Making smoothies is about personal preference and finding the best blender for smoothies is no exception. Some smoothie drinkers prefer to make them in small batches, while others prefer to make them in large batches.
While some smoothies are made entirely of fresh fruit, others include challenging greens such as kale or frozen items, which necessitate a powerful motor and razor-sharp blades. Whatever method you use, the best smoothie blenders will turn any combination of ingredients into a super-smooth, uniform beverage (or smoothie bowl). Here are our top smoothie blender picks.
Why Do You Need a Personal Blender?
You can blend up to twenty smoothies per charge. A portable blender can be a practical and helpful kitchen appliance. You can prepare healthy smoothies and smoothie bowls for you and your family, slushes, frappes, bulletproof coffees, soups, salad dressings, cocktails, and even muffins.
1. Best suited for a busy, active lifestyle.
In today’s rapidly changing world, a hectic lifestyle is typical. Keeping up with your nutrition can be challenging, especially if you’re constantly on the move, commuting, or running errands. Being able to prepare nutritious smoothies, snacks easily, and meal replacements on the go is a boon for your nutrition.
A personal blender will be an excellent fitness accessory if you enjoy working out at the gym, outdoors, or even in your own home. Your pre- or post-workout shake will be ready in less than 40 seconds, creamy and perfectly blended.
2. Save storage space
You can use a personal blender at home and on the go; it’s super easy and fun. You’ll have everything you need for a meal or snack at the touch of a button, and your kitchen will be neat and organized. In addition, you will impress your guests with tasty cocktails, mocktails, and frappés.
3. Convenient to use everywhere you go
Personal blenders are less likely to collect dust than other kitchen appliances because they can be taken everywhere: to the office, the gym, the park, on hikes and trips, etc.
Unlike large blenders, portable blenders are easy to operate and clean, making them more convenient.
4. Affordable option for small households
Manufacturers of portable blenders have developed products that successfully replace the functions of conventional kitchen blenders. Traditional kitchen blenders are best suited for intensive use, such as in a restaurant kitchen or a large family.
Compared to larger models, personal blenders are more affordable, which is a significant factor in their popularity.
5. Take better care of your health
When you ask yourself, “Why do I need a portable blender?” you might reply, “To improve my health.” This is undoubtedly one of the primary reasons individuals purchase a portable blender for themselves or as a present.
A portable blender is an excellent way to encourage yourself, your family, or your friends to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Many struggles to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet in our fast-paced, modern society.
With a portable blender, consuming more fruits and vegetables daily is easier. It is a fact that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help reduce the risk of numerous diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and various types of cancers, as well as boost your immune system.
12 Best Personal Blenders For Smoothies
To determine which personal blenders can transform your favorite fruits and leafy greens into something magical, we evaluated 12 of the market’s leading products. We evaluated their mixing and blending capabilities, as well as their design, speed, noise level, and ease of cleaning.
1. Best Overall: Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender
The Ninja Nutri-Blender Pro is roughly the same size as the Ninja Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ, requiring a bit of counter space but fitting easily into a kitchen cabinet. Additionally, you can remove the jar to make it shorter.
This blender has a solid construction. Like other personal blenders, such as the Nutribullet Pro 1000 and the Ninja Foodi Power Nutri DUO, the motor base is primarily composed of plastic that lacks a premium feel. The transmission gear is also made of plastic, which may be less durable than metal components over time.
On the plus side, there is a small vent on the bottom of the motor base to prevent overheating. The motor base also has two small suction cups on its underside to help keep it in place on your countertop, but they are not particularly effective.
Four clickable buttons on the motor base and a timer display illuminate when the blender is operating. The jars appear made of high-quality plastic, and the lids and blade assemblies screw on without difficulty.
The Ninja Nutri-Blender Pro has six blades, including two small upward-pointing blades in the center. The blades have a similar design to those of the Ninja Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ and are dishwasher safe. The blade assembly of the Ninja Nutri-Blender Pro screws onto the jars like a lid. In addition, two to-go lids with drinking spouts and flip-up covers are included.
