with the HP LaserJet Pro M148fdw all-in-one laser printer, HP’s best-value printer for automatic 2-sided printing
- Speed through tasks – Stay productive with an auto document feeder, 250-sheet input tray and print speeds of up to 30 pages a minute from this laser printer scanner
- Stay connected when it matters most – Print from Dropbox and Google Drive with the highly rated HP Smart app for easy printing from your mobile device, or HP Voice-activated printing makes it easy to connect your virtual assistant to your HP printer
- Easily print with or without wires – Print from anywhere in the office, and access and share resources on a network with this multifunction laser printer’s built-in Ethernet or wireless functionality
- Print with or without a network – Use built-in Wi-Fi Direct to connect your smartphone directly to your wireless laser printer for easy mobile printing, even without a local network connection
- Save time and energy – Swiftly print two-sided documents and save paper with automatic two-sided printing, and save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off technology that helps ensure your laser printer scanner is only on when you need it
- Sharp text and crisp graphics – Print 1,000 professional-quality pages right out of the box with sharp, black text and rich, dimensional grayscales using this wireless laser printer with HP Original 94A/94X toner
- One-year limited hardware warranty – Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support. Easily set up your printer by downloading the HP Smart App on your mobile device
- Low price point for its class
- Advanced voice-control compatibility
- Auto-duplex printing, scanning, and copying
- Only monochrome printing
- Keypad looks dated
10. BEST VERSATILITY: Lexmark MC2535ADWE Laser Printer
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”10″]
This Lexmark will change the minds of those who believe that laser printers can only handle standard paper due to its flexible paper handling capabilities. Standard paper inputs include a 250-page standard input tray and a single-sheet manual feed that can accommodate vinyl labels, card stock, cover paper, index bristol, and other specialty media.
When it comes to paper capacity, this printer provides users with an exceptional degree of flexibility. The paper inputs can be increased to five for a staggering 1,450-sheet capacity. This machine can handle this volume, with a recommended monthly page volume of up to 8,500 pages and optional high-yield cartridges that produce up to 8,000 sheets. It is one of the best color laser printers on the list due to its ability to print in high-quality color. And for quality prints, purchasing the best printer paper currently available on the market is essential.
- High quality color laser printer with print speed of 35 ppm
- Durable multifunctional device with copy, Print, scan and fax capability
- Easy to use, Connect and Print from your mobile devices
- Lexmark full-spectrum security architecture helps keep your information safe – in the document, on the device and over the network.
- Recommended monthly page volume: 1500 – 8500 pages
- Form factor: All-in-One
- Paper size: 8.5 x 14
- Dedicated specialty media feed
- Expandable up to five input trays
- Fast Quad-Core, 1.2 GHz processor speed
- Color touchscreen interface feels dated
Best Laser Printers Buyer’s Guide
Students and those just establishing a home office can purchase a mass printing device with a minimal initial investment. A laser printer is a must-have for a busy office. It offers the highest print quality for text, the quickest speeds, and the cheapest per-page printing costs.
If you’re in the market for a new laser printer or laser-based multifunction device, here are ten things to consider before making a purchase, ranging from the features you should prioritize to the total cost of ownership.
Print, Scan, and Copy Capability
Not all laser printers are capable of scanning and copying. Some home laser printers are single-function devices. At the outset, you will need to determine which laser printer features you desire.
If you only need a device for printing, you can save a great deal of money by purchasing a single-function printer, especially if you’re buying a home laser printer. Typically, these have a lower initial cost, cost per page, and ongoing operational costs.
You should investigate all-in-one and multifunction laser printers if you require copying and scanning. These units are significantly larger and have a higher initial cost, but they are capable of much more.
On the job, having your own multifunction LaserJet printer will expedite printing, scanning, etc.
Furthermore, laser printers with multiple capabilities are ideal for small businesses.
In many of our laser printer reviews, you will find that laser printers are designed for speed and volume. This is true even of suitable budget laser printers. Before looking at machines, you will need to determine your monthly usage and print volume.
Some laser printers are designed for heavy use in busy offices, while others are better suited for use by a small number of people.
Examine the printer’s recommended monthly duty volume and maximum monthly duty volume to determine its capabilities. In short, before purchasing a new laser printer for your home office, you should consider your needs.
You’ll also want to determine the page yield of its toner cartridges to estimate how frequently you need to replace them.
Numerous companies offer high-yield compatible toner cartridges at a lower cost.
Consider the unit’s paper input tray capacity as well. If your workload is substantial, you will need trays with a larger capacity or the option to add additional trays.
In addition, a wireless connection may be worthwhile if you desire a portable printer.
Color or Monochrome
While most modern inkjet printers produce in color, laser printers do not. Numerous laser printers are monochrome, so you must decide if you need a color or a monochrome printer. Monochrome printers can be quicker, have lower operating costs, and utilize fewer supplies. They continue to produce high-quality black-and-white prints. Also, take note of the multifunction devices you examine. Numerous multifunction laser printers can only print in black and white but can scan in color. Another factor to consider is the cost of replacement ink. The replacement cost of a black toner cartridge is less than that of a color toner cartridge. However, if you must work in color, consider reading our reviews of color laser printers first.
