A nail gun is a perfect tool for those who regularly or even occasionally have to take a lot of nails. Carpenters, roofers, drywallers or other artisans – for them all it does an enormous help, and more and more DIY enthusiasts or hobbyists are getting such a nail gun to support their projects. Due to the automatic feeding of the nails or clamps, you do not even have to use the nails or clamps manually. This article will show you five best nail gun reviews with buying the guide.
Five Best nail gun for woodworking Review
- Hitachi NR90GR2 3.5-Inch Gas Powered Plastic Strip Collated Cordless Framing Nailer Gun
The Hitachi NR90GR2 is a gas powered 3.5-Inch Cordless Framing Nailer Gun gives the stability and power any professional requirements from their tool to get the work done accurately and efficiently. It reduces the need for an air compressor by using fuel rods and a rechargeable battery to achieve accuracy nailing in a variety of materials. This tool has a battery charger, 7.2-Volt battery, hex wrench, safety glasses and case.
- Powerful battery power
- It can run up to 2 nails per second
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and cordless for comfortable use
- Easy to operate
- It includes a carrying case, cleaner, fuel cell, nail lubricant, 4mm hex bar wrench and safety glasses.
- Warranty 1 year
- Battery life 4 hours
- Easily portable
- Not louder in sound
- Loads nails easily
- It is a bit too loud, so ear protection needed
- DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless 1-1/4 Inch – 2-1/2 Inch 16 Gauge 20 Degree Angled Finish Nailer Kit
The DeWalt DC618K Cordless Angled Finish Nailer merges the accuracy of hand nailing with the pace and ease of nailing. This is one of the compacts, portable tools. This tool has a rechargeable 18-volt battery and shoots which are readily available in 16-gauge finish nails. It can fire nails through softwood, hardwood, and plywood and other sheet goods. It is an excellent tool for trim carpenters, cabinetmakers, and who install baseboard daily. The tool’s narrow nose and angled magazine allow it to fit into compact areas. It’s another feature includes precise depth control mechanism, safety contact lock-off. It has a 90-day money-back guarantee and three-year limited warranty.
- Strong engine which works fast
- Good battery life time
- Comfortable to use
- Easy entrance to the nosepiece for the elimination of jammed nails
- Ensure accurate replacement
- LED light for perfect placement
- Large Nail Capacity
- Duel Operating Modes
- Dial-in Depth Gauge
- Safety Settings
- It includes 18-volt XRP battery, 1-hour charger, operating instructions, reversible belt hook, no-mar tip and safety glasses
- Three years warranty
- Pretty heavy
- DEWALT DC608K 18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
The Dewalt DC608K Nailer is a compact and easy to use the cordless device, this is one of the best selling in the market. Dewalt has done an excellent job merging speed and precision in this instrument. It weighs 7.5 pounds. It has an 18 Volt rechargeable battery. The vertical magazine holds 110 brads. The nail gun can shoot an 18-gauge nail from 5/8 inch to 2 inches at a pace of five brads per second. This Dewalt nail gun gives increased portability since it requires neither a compressor nor an air hose. It is furnished with an integrated LED lights, as well as a one-hour charger.
- Engine design allows the tool to work fast
- Sequential operating mode allows for accurate placement
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the elimination of jammed nails
- It has a contact Trip Lock-Off to disabled when it is not in use
- Easily portable
- No compressor need to buy
- No air hose need to drag around
- Its narrow, tapered nose fits into compact spaces
- It includes 18-volt XRP NiCad battery, safety glasses, one-hour charger, reversible belt hook, money-back, and plastic storage case.
- It has money back guarantee and three years limited warranty
- It comes with only one battery, so if you need, you will have to buy an extra one.
- BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer with Positive Placement Tip and Magnesium Housing
Bostitch F21PL framing nailer garnered real consideration because of its ability to instantly change from shooting framing nails in wood to hook connector nails in metal. The F21PL appears with two nosepieces that switch out without the application of tools. The Bostitch F21PL is a convincing framing nailer that can nail in a wide variety of material and accommodates a broad range of nail sizes. Also, the push-button depth adjustment makes it very easy to work with material of any thickness regardless of nail size you are using.
- It can work with both wire-collated and plastic-collated nails
- Perfect magazine capacity.
- User friendly
- Adjustable depth
- Rubber handles make it an easy grip.
- Seven years warranty
- Quite heavier
- PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 20V MAX Lithium 18GA Cordless Brad Nailer Kit, Includes Battery and Charger
The PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 18GA Brad Nailer Kit is 100% battery powered which reduces demand for compressor, hose or expensive gas cartridges. The unique motor design produces consistent firing power into various materials and climate situations. This nailer features multiple tool-free settings to provide expanded productivity and user safety. The unit’s lightweight and the optimal core of gravity provide user satisfaction in various positions decreasing user weariness.