The Ninja Nutri-Blender Pro is adequate for multiple applications. It takes less than a minute to make an incredible smoothie, and the crushed ice is bar-quality. The two 24-ounce jars include convenient to-go lids, and the blender can be cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher. Unfortunately, you cannot use it to blend hot ingredients, despite being adequate for making almond butter.
- 1100 Peak Watt Motor Base
- (2) 24 oz. Single Serve Cups
- (2) Spout Lids
- Pro Extractor Blades Assembly
- Inspiration Guide with 20 Recipes
- Instruction Booklet
- Very easy to clean.
- Makes bar quality crushed ice.
- Excellent smoothies.
- Only one speed setting.
2. Runner-Up: NutriBullet Pro - High-Speed Blender
The NutriBullet Pro, with its 900-watt motor, is the ideal replacement for a high-powered blender in small kitchens. It makes sauces, soups, and smoothies as smooth as desired, and even thick ingredients can be thoroughly blended without having to be opened and stirred again. After years of heavy use, this blender retains its effectiveness magnificently.
This blender comes with two 32-ounce BPA-free blender cups, allowing you to work with larger batches than most personal blenders (though they’re still great for individual smoothies and small-batch dips).
2 Also included are two cup rings, two-handled lip rings, two convenient to-go lids, and a recipe book. The cups of the blender are secured to the base for hands-free blending. The motor is not designed to run for more than 60 seconds at a time, but this is sufficient for even the most demanding blending tasks.
The blender’s cups, blades, lids, and rings are simple to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. The NutriBullet Pro is one of the more expensive options, costing between $80 and $110; its durability, power, and versatility justify the cost.
- Pulverizes the toughest fruits, vegetables, seeds, and superfoods for nutritious protein shakes, nut butters and green smoothies
- High-torque power base with powerful 900-watt motor. Reduces stress
- Power, patented stainless steel blade design with cyclonic action
- Includes power base, 2 colossal cups, 1 emulsifying blade, 2 flip-top lids, 2 handled lip rings, 2 comfort lip rings, pocket nutritionist, hardcover recipe book and user manual
- Includes 1-year warranty and access to hundreds of smoothie recipes
- Stellar blending power
- Large blender cup for bigger batches
- Stands up to years of heavy use
- More expensive than the Magic Bullet line
- Cups lack measurement lines
3. Oster BLSTPB-WPK My Blend 250-Watt Blender
The Oster My Blend personal blender makes single-serving smoothies, and protein shakes unrivaled. Everything, including fruit, ice, and vegetables, can be blended directly in the sports bottle, eliminating the need for additional cleanup. Despite having a lower wattage, the machine received a perfect rating for grinding whole coffee beans and an excellent rating for making a thick frozen margarita. Just don’t expect the 250-watt device to be able to handle more challenging foods, such as hearty greens.
Fill the jar, twist it to blend, and replace the blade with the portable lid. You can even toss the completed product into your bag, as the cup’s tight-fitting lid has a strong seal that prevents leakage even when the cup is inverted.
- Blend your favorite smoothie or shake right in the sport bottle
- Dishwasher safe 20-ounce BPA free plastic sport bottle
- Crush ice with 400 watts of power, 250 blending wattsith 1 touch blending
- Built in, resettable fuse will revive the motor in 15 minutes should it overheat
- Recipes Included in the Instruction Manual
- Product Dimensions: 15.25x 5 X 5 Inches
- Cord Length: 16 inches
- Highly portable
- Perfect for smoothies
- Doesn't tackle leafy greens well
4. Best Value: Hamilton Beach Shakes and Smoothies Personal Blender
The Personal Creations Blender from Hamilton Beach is a small, compact model. You can easily store it on your kitchen counter or in a cabinet without much difficulty. Even the jar can be removed for more accessible storage.
Despite being the least expensive option on the list, this personal blender holds its own. In tests, the 175-watt motor produced a super-smooth and creamy milkshake, but it was less effective with firmer ingredients, such as coffee beans or ice cubes. Markings on the cup are beneficial for quick and easy preparation, as no measuring cups or spoons are required.
