I’m searching for the most effective headphones for guitar practice. Whether you desire the fullness of an over-ear design or need to silence the environment for low-key playing, guitar amp headphones are a fantastic luxury.
Call centers are communication hubs, whether they are used for sales or customer service, so call centre agents must make a positive first impression. However, without the proper hardware, customers may experience poor sound quality and dropped phone calls. This reduces a business’s profit margin.
The headset that works for one person may not work for another, but all call center headsets must meet specific criteria. Therefore, RingCentral has compiled this list of the top ten call center headsets. Plus, each one is compatible with our RingCentral Phone system.
Our Top Picks
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=list]
Why are headsets for call centers so important?
Call center headsets to allow you to communicate with customers while working, making them ideal for multitasking. Most high-quality headphones feature noise-canceling technology to reduce ambient noise. This enables call center agents to focus on customers, which increases productivity. After all, making a sale or resolving an issue is difficult if you can’t hear the customer!
The right headset for a call center can also keep customers satisfied. It enables agents to quickly address inquiries and complaints, ensuring that customers are not kept waiting. And happy customers are essential to your financial success.
Considerations before purchasing call center headsets
Before buying call center headsets, it is essential to consider the following:
Since call center agents wear their headsets for extended periods, they must be comfortable. Choose a lightweight headset with a cushioned headband and plush ear cushions. Additionally, some headsets offer multiple wearing styles and an adjustable fit.
In a call center, noise-canceling headphones are essential, but to date, only 33.8% of call centers have eliminated all background noise from their phone calls. Therefore, a headset with a noise-canceling microphone is required. Thus, call center agents can concentrate on customers while customers can hear agents.
The two primary headset styles are single ear (monaural) and dual ear (binaural) (binaural). A monaural headset allows agents to communicate without removing their headsets, whereas a binaural headset offers superior noise reduction and sound quality. You are responsible for determining which will work best in your call center.
You also require a durable headset. After all, call center agents will use headsets for numerous hours. Plastic headsets are less expensive than their steel counterparts but do not last as long. Therefore, to maximize efficiency and maintain employee satisfaction, purchase durable headsets.
Call center headsets feature an assortment of technologies. Various adapters, such as USB and quick disconnect (QD), are available. There are both corded and cordless varieties of headsets that are compatible with VoIP technology, such as softphones.
Currently, 40.1% of call centers have purchased cordless headsets. These allow workers to move away from their desks, increasing their flexibility. Wireless headsets must be recharged, so you must invest in one with long battery life.
10 Best High-Quality Call Centre Headsets 2022
Now, let’s examine the top ten headsets for call centers. These headsets are ideal for call centers and compatible with the RingCentral phone system.
1. Best Overall Call Center Headset: Plantronics - Voyager Focus UC with Charge Stand
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”1″]
Plantronics’ Voyager Focus UC is a stereo headset with active noise-cancellation technology. The memory foam ear cushions are soft and comfortable, so your agents can wear them all day.
In addition, while most headsets include only one microphone, this headset has three, including noise reduction and a mute button. The microphones can also effectively cancel ambient noise in loud and noisy environments and capture voices for clear calls.
The Voyager Focus UC wireless headset has an outstanding roaming range of up to 250 feet (no cables) for employees who like to move around while on the phone. For enhanced productivity, the monoaural configuration of the headset frees agents’ hands so they can send emails, resolve issues in real-time, or respond to urgent inquiries while on the phone.
Due to its 64-bit encryption and DECTTM Security Certification, this is one of the most secure options on our list if security and privacy are of the utmost importance.
- Connects To: For a professional needing to connect to a PC/Mac using USB-A and/or mobile phone. Compatible with Microsoft Teams and other leading collaboration platforms.
- Ideal For: Professionals working in a distracting environment at home or in the office.
- Audio Performance: Active Noise Canceling (ANC) allows you to focus on your caller and not your background noise. Three noise canceling microphones allow the far end callers to hear you and not your environment.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 12 hours of talk time (10 ANC on) and listening time: Up to 15 hours (12 ANC on). Roam up to 30ft or 98 meters.
- Global Warranty & Wearing Style: 2 years global warranty; Plush ear cushions make you want to wear the headset all day long.
- Very comfortable.
- Long battery life.
- Excellent voice quality.
- Balanced sound signature for music.
- Bluetooth only.
- No wired option.