- No compressor needed
- Consistent driving depth
- More productivity
- Battery lasts longer
- Porter will repair without any charge
- Provide user safety
- It includes battery and charger
- Jam release
- Depth adjustment wheel
- Rubber over mold
- LED battery indicator/jam indicator/surface light
- Oversized belt clip
- No-mar tips
- Lockout switch
- Warranty 3 years
- Quite heave and if you do small nailing than it may cause awkward for you
What is nail gun?
A nail gun is a tool with which nails can be shot or driven into different materials. So that the user of such a nail gun does not always have to recharge, there are magazines at the air pressure. Most nail machines have a magazine of 100 nails so that a quick nailing is possible without problems. In the magazine, the nails are sometimes bundled into strips; then this nailing device is also called cordless nail gun. Therefore it is also used in everyday house construction. When roofing panels or floor slabs are to be nailed as quickly as possible.
However, unlike power tools, a nail gun hose, a compressor and, in the case of large projects, a compressed air boiler or a compressed air cylinder are required. Compared to the power tools, this nailing device is, however, much more reliable and maintenance-free.
When a nail gun uses compressed air as a drive, a driver is set in motion by the compressed air. This hits the head of the nail and pushes it into the wood. The next nail is transported to the driver by the impulse so that the air bag is immediately ready for use again. Sometimes it is also called impulse nagging.
Where is nail gun used?
- Production of mass products (wooden boxes, wooden pallets, storage racks)
- Parquet flooring
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Nail gun Usage:
- Fast working on different materials possible
- Very reliable and low maintenance
- Time saving
- Easy maintenance
- Easy handling
- Inexpensive braces and nails
- One-handed working
- Versatile use
- Wood does not burst
- Compressed air accessories necessary
Purchase Criteria for Compressed Air Nailers: You must pay attention to this
There are many nail gun manufacturers and brands. So you can choose any of them. To ensure that you are not alone in the rain when you choose the best nail gun and you do not have to examine a large number of products yourself in a nail gun test, we would like to show you how to find the best nail gun for your purposes.
- Mass: Since it is a hand-held tool, the weight plays a decisive role. The harder a nail gun is, the harder it becomes to work with it. In particular, during long-term use, a high weight causes considerable problems for the user.
- Air consumption and working pressure: Depending on the manufacturer and the model, the air consumption, as well as the working pressure, can vary significantly. For a nail gun to function properly, it needs a suitable compressor and a compressed air hose that requires a ¼ inch connection. The various devices are usually indicated by four to eight bars so that the compressor should, in any case, have eight bars to be able to retrieve the full power from the Nail gun. The air volume itself presents no problems, especially since the air consumption is very low.
- Length of needle: The length of the needle depends on the device and manufacturer. In general, nails or pens with a compression head are used, which have a size of 15 to 50 millimeters. Nevertheless, it is important to have sufficient advice or to read the operating instructions, to avoid any operator error.
- Shot mode: There are differences in shot modes, depending on the device. Many nail guns only shoot a nail at the push of a button. This costs very much force in the finger and will become a long-term stress, especially when larger surfaces have to be machined. Other nail guns, in turn, offer the possibility of shooting the nails intermittently. This is less stressful and goes much faster.
- Material case: Many manufacturers supply the nail gun in a practical transport case as well as with additional accessories, such as oil or needles, to name but a few examples. The nail gun can be stored safely and easily transported to any location.
Questions and answers on the subject of Nailgun
- Which compressor for nail gun is used?
Surely it is easy to pronounce a nail gun recommendation, but what is the best use of nail gun when there is not enough air to nail? For this reason, you should use a nail gun that provides at least a working pressure of 8 bars and an air flow rate of 100 l / min. A conventional commercial piston compressor can accomplish this. If you want to be more independent, we can recommend you a carton nailer. An air pressure cartridge ensures the required drive.
- Which oil is perfect for nail gun?
For regular use, the nail gun needs lubrication or lubrication. For this purpose, a few drops of acid- and resin-free oil are usually added to the hose grommet. The operating instructions of the nail gun provide more precise information about the frequency of maintenance. There may be special nail gun oil, but you can use any resin-free gear oil that you have in your household.
- Is it advisable to use a nail gun?
If you do not want to hire a nail gun and a new model is too expensive, you can also buy and the old one. For regular maintenance, the equipment should be very durable. Maybe you should not purchase a device from a high-performance workshop, but all other models should show only slight wear.