Not only is the 14-ounce cup easy to transport thanks to a tapered design that fits well in cup holders, but the entire blender is lightweight (2.25 pounds) and compact, making it easy to transport to work or on a trip (3.94 x 3.94 x 11.9 inches). The cord wraps tightly around the base for storage convenience.
The jar’s lid is sealed by friction. In addition to a drinking spout, the lid features a sliding drinking spout. The power cord is shorter than others we’ve tested, but it should still reach nearby outlets due to the blender’s compact size. There is no compartment for concealing the cord when it is not in use.
The Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender is a 14-ounce personal blender ideal for preparing single servings of your favorite foods. However, this blender has subpar construction and does not appear to be very durable. It cannot hot blend nor crush ice or produce almond butter. It also struggles to completely digest fibrous ingredients such as kale, commonly used in smoothies. In addition to being dishwasher-safe, the jar and lid are also simple to clean by hand.
- Makes great smoothies and icy drinks
- Ice-crushing power for smooth results
- Easy to clean – jar and lid go in the dishwasher
- Compact size makes it the perfect blender for home, office, or while traveling
- BPA free in food zones
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- Helpful measurement markings on the cup
- Fits in most cup holders
- Sub-par build quality.
- Struggles to fully process fibrous ingredients.
5. Most Versatile: Magic Bullet Blender
This versatile appliance does more than blend smoothies; it also chops, mixes, whips, and grinds. Since the 11-piece set includes an impressive array of extras, including three blender cups (one with a convenient handle) and multiple lids, you can use all the functions without washing or transferring any chopped food to other storage containers.
One of the three blender cups holds 12 ounces and comes with a storage lid, making it ideal for bringing a small batch of hummus or ranch dip to work. This blender, as its name implies, is relatively small and compact. It is simple to store in a cabinet, and the jar can be detached to simplify storage.
The construction quality is quite average. The body is made of generic plastic that lacks a durable and premium feel. Additionally, the transmission gear is made of plastic, and the jars are not particularly thick. The blade assembly screws easily onto the jars, which is an advantage.
This blender has a four-blade assembly that is quite sharp but cannot be cleaned in a dishwasher. Soap and water will be required to clean the blades. This blender comes with a variety of lids. When mixing, the blade is screwed onto the jar, but when you’re finished, you can screw on a to-go lid or even a lip ring for drinking.
The power cord is somewhat shorter than other blenders, but the blender’s diminutive size should make it easy to reach nearby outlets.
The Magic Bullet Mini is a tiny and compact blender with subpar performance. It is better suited for making smoothies and protein shakes, but ice cannot be crushed. Additionally, its construction has a cheap feel, and its overall performance is disappointing. Its tiny jars only allow for a single serving. Most of its parts are dishwasher-safe, but the blades must be washed by hand.
While the Bullet itself does not require much counter space, testers lamented the need for additional storage for all the accessories. Only the cups of the blender are dishwasher safe.
- Included: (1) 250W motor base, (1) cross-blade, (1) tall cup, (1) short cup, (1) party mug, (2) lip rings, (2) Stay-Fresh resealable lids, (1) to-go lid and 10-second recipe guide
- The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds and more. Cups are made from high-impact plastic
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals and snacks like smoothies, omelets, sauces and dips. 250 watts high-torque power base
- Included recipe book gets you started making quick, easy, and delicious dishes from appetizers to desserts. Add 1/2 cup water for smooth blend for vegetables
- Makes good smoothies.
- Fairly easy to clean.
- Wide variety of functions
- Includes 3 blender cups with multiple lids
- Sticky and unprocessed nut butter.
- Includes more pieces to store
6. Best Personal Blender For Families: Cuisinart CPB-300 350 Watt BPA-Free Blender
Despite being slightly larger than other personal blenders, this device is still sufficiently compact to be included in the category. It performed exceptionally well in tests for grinding coffee beans and blending fruit smoothies.
If you frequently make smoothies or serve more than one or two people, the Cuisinart is an excellent choice: It comes with a 32-ounce jar with measurement markings on the side to prepare more significant portions.
You’ll also receive four 16-ounce portable cups with tight-fitting lids, allowing each person to grab one and go or create their customized smoothie without cleaning anything but the blade.