2. Best Headset for Conference Calls: Sennheiser Consumer Audio SC 660 USB ML
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”2″]
Sennheiser’s SC 660 headset is a wired telephone headset. This is one of the solutions that can be utilized in both call centers and offices. The headset has stereo sound and dual earpieces for customer calls requiring the utmost clarity and concentration.
The product utilizes a USB connector, making it compatible with various devices that may be used to receive calls. And this provides your agents with enhanced communication, superior sound quality, and increased productivity, which makes it very convenient for them.
The headset is excellent because it is suitable for all-day use. It was designed specifically for users with hearing aids so that it would last for hours. Its noise-canceling functionality helps improve agents’ concentration by blocking out distracting background noises.
- Designed with Skype in Mind: For professionals using Skype for Business, who require a consistently excellent hands-free communication solution
- HD Sound: Powered by a neodynium speaker for legendary Sennheiser HD sound to ensure a clearer and more natural voice & audio experience
- Easy Disconnect: Simple, quick release mechanism made to withstand the repetitive plugging and unplugging of shift changes
- Noise-Cancelling Technology: Filters out all unwanted background noise for crystal-clear conversations on calls
- State-of-the-Art Materials: Stainless steel hinges, brushed aluminum parts, & Vectran reinforced cables defend your headset against everyday use
- In-Line Call Control Unit: Answer or end your calls, control the volume, mute your mic and redial calls – all directly from your headset
- Peace of Mind: With a 2-year warranty on all headsets (including batteries), you never have to worry about the quality of your USB Business headset
- All-Day Comfort: Large leatherette ear-pads and unibody headband construction are built for maximum strength at stress points to ensure a comfortable experience
- ActiveGard Technology: Ensures protection against acoustic injury caused by sudden sound bursts on the line
- Easy Transporation: With foldable ear cups and the accompanying carrying case, bring your business headset wherever work takes you
- Compatible devices: Tablet
- Offers HD sound quality.
- Easy-to-use with in-line controls.
- With comfortable earpads and headband.
- With a noise-canceling microphone.
- Adjustable and versatile headset.
- Wired headset so you can’t go far from your computer or laptop.
- Needs a driver to install.
3. Best Wireless Call Center Headset: Jabra Evolve 65 UC Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”3″]
The Jabra Evolve 65 UC wireless headset is an excellent option for call center agents who prefer to move around while answering customer calls. This wireless model allows you to stand and walk up to 100 feet away from the paired device.
We were pleased to discover that the popular headset pairs well with Android, iOS/Mac, and Windows devices when we first attempted it.
Secondly, automatic noise cancellation reduces unwanted background sounds for listening and speaking effectively. We hoped, however, that the unmuting would be quicker.
- Hands-free wireless connection with 100 foot range from PC/Tablet/smartphone and 14 hours of talk time. The stand by time is up to 15 days
- Passive noise cancellation to eliminate background noise and provide amazing sound on both ends of the call. Paired devices: Up to 8 trusted devices, 2 active stand-by Bluetooth connections
- Integrated busy light automatically turns on during a call to let others know you are busy; AC power supply: USB power supply by PC with USB connection, battery power with Bluetooth connection
- Dual Bluetooth connectivity to connect to both PC and smartphone at the same time; Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP v1.2, Hands Free Profile v1.6, Headset Profile v1.2, AGHFP v1.6
- Compatible with all leading UC platforms – Certified for Avaya, Cisco and Skype for business for a plug-and-play experience; Max. Charging time: 120 minutes
- Excellent mic clarity
- Powerful bass depth and clear treble for music
- Comfortable design
- Compatible with Microsoft Teams app, with dedicated onboard controls
- Can be annoying to properly dock headset for charging
- Audio playback between simultaneously paired computers and phones can get complicated
4. Best USB Skype Headset: Jabra Evolve 40 Professional Wired Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”4″]
The Jabra Evolve 40 Professional is designed for professional use and is compatible with multiple communication platforms, including Skype, which is the most popular option for call centers.
First, the headphones have a 3.5 mm jack and are easily compatible with Windows and Mac devices, making them one of the most reliable headsets.
Second, passive noise cancellation is effective, but the microphone picks up your breathing when you speak. Moving it slightly lower (towards the chin) could solve the issue.
In conclusion, the Jabra Evolve 40 Professional Wired Headset provides the best USB connection for Skype and is an economical option for call center agents who work from home. The call quality is outstanding. Honestly, this headset is superior to our expectations. It is suitable for prolonged use. The microphone is flexible and can be magnetically attached to the headband. People on the other end of VOIP and broadcasts frequently comment on the excellent sound quality.
