10 Best Angle Grinder for the Money Review with Buying Guide 2017
Want to buy the best angle grinder? Our guide offers tips to help you make the right decision.
Grinder users always looking for the best Angle Grinder for the money. Whether the tool is called angle grinder, cut grinder, separator or flex, when the sparks fly, the dust rises or a metal rod crashes to the ground. Angle grinders are the best machines to cut concrete, stone or iron. Such a grinder is one of the necessary tools and should not be missing in any collection. The rotating grinding wheels eat through the material, and the changes of the home are immediately visible. However, grinders can also be used for rusting and smoothing weld seams. This guide will show you what is important when buying an angle grinder. In the end, you should be optimally prepared for the purchase. Of course, you will also get useful tips on how to use and the most common safety instructions to help you do as little as possible.
10 Best Angle Grinder for the Money
DEWALT D28402K 4-1/2-Inch Small-Angle Grinder Kit
Hitachi G12SR3 4-1/2" 6-Amp Angle Grinder
Makita 9564CV 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Makita 9557PB 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Ingersoll Rand 301B Air Angle Die Grinder
DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
DEWALT D28115 Heavy-Duty 4-1/2-Inch/5-Inch High Performance Grinder with Trigger Grip
Bosch GWS8-45 Angle Grinder, 4-1/2"
Hitachi G12SS 4-1/2-Inch 5-Amp Angle Grinder with Lock-On Trigger
10 Best Angle Grinder Review
1. Dewalt d28402k review - Best Small Angle Grinder
The Dewalt D28402 has incredible speed that the D28402K could create, the tool is expected to grind, cut, polish, and different sand items in the easiest, fastest, and quietest way possible. Sharpening lawn mower blades could be made in just a few minutes. Getting mortar off of cement blocks also lets everyone save much energy by buying this grinder.
- It is a 4 and ½ inch little angle or side grinder.
- It has a powerful 10 Amp motor which delivers up to 11,000 rpm.
- It includes a dust ejection system so that particles could regularly be removed and support of the product is easy to accomplish.
- The paddle switch lock is created to prevent unexpected start-up.
- The spindle lock button is designed for quick and easy wheel replacements.
- A one piece brush arm is created to address dust ingestion.
- It has a two position side handle which is very advantageous in different work environment or projects.
- It includes a kit box for portability.
- Powerful motor speed up the work and smooth
- Dust control system
- Comfortable to use
- Not yet found
This is the number one best small angle grinder in our test and we recommend you this angle grinder if you are a professional and want a durable, powerful grinder for your home improvement.
2. Hitachi g12sr3 review - Best Price Angle Grinder
Hitachi G12SR3 comes with five grinding wheels that are mainly created for different duties such as cutting slate, brick, marble, artificial resins, porcelain. If you plan to recycle or reshape some of these things in your house, this powerful tool will help you do the job quickly or effortlessly. For all these reason we elected it as the best price angle grinder for you.
- It is designed as a small to medium duty grinder as a 6 amp motor operates it and it produces 400 watts of output power.
- It includes a spindle lock which makes it easy to change accessories and discs.
- The tool is secured through its one-touch on/off switch.
- The device is lightweight, as it only weighs 3.1 pounds and models 10 inches long.
- Its thin body is made of part plastic, and part dies cast.
- It includes grinder wheels to be utilized for steel applications.
- The tool has available and replaceable carbon brushes for maintenance.
- It is very comfortable to use even for longer hours because of it is 7 and 7/8 inch grip perimeter.
- Powerful Motor
- Cheap price
- Slim Design
- Comfortable to use
- Not heavy weight
- Not overly heated
- Sounds loud so you can use ear protection
Hitachi G12SR3 costs low. It has a 6.0 amp motor that performs it very reliable in grinding, cutting, etc. It is tight on the inside because it could generate up to 400 watts of output power. It is tough on the outside as it cannot easily be broken when it is dropped or when it is used for larger periods of time.
3. Makita 9564cv review - Best Angle Grinder for the Money
Makita 9564CV has all that an individual requirement in a power tool – power, performance, speed, and stability. These four items are the main elements that make Makita 9564CV an amazing discovery and as the best 4.5-inch angle grinder in the home development industry.
- It is a 4 and ½ grinding motor, which executes it very convenient or portable.
