Best Paint Sprayer for Home Use Review with Buying Guide (Updated 2017)
Do you want to buy Best Paint Sprayer for Home Use? Our guide offers tips to help you make the right decision
With the best paint sprayer for home use, you can save a lot of time, because this device carries the liquid paint or varnish on large areas. Often the paint sprayer works with pressure difference. So the color of the land in tiny droplets on the desired surface, where a consistent result is visible. You can get to use it when doors are repainted or the garden fence to be refreshed. Also for the painting of garden shed or carports are suitable for the paint sprayer. When a brush is working, these actions take a longer time. The pain sprayer, however, allows a clean and fast result. Ink splashes and stains are virtually impossible when the tool applies correctly. Our paint sprayer test shows which model for indoor and outdoor use are particularly in demand, and on what details to look out.
Best Seller Paint Sprayers
New Released Paint Sprayers
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
Best Paint Sprayer for Home Use
|Position||Product Name||Brand Name|
|1||Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer||Wanger|
|2||Fuji 2203G Semi-PRO 2 – Gravity HVLP Spray System||Fuji|
|3||Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer||Graco|
|4||Earlex HV5500 Spray Station||Earlex|
|5||HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer||HomeRight|
|6||HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayers||HomeRight|
|7||Wagner 0529010 Flexio 590 Sprayer||Wagner|
|8||Graco 257025 Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer||Graco|
10 Best Paint Sprayer for Home Use Review
1. Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer review – Best Paint Sprayer for Home Use
- Variable air pressure control
- 3 spray patterns, adjustable flow control
- 20 ft hose
- Professional grade metal cup
- Large 1 1/2 quart plastic cup
Wagner 0518080 is a very profoundly recommended paint spraying product, especially, if you are looking for an item that meets the needs of an assortment of painting jobs. It has three versatile spray patterns, flexible air hose to reach every corner of the work-piece, and two air filters. You can pour the paint without any problem due to its front end opening. Even, it is easy to handle due to its lightweight. The important things of Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayers are its lightness and versatility which make itself popular among such a huge population. An overwhelming majority of people has an enthusiastic way towards this product due to its affordability and versatility.
- Compact lightweight spray gun
- Professional Grade metal cup for fine finish applications
- Variable flow trigger dials in spray pattern
- Powerful Two Stage Turbine sprays
- Variable Air Pressure Control
- 20 Foot High Flex Air Hose increases your reach
- Three spray patterns
- Variable flow control incorporates large spray surface down to detail work
- Suitable for multiple tasks
- Easy to reach
- Range of paints can be used
- Handy and easy to clean and maintain
- The power cord is somewhat small
- Sometimes require some efforts from the user to overcome overspray as paint can be gathered at the bottom of painted outside due to consistent air spray.
2. Fuji 2203g semi-pro 2 – gravity hvlp spray system review – Best DIY Paint Sprayer
- Non-bleed function
- Adjustable pattern fan control
- 1-quart bottom feed cup
- 400 CC gravity paint cup
- 1400 watt 2 stage bypass motor
- 25-foot hose
- Automatic system to its pattern control knob
- Easy to use the handle.
- The hose comes with an air control valve to reduce bouncebacks as well as over spraying.
- Its metal material is prone to corrosion
- Its 2-stage motor may not be proper for other painting projects too.
3. Graco x5 review – Best Airless Paint Sprayer for Home Use
Graco Magnum Model is an Airless Paint Sprayer suitable for a landowner who is looking for a product that satisfies the needs of particular work such as painting walls, doors, roofs, fences, floors, equipment, and fittings. As it is airless, it applies a hose method to push the paint through the nozzle instead of compression. This limits the overspray problem and controls the flow of spray efficiently.