- 3.5mm Jack/USB Connection
- Telephone Headset for Greater Productivity, Superior Sound for Calls and Music
- Professional Headset
- Be More Productive
- Flexible Connectivity
- All-day Comfort
- Delivers passive noise cancelation
- Provides reliable USB connectivity
- Lightweight and durable
- Long cord for free movement
- Comfortable during extended use
- The mic picks up breathing
5. Jabra 2400 II USB DUO CC Wired Call Center Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”5″]
The Jabra Biz is an excellent headset because it features intuitive controls, HD voice clarity, and a microphone boom that rotates 360 degrees. This model of the company’s most popular headset is undoubtedly one of the best stereo headsets for your call center. The Biz 2400 II by Jabra features a USB connection, a noise-canceling microphone, and agent-friendly call controls.
With its HD voice technology and easy-to-use controls, the Biz 2400 is ideal for customer service. The microphone also reduces background noise, and HD Voice technology guarantees that agents will hear customers’ voices. Air Shock microphone filters and PeakStopTM technology enhance sound quality by reducing pops and crackles while protecting users’ hearing.
This product’s intuitive call controls include an answer and end call button and two programmable buttons. The Jabra Biz 2400 has everything a call center agent could want in a headset.
- World class sound, with breath-resistant microphone, ultra-noise cancellation that eliminates background noise, and HD voice and HiFi sound deliver superior sounding calls and music
- Best-in-class, durable build, with reinforced cord and larger ear cushions for passive noise protection
- Programmable buttons enable applications such as Push-to-Talk
- 40% lighter than competitors, soft pouch leatherette ear cushions, headphone padding and 360-degree flexible spin boom arm for ultimate comfort
- Optimized for use with all leading UC platforms
- Good audio performance
- Light and very comfortable to wear
- Thin, flexible cord
- Noise-reducing microphone
- Not commonly found in local stores
- Combination of USB + Bluetooth capability is a little odd
- The user interface for BT pairing is a little obtuse
6. Logitech USB Headset Mono H650e
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”6″]
Want a tool validated by certified video conferencing software such as Zoom, Cisco Jabber, or Skype for Business?
The Logitech H650e is an excellent headset for call centers that provides an abundance of features at an affordable price. Suppose you are purchasing headsets for a large team that interacts with customers. In that case, the Logitech wireless headset is an excellent choice because it offers a high-quality option at a low price.
The Logitech H650e is ideal for noisy call centers with high call volume. The microphone also has noise-canceling and echo-canceling capabilities, allowing your call center agents’ voices to be heard clearly and crisply by customers. However, active noise cancellation is not included.
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- Made in Taiwan
- Laser-tuned drivers with minimum distortion for cyrstal clear conversations
- Noise-canceling unidirectional microphone reduces background noise
- Padded headband and ear cups with built-in equalizer
- Optimized for Microsoft Lync 2010 so your can capitalize on teleconferencing and unified communications
- This business product ships in brown box with no retail packaging
- Crisp, clear audio.
- Handy placement of volume controls and mute button.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Plug and play USB install.
- Inline call feature only works with two enterprise unified communication platforms.
7. Jabra PRO 9450 Mono Midi-Boom Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”7″]
The Pro 9450 headset system from Jabra will provide greater flexibility and convenience than other headsets by offering convenient connection modes for PCs, desk phones, or both.
The headsets’ wideband sound and incredible noise-canceling technology guarantee fidelity for both wearers and callers. The HD Voice technology guarantees crystal clear voices and high-definition sound for always understandable communication.
In addition, the headsets permit a seamless transition between taking a vital customer call and listening to music. Its wireless range is approximately 450 feet, giving your call center agents ample roaming ability when they must leave their desks to investigate a caller’s request.
- Noise Canceling Microphone reduces unwanted background noise and the noise canceling microphones reduce unwanted background noise and are ideal in crowded and noisy, open office environments
- 150 metres Wireless Freedom; Get wireless mobility up to 150 meters to fully control your Jabra hands free solution with DECT technology; Answer calls, multitask and move freely around on your terms
- HD Voice High quality audio for crystal clear conversations Enjoy high definition sound with HD Voice and get crystal clear, intelligible communication
- Remote Asset Management; Configure and implement the company’s audio devices 100 percent remotely from one central point; You get the latest features and functionalities on one go with Jabra Xpress, a web based solution
- UC Plug And Play; Jabra devices feature intuitive call control and seamless connection to all leading UC applications and softphones
- Works well in our office & using six simultaneously
- Excellent sound, great range, horrible headset mute design
- Range is awesome
- The mute button on the base is nice.