- It boasts of a 12.0 amp motor for enhanced power output.
- It includes a variable velocity control dial, which makes it very comfortable to use in different applications.
- It has five clear speed limits, which range from 2,800 to 10, 500 changes per minute or rpm.
- It weighs 4.0 pounds, and it is small and very convenient to work with.
- The carbon brush element has been improved and made larger for stability or longer tool life.
- It has an electronic limiter to limit motor burnout or overload.
- Portable and small
- Strong motor and perform for a longer period of time
- Speedy and works fast.
- Has Super Joint System (SJS)
- Not yet found
Makita 9564CV is a must-have power tool. It continues to give high-quality service in many areas in the world.
4. Makita 9557pb review - Best Angle Grinder for Concrete
Makita 9557PB is the perfect angle grinder for concrete that have formed a niche in houses and shops. For normal individuals wanting to rebuild or refurbish their house, this machine produces the right elements power, efficiency, and comfort. While some people may seem to believe that utilizing an angle grinder is quite difficult or risky, others who have analyzed the Makita 9557 are amazed by how it performs.
- Compact form with a weight of 4.5 pounds
- A 4.5-inch angle grinder to practice it comfortably and keep it easily in garages or shops
- Barrel grip has a lovely diameter of 2 and ½ inches, which makes it very comfortable to grab as a handheld device
- Its extra large paddle switch offers it safer to apply by anyone
- A spindle lock created for easy wheel changes
- Buying the item includes a wrench, side grip, grinding wheel, wheel guard, and flange.
- Powerful motor
- Longer life
- Dust protection
- Its switch on/ off system helps to continue operation
- Overuse may cause tampered the motor and some customers complaind about it
Makita 9557PB deserves to be on the best grinder list of home improvement power tools. It is very compact or short, but it is the primary example of a handheld device that provides comfort, durability, and protection. It is very safe to use, and it is very affordable.
5. PORTER CABLE PC60TAG Angle Grinder Review - Best Cheap Angle Grinder
The principal claim to fame of the PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG Angle Grinder is the fact that it is a combination of speed and power in one package, as though it is some heavyweight boxing winner or something. The PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG is an angle grinder also a cut-off device that’s quite powerful. It is capable of 11,000 RPM (rotations per minute) of pure speed and power that can deal with multiple jobs with zero problems. It can cut and grind anything with such a powerful motor and a rapid grinding rate. If you want to do high-speed metal removal tasks, then the rugged 6-amp motor is your best bet. It also exhibition a 3-position side handles for additional ergonomic convenience. For all these reasons this is the best cheap angle grinder in our test.
- Its11,000 RPM ensures active material grinding all the time.
- The motor is a 6-amp one that easily powers through the average construction work
- Tool longevity and stability on the most rugged job sites is assured with its casing
- Don’t waste time changing the guard. Make it easy and tool-free instead
- You can change it with just a single wrench bit.
- Furthermore, there’s a tool that’s sold individually named as Part 5140099-07 that enables you to cut everything up as well as grind them on.
- Nice weight
- Strong Motor
- Super convenient guard
- Easy to switch the wheel
- Cheap price
- Long time usability
- Sound loudly so need hear protection
- Cutoff guard is not included
Many non-complaining users liked the angle grinder’s flexibility and the fact that its switch is like a trigger, so practicing it is a lot like using a power drill or a firearm. Just aim and ignite. Sure, it only comes with a grinder guard and the cut-off guard is sold individually, but that is a minor quibble in an overall great device.
6. Ingersoll Rand 301B Air Angle Die Grinder review - Best Angle Die Grinder
We selected it as the best die angle grinder. Ingersoll Rand 301B Air Angle Grinder is an excellent angle die grinder that’s economic and long-lasting. This makes it the ideal tool for general-purpose grinding. The chief claim to notice that the Ingersoll Rand 301B has is that it allows a host of useful characteristics in one compact package. You can, for example, access tight spots thanks to how it is designed and shaped. This allows your next entrance to features such as polishing, porting, de-burring, breaking sharp edges, and grinding from virtually everywhere and on any surface. What’s more, the 301B is robust and durable than your average grinder, as evidenced by its 0.25 HP motor and its top pace of 21,000 RPM. Other grinders can only go up to 11,000 RPM in contrast.