- Adjustable knob
- Piston pump made by stainless steel
- Durable and stable stand which is lightweight
- due to power flush mode, it is easy to use
- Easy to use carrying built-in handle
- Small and lightweight
- It’s maintenance free due to lubrication
- Economical as per features
- Adjustable Pressure control
- Easy Reach
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Perfect for large project
4. Earlex hv5500 spray station review – Best Professional Paint Sprayer
- 42 CFM and 2.2 PSI
- 13-Feet hose and 5.5-Feet power cord
- Pro spray gun.HINTS:Take the time to ensure paint viscosity is correct. Thin paint as necessary using water or relevant thinners.Avoid spraying when windy
- Includes 2.0mm stainless steel tip and needle
Earlex HV05500 is a great product particularly if you are looking for an item that meets the requirements of small to medium size jobs with a professional outlook. It has three handy spray patterns, spray gun with added storage tank, needle set to get the professional finish for thick or thin substance with excellent control. You can pour the paint without any problem due to its front end opening. Even, it is also so comfortable to handle for having slanting structure of the tube.
- Fast adjustment by pressing the button and running it with any of the three outer spray patterns.
- 1 quart Teflon layered container for simple loading and clean-up
- Easily up and downward carrying ability of the tube due to its slanting structure.
- Sturdiness and enhanced control owing to flow controlled dial, stainless steel fortified tip and needle
- The storage system is adjacent to the spray gun, concurrently with 5.5 feet power cable and 13 feet air hosepipe
- Convenient HVLP turbine powered performance
- No need to compile
- Perfect sprayer
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight and portable
Perfect for smaller projects
5. HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer Review – Best best paint sprayer for furniture & Best Selling Paint Sprayer
- Adjustable spray pattern
- Viscosity cup and thinning chart
- Easy to handle and maintain
- No need brush marks as spray coating properly
- Brass spray needle
- Weight 3.2 pound
- Water or oil based paints
- Cheaper in price
- Good speed for painting plenty of small jobs
- Works excellent for light coats
- Easy to clean
- It can hold a lot of paint in the pot
- Not perfect for large projects
- Need thinning of the stain
- Plastic body may not be durable.
6. HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro Review – Best Professional Airless Paint Sprayer
- Weight 23 pound
- Hose Length 25 ft.
- The sprayer can spray 0.24 gallons per minute
- As the motor is 1/2 HP the sprayer is perfect for long time usage
- Pressure control is up to 2800 psi
- Metal made handle
- Sprayer is easy to clean
- Spray paint at a long range
- High speed
- Reasonable cost
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Variable pressure control
- Packaging is not adequate
7. Wagner flexion 590 review – Best Handheld Paint Sprayer
- Weight 2.1 pounds
- Quart cup 1.5 inch
- Type HVLP
- Capability of spraying 8 gallons per hour
- Paint can be controlled with the trigger
- Generate three times more strength compared to other conventional counterpart paint sprayers.
- Light in weight
- Variable speed
- Handle indoor and outdoor jobs well
- Spray an un-thinned paint for home
- Hand-held device
- Limited speed and viscosity handling due to moderate pressure
8. Graco 257025 Project Painter Plus Review – Best Paint Sprayer for the Money
- Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size
- Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- Flexible Suction Tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- Annual use recommendation is up to 50 gallons per year.Extra Storage Compartments-Space to store the spray gun, extra spray tips, and power cord
- PowerFlush Adapter connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleaning
If you need to have paint sprayer that can simply save your time and make you happy with the quality painting, then you can easily own Graco paint sprayer at your workplace. Design, usability, and pricing are in the better condition to make a deal.
- Weight 15 pounds
- Flexible paint supply hose
- Sprays a wide variety of coating
- Motor 3/8 HP
- Maximum hose length 50 ft.
- Huger paint container
- Larger hose along with the sprayer
- Compact form and portability
- Easy to use
- Perfect for small projects
The main criteria to consider when selecting your best paint sprayer
First of all, be clear about what purpose you want to buy the paint sprayer. This depends on the type of construction you should use. It is best to use a paint spraying system or a gun head for the compressor to paint or laser the wood in the garden. This makes it possible to apply thinly colored paints, varnishes, and glazes in a targeted manner. Also, the comfort is given when you are using the best paint spray sprayer. The color can be controlled directly at the handle. In this best paint sprayer test we suggest: If you work at indoors with wall color to redesign, then you should prefer an airless system.