- Very distinct tones when muting and unmuting
- Over-the-head style headset is very comfortable to wear for extended periods
- Easy setup
- Jabra uses a touch sensitive area on the side of the headset for volume and mute
- Even if the touch mute worked properly every time
- Plugging the headset back on the charging cradle is a little finicky and needs to be done with precision
- Over-the-ear headset is all but useless.
8. Plantronics CS540 Wireless DECT Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”8″]
Maintain the efficiency of your team with a hands-free wireless solution. This black Plantronics headset with a contemporary and sleek design is of superior quality. It is a stylish alternative to cumbersome devices. The product includes both ear loops and a headband. This will allow your employees to personalize it according to their preferences, making it one of the best options for customization.
In terms of sound, this headset has a microphone with an extended boom that helps to eliminate ambient noise. When making a purchase, you should verify that this functionality is included because it is not a standard feature.
CS540 is also equipped with DECT 6.0 technology, allowing users to communicate from up to 350 feet away while maintaining crystal-clear sound. This is a fun option if your call center has been divided into smaller teams, as it can connect to four headsets to one base.
- Connects To: Desk phones via included cable
- Ideal For: Office and desk-centric workers using desk phones
- Audio Performance: Keep background noise out of your call with a noise-canceling microphone
- Talk Time and Roaming Range: Work Better, Hands Free, with a roaming range of up to 120 m/400 ft; Talk all day with up to 7 hours of talk time per charge
- Simplistic design for an easy setup and seamless user experience
- Works with 98% of corded office phones
- Includes a headband and choice of three ear hooks for you to switch between
- DECT technology ensures your conversations are private and gives you 350 feet of range
- Not as durable compared to other models due to slim design
9. Best Noise-Canceling Headset for Call Centers: Plantronics - Savi 8220 Office Wireless DECT Headset
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”9″]
The Plantronics Savi 8220 Office Wireless Headsets have the most effective active noise cancellation, allowing for crystal-clear conversations with customers. As the device is wireless, you can move freely without fear of losing connectivity.
First, if you prefer to use multiple devices at work (mobile, tablet, and PC), this call center headset is ideal for you because it is compatible with most of them.
Secondly, despite some user complaints, we discovered that the battery life is satisfactory. The issue may lie with the individual component.
In conclusion, the Plantronics – Savi 8220 Office-Wireless DECT Dual-Ear (Stereo) Headset is a comfortable model that delivers promising results if your budget allows it. It is simple to use and paired with a computer and mobile device. In addition, it provides an impressive wireless range. You may use either the right or left microphone. Excellent microphone isolation technology. We conducted tests with people speaking within a few feet of a caller wearing this headset, and no background noise was picked up. Active noise canceling is decent; it eliminates ambient noises but not all noises, such as conversations.
- Connects To: PC and Mac via included USB-A cable, desk phones via included cable and smartphones via Bluetooth. Certified for use with Microsoft Teams and compatible with other leading collaboration and voice platforms.
- Ideal For: Professionals using a variety of desk phone, smartphone, and PC communication.
- Audio Performance: Keep background noise out of your call with a noise-canceling microphone and close conversation limiting. Stay focused with active noise cancellation (ANC) and stereo audio.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Work Better, Hands Free, with a roaming range of up to 180 m/590 ft. Talk all day with up to 13 hours of talk time per charge.
- Global Warranty & Wearing Style: 2 years; stereo over-the-head headset.
- Provides talk time of up to 13 hours
- Works with multiple devices
- Premium-quality build
- Comes with active noise cancelation
- Can provide wireless connectivity up to 590 feet
- We experienced minor issues with Bluetooth connectivity at times
10. Best Headset for Microsoft Teams: Logitech Zone Wireless Certified
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item groups=”10″]
If your call center employs Microsoft Teams for collaboration and communication, Logitech Zone may be the best wireless headset for you. The wireless model is ideal for team meetings because the mic arm can be moved up and down to mute and unmute the microphone.
First, the wireless headset features dynamic noise cancellation and is appropriate for both the office and the home office.