While having a variety of cups is advantageous, keep in mind that this requires additional storage space. In addition, the larger dimensions (10.12 x 15.75 x 10) need more space on your counter or in your cabinet.
- Sleek electronic touchpad with LED indicator lights
- Powerful 350-watt motor
- High, Low and Pulse controls
- Standby mode; safety interlock and auto stop features
- BS housing with stainless steel front pane
- BPA-free Tritan 32-oz. blender jar, 8-oz. chopping cup, and set of four 16-oz. travel cups
- Patented ultra-sharp stainless steel blades
- Two interchangeable blade assemblies: blending blade and chopping blade
- Recipe Book
- Dishwasher safe
- Limited 3-year warranty
- The material is dishwasher-safe that offers convenient cleaning and maintenance
- Features ultra-sharp blade that easily helps in chopping fruits and vegetables
- Equipped with electronic touchpad that makes it easy to operate
- May cause leakage
7. Best Personal Blender For Smoothie Bowls: Ninja SS101 Foodi Smoothie
If you prefer having both smoothie and smoothie bowl options, the Foodie Smoothie Bowl Maker & Nutrient Extractor is an excellent choice. This personal blender’s jar has an integrated tamper and requires less liquid to blend ingredients to a smooth, extremely thick consistency — ideal for a smoothie bowl. In our tests, this model effortlessly processed green and berry smoothies with minimal leftover seeds and ultra-smooth results.
The Ninja SS101 Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker is one of your kitchen’s best Ninja smoothie blenders due to its many valuable features. The first characteristic is that it includes 14-ounce smoothie bowls.
This is great because you can make enough smoothies for personal consumption at once. The best ninja food blender also consists of a cookbook, allowing it to be used as the best personal food processor. The best Ninja smoothie blender has a 1200-watt motor that makes blending a breeze.
In addition, the best ninja smoothie blender features six convenient coordinating programs. Finally, the best ninja foodi smoothie blender is portable and easy to clean.
This model also adheres firmly to your counter, keeping it in place for its pulse-style automatic smoothie setting. In addition to the 14-ounce smoothie bowl jar, this model includes two 24-ounce blender jars with dishwasher-safe travel lids.
- 1200-Watt unit (2) 24-oz. Ninja Nutrient Extraction*
- 6 Functions for Smoothies
- Smarttorque Technology
- Auto-iq Technology
- Cups with (2) Spout Lid 14-oz. Ninja Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker
- Built-in tamper and Storage Lid
- Instruction Booklet Quick Start Guide Inspiration Guide
- Comes with 14-oz. smoothie bowls
- Comes with a cookbook
- Has a powerful 1200 watt motor
- Has 6 programs for convenience
- Easy to clean
- 24-oz Nutrient Extraction* Cup with a better breakdown of foods
- Auto-IQ Technology
- Not ideal for making hot soups
- Some hard-to-reach areas for cleaning
8. Best Design: Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender
If you’re in the market for a personal blender but lack cabinet space, the Zwilling Enfinigy could be the answer. Its sleek design makes it the ideal countertop appliance, as it occupies very little space and is attractive.
All our testers agree that the Zwilling Enfinigy blender has a superior appearance that belies its reasonable price. The matte-black base is attractive enough to keep on your counter when not used, and the dial enables precise control over the settings (either manual pulse or automatic smoothie). We were also incredibly impressed with the to-go lid. It has an easily accessible drinking spout and a flip-top design that locks to prevent accidental spills.
During testing, the Zwilling personal blender performed exceptionally well when making fruit smoothies and salsas. One tester remarked that this blender was “the only one to achieve the ideal salsa texture without producing a smoothie-like consistency.”
Despite having serrated blades, the blender was not very effective at crushing ice. However, if you do not intend to crush a container of ice for beverage use, you will likely find that this personal blender meets all your other requirements. In addition, you will appreciate the three-year limited warranty.