Caution: Be careful when using the air pressure-less system. The high pressure under which the paint is placed increases the risk of injury.
Also, consider the correct size of the liquid tank. Especially if you want to paint larger areas or along the fence, it is unattractive to replenish the tank every few minutes. Some models in our best paint sprayer comparison provide best containers, so you can make a smooth transition if you are working on the project together.
Battery or power
If you have opted for a paint spraying system, there is still the question of whether you prefer a network-powered or battery-powered one. While you may be restricted in your freedom of movement when using a network-operated device, the batteries have the disadvantage that they do not produce uniform droplets when the battery charge drops. This can result in an uneven paint surface.
For a fast-working spray system, it needs a high-powered engine. For home use mostly wealthy devices with an engine power between 600 and 650 watts. By using the powerful driving force, the spray gun reliably applies and makes even on large areas or long distances for a uniform color density. A view of the sputtering power and the maximum operating speed is useful. For example, a paint sprayer can spray up to 3 square meters per minute with a sputtering power of 200 watts.
An exchange of the color or the material should be no great effort to be carried out. This is an important feature that it works in one hand. It is also helpful in the direction of the adjustable color beam and a strapless control of the amount of ink. In testing the paint sprayer, it was found that many devices offered this option. This allows the color accurately metered and on the individual projects to vote.
The paint sprayers should not only be efficient and effective but also by their handy format. On many devices, the mounting facilitates handling and supports the long-term work with the sprayer.
Quality of the nozzle
The paint sprayer is a system where the painting is projected. Now, the nozzle is the organ of the gun which ensures this projection, hence its extreme importance! The quality of the nozzle will depend on the quality of the diffusion of the paint on your walls, and therefore the quality of the final result.
Beware of the sprayers first price very attractive but whose performance may disappoint you. If the devices vary in the price range it means that there are significant differences between products. The cost will depend in particular on the materials used and the resistance to degradation of performance over the long term. However, if you think to buy a paint sprayer for heavy use, why not try the first prize? In such a situation, it could well be suitable, and it would save you from investing a large sum for external use.
What types of paint sprayer are available?
The spraying aids can be divided into four different categories according to their execution.
- Network operated spraying systems
This includes a completed system which can be purchased as a whole and often works with the HVLP method. The delivery usually includes the compressor, an air hose, the color container, the nozzle head and various valves.
- Battery spraying systems
Some manufacturers also offer paint sprayers with battery. This allows you to walk around your garden house without having to pay attention to the power cable.
- Sprayer for compressor
For people who already own a compressor, the purchase of a spraying system is not necessary. It is enough to buy a spray head compatible with your air pressure generator.
A unique form of the compressor sprayer is the airbrush system. This technique is primarily used in the artistic field and usually works only with low pressure. Frequently, a few milliliters of color are sufficient to produce an airbrushed image.
- Airless system
Airless systems are also available for the hobby area. Due to the complicated hydraulics, these color sprayers are usually more expensive than the spraying systems. They are therefore only suitable for users who have large surfaces to cope with and who want to apply viscous paints such as wall paints.
Some small accessories will complement your comfort, your safety, your performance but also limit any paint damage.
The protective mask
- NIOSH Approved Solvent and Particulate Respirator
- Good for 40 hours of light solvent filtering work and 8 hours of concentrated solvent filtering
- Resealable package
If you paint large surfaces and are often in contact with paint, a splash guard proves to be a good investment in saving health. Indeed, the painting contains chemical particles that can be harmful if you are exposed for long periods. It will be necessary to choose a mask that covers well the nose and the mouth. Prefer a lightweight, ergonomic mask that does not mist. The mask should provide adequate protection level of protection A1P2. Prices are very accessible.
- DeWalt tough coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DeWalt XtraClear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
- Adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit
- Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
This is to protect your eyes against splashes but also against fine particles of chemical paint running around in the air. Conventional glasses will not keep you safe as well. Choose a waterproof mask that will fit the shape of your face.