If you want to be able to print documents on A3-sized paper as well, you will need to search for a specific printer model. If the printer has a multi-purpose tray, envelopes and heavier paper can be printed. You will need to check the printer’s specifications to determine the maximum paper weight (in gsm) and the maximum number of envelopes that can be loaded.
Always having enough paper in the printer is essential for a busy office. No one wants to be the one to fill the trays, so the best that can be hoped for is that the trays do not need to be refilled frequently. Consider a printer with a capacity proportional to the number of users who will be printing (many office printers come with a standard tray of 250 sheets). Additionally, search for a printer that can be expanded with a second or third tray to accommodate growing needs.
Additionally, look for other paper handling characteristics that may cause you concern. This may include automatically printing on both sides of the page (via a built-in duplex unit) and scanning or copying multiple-page documents via an automatic document feeder (ADF).
USB is standard on all printers, but Ethernet is the most critical connectivity for an office environment. This will allow you to connect the printer to your network router and share it with other office employees. All network computers that require access to the printer must have their driver installed.
If you would instead set up the printer on your wireless network, search for wireless connectivity (typically up to 802.11n specification). Additionally, look for Wi-Fi Direct capability if you want mobile devices to communicate directly with the printer and print via an app. This is compatible with the NFC capabilities of some printers, allowing a direct connection to be established by placing the device on the printer.
Ensure that the printer is compatible with all devices that require access in your office, including Apple, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
Printing from Cloud services is currently supported by a variety of printers. Examine the services backed by a printer, which could make it easier to print from Google Docs, Dropbox, OneDrive, and other online services without a computer or mobile device. Brother is one manufacturer that includes these services on all color laser printers.
Ease of use
You’re likely accustomed to the touchscreen on your smartphone, tablet, and possibly laptop. So why not opt for a printer with a touchscreen? A touchscreen can make navigating a printer’s menu system easier, particularly if it has built-in access to applications that require the user to enter their login information.
Ease of use can also include the speed with which the paper tray can be accessed and loaded and the toner cartridge replacement process.
Processor and memory
Although comparing processors between laser printers is challenging, the quoted speed in megahertz can provide a good indication of the power available to process jobs and run the printer’s internal functions.
Moreover, the memory capacity (and a printer with upgradable memory) is essential if you intend to print from graphics and design applications, mainly when using PCL or PostScript printing languages, which require space to store print data as converted.
Monochrome Laser printers: Excellent for text and documents. Excellent for text and documents, and can print color images of average quality (i.e., family photos for personal use). Photo Inkjet printers are ideal for printing photographs with a broad color gamut and rich tonal range.
Inkjet printers are faster (printing more pages per minute), but laser printers typically produce higher-quality output (with some exceptions) and are better suited for high-volume printing. In addition to having much sharper lines, laser printers are ideal for printing text, logos, and simple business graphics.
Instead of pigment- or dye-based ink, laser printers use toner powder. Electrostatically charged dots on a light-sensitive drum attract toner powder in laser printers. They were transferring the toner to the paper and fixing it with heat. Laser printers produce sharp black-and-white as well as vibrant color prints.
Inkjet printers can handle a wider variety of paper and printing materials than laser printers. Heat-sensitive materials cannot be passed through them. Home laser printers can handle simple graphics, but photographing smooth surfaces is difficult. If you want to print photos, choose an inkjet printer.
About five years
A typical desktop inkjet or laser printer used in a home office has a useful life of approximately five years, give or take.
Colour Laser Printers: Excellent for text and documents and can print color images of average quality (i.e., family photos for personal use). Photo inkjet printers are ideal for printing photos with a wide color gamut and tonal range. Optimal for a photo gallery printing.
Today’s default resolution of most laser printers is 600 x 600 dots per inch, which is adequate for everyday text printing. A higher resolution, such as 1200 x 1200 dpi or 2400 x 600 dpi, is preferable for sharper output when printing photographs or documents containing text, photos, and charts.
Laser printers utilize toner, which does not dry out like ink cartridges. In contrast to ink, a liquid, toner is a plastic-based dry powder that cannot dry out. You can leave an unopened toner cartridge in your printer for weeks, and it should continue functioning.
Laser printers are more dependable and can print at much higher volumes than inkjet printers, resulting in a better print economy at these higher print volumes.
HP toner cartridges can be stored in their sealed packaging for up to two years. Even after two years, the cartridge may still be usable, so it may be worthwhile to attempt to use it. Your printer will display a “low cartridge” alert when a particular cartridge requires replacement.
This concludes our segment on the best laser printers available on Amazon. It utilizes innovative non-impact printing technology; laser printers are typically quiet. In addition, these printers are economical and considerably faster than inkjet printers. When purchasing a laser printer, you must consider several factors, such as its multifunctionality, connectivity options, printing volume, etc. This guide will hopefully help you find what you’re looking for. Check out our other enumerations to obtain the best smartphones, laptops, speakers, and more.
- All Post
- Computer Components
Modern all-in-one printers offer more than just a simple way to print documents. A multifunction inkjet printer or a laser…
There has never been a better time to enter the world of 3D printing or upgrade for those already involved.…
Home printers are versatile printing factories that can copy slides and spreadsheets and print family photographs at night. And the…