- Revolutionary personal blender for shakes and smoothies with a fresh, sleek design; Combines modern aesthetics with high-performance features
- This blender for kitchen easily whips up creamy purees, chunky salsas, and healthy smoothies
- Compact cross blade on this single-serve blender makes quick work of hard-to-blend ingredients
- 2 speed settings; 500 watts
- Stainless steel body; BPA-free plastic 20 oz. capacity jar that includes a drinking lid which turns personal blender into a spill-proof to-go container
- It has a very sleek and expensive-looking design with an intuitive dial.
- It offers a durable build
- It's space-saving for convenience
- The 20-ounce titan jar is break-proof
- Affordable price tag
- It struggled to crush ice.
9. Best Mason Jar: Tribest PB-350 Personal Blender
Most personal blenders require special cups or jars, and it can get pricey to replace them if you run out. With the mason jar adapter, you can use the blender with any standard mason jar, making it easy to blend and drink without buying new jars.
While many reviewers praised how simple it was to attach their mason jars, a few cautioned that removing the mason jar adapter from the blade mechanism could be difficult. It comes with a grinding blade, a chopping blade, a commuter lid, and its own set of large and small cups with cup lids. If you’re looking for even bigger cup options, Tribest’s XL set (19 pieces) is what you need.
The blender’s 200-watt motor isn’t as strong as others, but it’s adequate for making smoothies, shakes, and sauces.
- ELECTRIC COUNTERTOP BLENDER: Features powerful 200-watt Motor. Can blend and grind everything from healthy smoothies to baby foods, soups, salad dressings. Make your favorite recipes with ease
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Small and powerful stainless steel blades for effectively grinding ice, grains, seeds, nuts, coffee beans, and even flax seeds
- TIME SAVING AND CONVENIENT: Glass mason jars can be used to blend, serve, and store your favorite blended recipes. Less waste, less mess, and less hassle
- EASY TO OPERATE: Perfect consistency and total control over blending and grinding with one-touch pulse button, and continuous press and twist modes
- Has two grinding blades
- Includes several mason jars and lids
- Easy to use and clean
- Not as powerful as some blenders
10. Best Battery-Powered: Cuisinart EvolutionX Cordless Compact Blender RPB-100
This personal blender is powered by a lithium battery so that it can be used anywhere without an outlet. The battery can be fully recharged in just two hours using the included USB cable, which can be plugged into a computer or vehicle port or the included standard electrical plug. The battery is estimated to provide 20 minutes of runtime when fully charged.
The four-prong blade can also be used to puree single servings of soup or crush ice for drinks and slushies. The blender is activated and deactivated by a single, single-speed power button that illuminates when used. The stainless-steel accent and sleek design are also attractive on countertops.
- Fully rechargeable
- Quick charge- up to 2-hours to fully charge
- 20 Minutes of continuous runtime
- 16 oz. to-go cup with travel lid
- LED Display Controls
- Recharges in two hours
- Sleek design
- Can be charged with computer or in car
- No measurement markings on cup
11. Ninja QB3001SS Fit Compact Personal Blender
The Ninja Fit is a compact personal blender. It is a bit smaller and lighter than the Ninja Nutri Ninja Pro and the Ninja Nutri-Blender Plus, and it doesn’t take up much room on a kitchen counter or in a cabinet.
The Ninja Fit is adequately constructed. The motor base gear is comparable to the Ninja Nutri-Blender Plus, but it is surrounded by a more robust mechanism that helps keep the jars steady. A rubber ring encircles the bottom of the motor base, enhancing its grip on surfaces. The gears on the motor base and blade assembly are made of cheap-feeling plastic, which is unfortunate. Additionally, the jar does not screw or lock onto the base, necessitating manual blending.
The blade assembly consists of six razor-sharp blades. As with other Ninja personal blenders, two blades are angled upwards, two are angled downwards, and the two smaller blades in the center are vertical. The blade assembly is dishwasher safe for the top rack.
As a lid, the blade assembly screws onto the jar. Each jar includes a lid with a spout that can be opened and closed.