A protective adhesive
- Material : silicone; package included 64pcs 12mm in diameter x 3mm cylindrical height clear furniture protective pads
- Self-adhesive bumpers prevent bumping, scratching, marring, wear, and sliding on a wide variety of surfaces
- Great for kitchen cabinets, bath vanities, electronics, and other home or office accessories
- Simply peel button off adhesive sheet and stick on any object to create a non-scratch, non-slip surface
- Reduces noise when closing doors and drawers, dampens harsh sounds of slamming cabinet doors and drawers by up to 30%
Better turn to an adhesive specifically designed for painting. It will be more resistant and will ensure you do not let a small drag of paint slip underneath. The protections of walls, floors or surrounding furniture are essential! If you do not camouflage objects and areas you do not want to paint, you may find splashes around. A spray gun if it is faster than all other painting tools, made by against more collateral damage than brushes and rollers. But it’s up to you to protect the space around to get only the benefits of the gun!
Combination and protective gloves
- Nitrile Rubber Glove
- Extended Beaded Cuffed Glove
- Embossed Grip
- Extra long cuff
- Snug fit
The full range is specially designed for people sensitive to paint or chemicals. Some people may have hands that heat up or dry out on contact with the paint. You can also receive projections on your legs or arms that will burn the most sensitive skins. If no suitable protective clothing, wear the best clothes that cover your entire body.
How to use a paint sprayer
The process of spray painting is very similar to that of roller painting. It is only the application technique that changes: with the gun, the paint is not laid on the surfaces (as is the case with rollers), but it is projected.
- Your surface to be painted must be smooth and clean to allow an optimal and uniform application of the paint.
- Prepare the surface to be painted: protect furniture, floors, and ceilings that are not covered by the paint.
- Protect yourself! Your face and eyes are very fragile in the face of paint particles that are going to float in your environment. For the most sensitive, be sure to camouflage your entire body. If you are working indoors, also consider ventilating the room so that it can ventilate and evacuate paint vapors.
- Prepare your painting: test it, dilute it if necessary. You can use a paint mixer that helps to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Prepare your gun and choose the nozzle suited to the paint used.
- We advise you to spray on cardboard to carry out a first painting test. From this test, adjust your gun, re-dilute or re-mix your paint, etc.
- Are you ready? So fill your tank with your final paint and spray!
- Hold your gun about thirty centimeters from the surface. The paint should be applied by performing regular movements with your gun. Be aware that a change in vertical strips avoids unsightly runs. Then cross the passages with an “S” movement to homogenize.
- If your surface to be painted is enormous, it is best to work small end by low end, one at a time, and to move gradually until covering the entire surface. Nothing serves to go too fast: you will complicate the task unnecessarily, and you will obtain a less consistent result.
- Is it over? Observe the drying time before any further operation (e.g., lacquer or varnish).
- Clean your gun! This is essential, or it will not last long!
How does a paint sprayer work?
The fundamental principle of a paint sprayer is that of its atomization. The liquid split into small drops by energy supply. The valve installed in the paint sprayer lets the air flow out around the paint, creating a fine mist that applies color particles to the surface. The larger the difference between the pressure of the exiting air and that of the gas, the better the droplets become. However, in this case, also the spray mist (so-called. Overspray ) is stronger.
Transport of liquid
In addition to the pressure supply, there are different approaches to the provision of the liquid (i.e., the paint or varnish) to the nozzle head:
- Gravity feed: Here the container with the liquid is attached to the nozzle so that the hydration takes to paint gun using the Schweickart
- Suction cup: with this principle, the liquid is sucked through a simple vacuum tube from the container, the liquid must not be too viscous thereby.
- Pressure tank: if thicker materials to be atomized, the liquid container can be pressurized to convey the ink or paint to the valve.