The 14-hour battery life is comparable to the average talk time offered by other headsets on our list. In conclusion, the Logitech Zone Wireless Certified for Microsoft Teams Bluetooth Headset features on-ear controls that are simple to operate. This call center headset features Bluetooth wireless connectivity and is compatible with various devices. You cannot even fathom how simple it is to mute the microphone. Raising the microphone will result in an audible “mic off” notification. Reduce it until you hear “mic on.” In addition, the most convenient way to charge this headset is by placing it on a wireless charger; we used the Qi charger. The headset was worn throughout the day, so comfort was not an issue. This headset is also included on our list of the best headphones for remote work.
- Support Work From Anywhere With Sync
- Open workspaces are great for collaboration
- Great for Music and Talking
- On ear controls to adjust volume, start/end calls, and invoke Teams
- Certified for Microsoft Teams
- Designed to be comfortable for use all day, every day
- Connect to your computer and smartphone simultaneously and seamlessly switch between connected devices at will
- Provides wireless range up to 100 feet
- Works with various communication platforms
- Delivers up to 14 hours battery backup
- Comprises intuitive call controls
- Comfortable and durable
- Comes with active noise cancelation feature
- We did not experience any issues with this headset
Which Call Center Headsets Should You Select?
A headset is the primary communication between agents and employees in a call center. It is essential to choose a comfortable, compatible model with a pleasant sound.
The best headset for call centers will also block out background noise and distractions in your office or call center. Therefore, it will increase the productivity of your employees while reducing the distracting noise and crowding of the office.
We recognize that purchasing the highest-quality headset for your call center or office work can be difficult and time-consuming. This is due to the market’s abundance of models. If you want to make an informed and sound decision for your employees, you should carefully consider the needs of your agents and the type of call center headset that suits them best.
Additionally, you should consider your budget. The headsets on our list are the most cost-effective, particularly from a professional standpoint. However, we have included premium options if you wish to deliver an award-winning customer experience.
The best way to determine which headset is optimal for your employees is to have them try each one. We hope our list of the top 10 headsets for call centers and purchasing criteria will help you make an informed decision.
Sennheiser. Known for its world-class products, Sennheiser is probably the most sought-after headphone brand in the world. Founded in 1945, Sennheiser offers a number of headphones across a wide range of audio products.
Bose is a well-known brand, popular for its excellent noise cancelling and incredibly comfortable designs. They produce well-rounded and versatile headphones that also deliver in the sound department.
Good build quality will often mean more comfortable materials, fewer annoyances, and design features that make the headphones easier to use. It may seem a little ostentatious, but expensive headphones justify their price in many ways
You can use just about any Bluetooth headphone with a microphone you might want to use. You can also use wired headphones with a microphone.
Referring back to the original question of this blog, do noise cancelling headsets work in an office, the answer is an absolute YES. Clearly, there are variations as to each model’s effectiveness, but in a general sense, a noise cancelling headset is an effective tool for removing unwanted office noise.
Headsets for gaming have many benefits that make them ideal for use in call centers. They are comfortable to wear for long periods of time, have great sound quality, and can be used with a variety of different gaming consoles.
We determined that the Sony WH-1000XM4 is the best overall noise-canceling headphones by comparing price, compatibility, battery life, isolation technology, noise reduction, and more.
Noise cancelling headphones can block out the sounds around the user. This is helpful when you’re in a busy place and you want some peace and quiet. There are many of these headphones in the market, but popular picks include the AirPods Pro and Sony WH-1000XM4.
Noise-cancelling headsets for call centers are specially designed to deliver clear, intelligible audio. Some of them, like the Jabra Evolve 80, have a feature called active noise cancellation, which actively counters low-frequency background noise.
The peripherals certification program ensures USB peripherals (such as headsets, speakerphones, webcams, and monitors) offer rich audio or video quality. Certified devices work (plug & play) with no extra configuration required, and offer call control with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
Gaming headsets are bigger, heavier, and bolder in design compared to office headsets. Sound-wise, gaming headsets are more concerned with providing bass-heavy audio over the speakers, whereas office headsets prioritize better mics for capturing your voice more clearly.
Our evaluation is based on the knowledge of our headphone specialists. We hope our reviews were helpful to you. If we were to choose the best headset for call centers based on our experience, we would recommend the Plantronics Voyager Focus UC B825 Headset as the model that provides the most desirable features for call center headsets. It is comfortable, durable, and has excellent sound. The call and microphone quality is excellent overall.
Accordingly, it is your responsibility to determine which call center headsets meet your needs. Please inform us of the headset you’ve decided to purchase.