The Ninja Fit is a personal blender that includes two 16-ounce jars with to-go lids. It produces excellent smoothies and extremely spreadable almond butter. However, while it does an adequate job of crushing ice, it does not make crushed ice that resembles snow. It has a compact, straightforward design, but blending requires continuous pressure on the jar, which may be inconvenient for some. When working with sticky ingredients, it is also difficult to clean by hand, but cleaning up after making something liquid like a smoothie is very simple. The jars, lids, and blades are also safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Pulse Technology
- Nutrient Extraction
- Dishwasher Safe
- Easy to Store
- Fast and efficient
- Easy to transport and store
- No buttons or automatic programs
- Limited volume
12. FRIGIDAIRE ESMM100 High Power Personal Blender
Most personal blenders have a utilitarian appearance and are ready to be tucked away in a cabinet. Still, this one has a retro design that gives it character, making it suitable for daily use on the countertop. It has a 300-watt motor with two speeds for efficient blending, and an eccentric chrome side lever controls its operation.
It includes a large 20.3-ounce plastic drinking jar, a handle-equipped 16.9-ounce glass mason jar, and two lids. Although a glass mason jar is included, the blender’s threads are incompatible with standard canning jars, so they cannot be used as replacements.
- Compact power: packed in this small blender is a high powered 300 watt/ 23000Rpm motor with two speeds, which will crush and pulverize ice, frozen fruits, and more
- Sleek design: the retro-style, streamlined design of this personal, single serve blender will look great in your kitchen and complement any décor
- Quality: heavy-duty stainless steel blades easily make creamy smoothies and milkshakes
- Controls: chrome lever to start and stop the machine; multi-function dial
- Flexible: comes with one BPA-free jar and one glass Mason Jar, of 20.3 oz (600ml) and 16.9 oz (500ml)
- Retro design
- Quiet motor
- Easy to use and clean
- Doesn't work with standard mason jars
Factors to consider when choosing the best personal blender
There are many factors to consider when shopping for a personal blender; therefore, we have outlined the most important ones to make it easier for you to determine which is best for your needs. According to our testing, the following are the four most important factors to consider before purchasing a personal blender:
The motors of the blenders on this list range from 250 to 1100 watts, which indicates their power, so keep in mind that the higher the number, the more powerful and efficient the blender will be.
You should choose a blender with larger 24-ounce cups if you prefer larger smoothies. Some are as small as 12 ounces, so your recipes may need to be adjusted to fit. If you intend to consume your smoothie on the go, ensure that the blender includes a travel lid with a spout.
Built-in programs and variable speed settings provide greater control over the final product. Still, many personal blenders only have one setting (particularly those you place in and twist to turn on).
Don’t forget to consider the cost of a personal blender before making a purchase. Consider which features and aspects you’d be willing to pay extra or sacrifice to obtain the best personal blender for your needs.
A low-speed blender can handle smoothies that are not as dense with greens and ice. Asbell recommends using a lower-wattage blender if you base your smoothies on liquids, yogurt, and softer fruits. The longer it will take to achieve a smooth blend, the less power you have.
Are a smoothie maker and a blender the same? The primary distinction between a smoothie maker and a blender is that smoothie makers, also known as “personal blenders,” are intended to produce smaller portions, thereby reducing food waste.
Even though they are smaller and less potent than traditional blenders, modern personal blenders have various valuable features. They can produce smoothies, frozen drinks, yogurt, nut butter, crushed or blended ice, and more.
A portable blender can be a practical and helpful kitchen appliance. You can prepare smoothies and smoothie bowls, slushes, frappes, bulletproof coffees, soups, salad dressings, cocktails, and even muffins for yourself and your family.
The BlenderX Cordless Portable Blender, also evaluated by Homes & Gardens, is powerful enough to crush ice and works quickly.
A portable blender will be an excellent fitness accessory if you enjoy working out at the gym, outdoors, or even in your own home. Your pre- or post-workout shake will be ready in less than 40 seconds, creamy and perfectly blended.
The Ninja Nutri-Blender Pro is the best high-powered blender for quickly crushing ice and frozen chunks of your favorite fruits and vegetables. This blender is small enough to fit on your counter for daily use and is easy to clean, making it ideal for those who consume smoothies daily. If you’re looking for a blender with a higher level of professionalism, we recommend the Cuisinart CPB-300.