Three different types of sprayers are to be distinguished: HVLP, LVLP, and Airless, of which the first two are to be referred to as compressed air sprayers. The following table gives an overview of the details of the individual types of construction.
|Importance||high volume low pressure; Air inlet pressure is reduced, resulting in little spray mist||low volume low pressure; Further development of the HLVP process||Airless; The pressure on the liquid is not developed by gas but hydraulically|
|Characteristics||· Hardly any mist· Slightly oblique spray pattern|
· Optimum paint finish
|· Hardly any mist· Optimum paint finish|
· Very energy efficient
|· Also for thicker colors· Low paint consumption|
· Ideal for large areas
|In most cases, a fine spray system for private users is an HVLP sprayer.|
Traditional Paint sprayer
There is quite a debate about which variation of the color order is the right one. While some of the “conventional” variant swarm with brush and roller, others would never want to paint again since the first use of a paint sprayer. Of course, as with every other subject, there are pros and cons. We will list a few points below.
- Fast and effective ink application,
- Uniform result,
- No drop formation,
- Reduced risk of dribbling,
- No constant bending over to the paint bucket,
- Comfortable handling.
- Careful preparation such as masking is required,
- Protective clothing recommended,
- Only suitable for thin liquid color.
The history of the paint sprayer
The inventor of paint sprayer “Joesph Binks” worked at Marshall Field’s in Chicago, and the role of his job was to paint the walls of the basement in the store. It had many floors which must be whitewashed. If Binks sent his crew down there to do the job with brushes, they would not complete the job for certain weeks.There must be a better way. In 1887, Binks discovered the very first paint sprayer. It was a pump which had to be performed by hand. However, a spray nozzle would separate the color. The pressurization container which stored the contents under pressure. This saved everyone a significant amount of time. In 1893, after his task for the Colombian Exposition, Binks would become a household name during the US Midwest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between traditional paint rollers and rollers?
With the arrival of paint sprayers, a debate arises: are they cheaper than the rollers or paint brushes? The rollers are suitable for painting large surfaces homogeneously, so why use a sprayer to do the same?
- The rapidity
A roller can help you to cover an area quickly enough, but the paint sprayer will do so in a record time. A paint sprayer projects a thick layer of paint on the walls. Just pressing the spray trigger and will produce the same result as several strokes of the roller. A second layer is not always necessary, and you can move faster after the job. Whether you are a professional or a handyman, the speed of execution is a significant asset. Why? If you are a professional, since you save time, you can intervene with more customers. If you are a handyman, your free time is sometimes valuable. So, with a sprayer, a painting job at home will not monopolize your entire weekend, and you will then indulge in doing something else.
- The uniformity of the result
The roller, like the brush, does not always produce a uniform result. In general, the layer of paint is thicker where you put the roller first, and the farther you go, the faster the color fades. It will, therefore, take extra efforts to homogenize the whole. And that, only if you are patient and meticulous. As for the sprayer, it projects a steady flow of paint that uniformly covers the surface to be painted. When the paint is applied with the correct gestures (in vertical strips and in “S” movement), the result is much smoother and harmonious.
- Comfort and ease
Rollers are often criticized because they fatigue your arms. Climb, bend down, immerse the roller in the paint bucket, etc. Aches soon arrive! The gun brings some comfort. Ergonomics is often thought to make your work easier. Rollers to carry your equipment through the room. A long hose to allow wide-range of movements, a shoulder strap so that your gun weighs less in your arms, and so on. A large tank also avoids you to stop in full work to recharge too regularly. Equality on the other hand between the two tools regarding ease of use! Hard to defend the idea that a sprayer is easier to appropriate a roll. Both require technical expertise to acquire and need your practice.
- A multifunction tool
The paint sprayer brings together the advantages of the roller and those of the brush. Indeed, it can cover large surfaces (faster than a roll) but also to paint accurately smaller objects (which the brush is used to, but not roll that is too broad). The jet of paint can interfere everywhere: in corners, small spaces, etc. It is even easier than the brush to paint areas where difficult to access, such as behind radiators for example. It is suitable for large surfaces and finishes. Paint sprayers are all in one!
What paint sprayer is suitable as an entry-level model for newcomers?
For beginners, hand sprayer is a smart decision. They also support new hobbyists or handyman doing, a uniform application of paint manufacture. This happens with most hand sprayers through the airless high-pressure pump technology. Such sprayer is used within a minute about 140 g material. On this basis, it can be a 10 m long fence in a maximum of 20 minutes sprinkle. With such a hand sprayer it is very much faster than when a brush is used for this work.
How is the paint sprayer can be best handled?
The lever for the little spraying should only be activated when the sprayer itself moves. This allows visible color transitions to a wall or other elements to avoid. Even before the move is completed, which should also no longer be operated. Abrupt stops are therefore the operation of the spray gun to prevent.
Is it necessary to apply several layers of paint?
With a sprayer, it makes sense, two layers of color to apply. After drying the first layer which occurs using the second ink layer. The result is a good color image. Depending on the previous color and the condition of the surface but also a single layer can be sufficient.
What are the health risks and precautions to be taken?
Colors and lacquers consist of different materials together. You should avoid the inhalation, even if no harmful materials in the ingredients are listed. Not only the application of metallic paint with rust protection, but it is also useful to wear a respirator. You should be especially careful if the sprayer is running.
What should be done when working outside?
When you work outside, you should note the wind direction. Otherwise, there is the danger that the color in non-spraying in the desired location lands. With no wind and dry weather, the sprayer works quickly and efficiently. Depending on the type of color and active solar radiation to a less good result can lead.
Is there a technique with which one can also spray overhead?
A Constant feed container is a substitute for the original container to the sprayer, and it is fixed. It ensures a uniform feeding of color. This is also the case if the sprayer head is held. The application possibilities are with this Constant feed system cleverly expanded Art. Simultaneously, the fall working with a correspondingly equipped sprayer is particularly easy.
How exactly can I shoot with the paint sprayer?
Many sprayers in the test allow the spray nozzle to be adjusted, depending on whether a large area or a smaller area with color to be sprayed. This increases the efficiency and accuracy when working with the paint sprayer. By regulating the color and amount of air and the adjustment of the spray is a possible flexible use. Among other things, it allows changing the moving direction in the horizontal or vertical range. A point-beam is possible.
Can it also be used to oil furniture pieces which are made of wood by using the paint sprayer?
When it comes to the application of paints and oils, you can use a paint sprayer, wherein the viscosity of the material is taken into account. You should choose the best paint sprayer system to complete your tasks.
Can I use the paint sprayer for painting?
In the product description of the paint sprayer, there is given which materials can be sprayed with it. The various devices often are suitable for color as well as for paints. In the suitability of the coatings in particular which plays consistency as an important role.
How do I clean my paint sprayer properly?
A cleaning brush is usually supplied with your paint sprayer. Use it wet or dry on the entire sprayer. It is strongly advised to clean the nozzle with a clean brush to remove paint residue before it dries. The nozzle is the most fragile part: avoid it clogging. If you have used a water paint, you can fill your tank with water and spray the contents on a carton. For thicker paint, this is the same operation, but instead of water, you need a solvent (rarely supplied with your material). It is strongly advised to clean the nozzle with a clean brush to remove paint residue before it dries.
Best Paint Sprayer Brands
Wagner paint sprayer is one of the useful products out there, and it is always suggested by the person who has used this for a personal one.
To get user specific paint sprayer the brand name, Graco comes first. It supports the best user specification according to their importance. Users get customization choices to get the best ones.
If you are watching for easy and hustle free coloring job, then you have to have a glimpse at the products offered by Campbell Hausfeld. You can have a professional look at your painting work by using any of their product. Campbell Hausfeld offers a type of spray which can be utilized for painting your car to painting combine works.
BLACK And DECKER
Since their foundation in 1910, they have repeatedly produced innovations. From the iconic BLACK + DECKER Workmate workbench to the first cordless drill and the first cordless hedge trimmer in the world.
Earlex is one of the best providers of consumer & professional machines, and across the years they have created a huge group of followers with good products. They have categories spray painter serving the demands of a house owner who wants to color a particular room to professionals all over the world.