- The Powerful and reliable motor runs at 21,000 RPM and delivers 0.25 or ¼ HP. It is more than several other grinders out there that have about half the RPM.
- You’ve ensured a longer life, durable, vibration-reduced, and well-balanced power tool thanks to the Ingersoll Rand 301B’s durable ball-bearing construction.
- Even when faced with the hardest operations, most rugged job sites, the Ingersoll Rand 301B can withstand it all thanks to its durable aluminum housing.
- The Ingersoll Rand 301B Air Angle Die Grinder is small and lightweight, thus giving smooth operation as well as convenience in the tightest of spots.
- The safety lock throttle is easy to use and prevents accidental startup every time.
- Easy to use
- Reasonable price
- Good speed control
- Automatically gets cold after use
- Small size
- Few customers faced problems but those are accidentally
Its limitations aside, this excellent Ingersoll Rand product is yet one of the best air angles die grinders out there that is compressor-powered. As required by a tool made by a multi-billion-dollar company that has developed a global reputation for perfection for over a century, Ingersoll Rand 301B is a must-buy because it is a good balance between price and quality. It has also ensured a longer life as a result when all is said and done. It is compact as well, guaranteeing easy operation and control. The kit features an operating instruction booklet, ¼ and 6-millimeter collets, two wrenches, and the air angle dies grinder tool itself. It has also guaranteed a longer life as a result when all is said and done. It is compact as well, assuring smooth operation and control. The kit features an operating instruction booklet, ¼ and 6-millimeter collets, two wrenches, and the air angle die grinder tool itself.
7. Dewalt dwe402 review - Top Rated Angle Grinder
DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder has bundles of characteristics, such as the 11,000 RPM motor that’s 11 amps AC/DC. It gives you with the best weight or size to power ratio possible. It is not too small that you will not get much-grinding action from it, but it is not too big that it is cumbersome to use and hard to do detailing work or surgically accurate shots. A grinder, it has loads of power to spare for sure. What’s more, this DeWalt grinder also sports a convenient dust ejection system that delivers guaranteed cleanliness on your work and stability of the unit itself since the debris will never be a difficulty (nor would it block your tool’s continued operation). We selected it as the top rated angle grinder for you.
- The motor is 11 amps AC/DC of the DEWALT DWE402 which can utilize your grinding wheel at a pace of 11,000 RPM.
- This guarantees you have a right balance of weight, power, and size.
- As for the DWE402’s paddle switch, it is a switch with a security lock-off system that prevents accidental startup for your wellbeing.
- The dust ejection system of this unit guarantees workplace freshness and grinder durability since it ejects all ground element away from the DWE402 internal mechanisms.
- This feature of the DWE402 enables 360-degrees of guard rotation with a single action.
- Change the grinder wheel of this machine with the greatest of ease and without the use of any tools whatsoever.
- Powerful motor
- Reasonable price
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Over sized brushes ensures its brushe life
- Maximizes your cutting depth
- Quick-change wheel release
- The safety lock is difficult to manipulate
DeWalt DWE402 is a good one for the grinder lovers, the DIY crowd, and the professional worker (like plumbers or welder fabricators). Fair notice, though; it is made with people who can take using it in mind.If you are female, or you have small hands, then you are better off buying a lower grade and little model that has about half the amperage as this unit characteristics. Regardless, it is a low-priced bargain of a tool with the unique DeWalt abilities. You won’t regret buying this if you take all that information into consideration.
8. Dewalt d28115 review - High Performance Angle Grinder
DEWALT D28115 High-Performance Grinder is created for the future; it is the high-performance grinder of tomorrow today. At any rate, the DEWALT D28115 exists up to its name as it performs quite well in a variety of applications including grinding and smoothing up of various surfaces and materials. Part of its success can be attributed to dust prevention system. More to the point, it is designed to keep the dust from entering its insides through air intake vents and running the grinder. This keeps the grinded materials from destroying and jeopardizing the performance of the DeWalt D28115 High-Performance Grinder. The device ensures that all the debris can be easily disposed of through its dust separation system. We selected it as the high performance angle grinder in our test.
- If you want higher load protection and faster material departure, then you need the 13 amp, 2.3 HP the motor of the DeWalt-Built G55 AC/DC motor.
- Any damaging dirt, dust, and debris are automatically removed as you grind up steel or stone with your unit, thus saving your air intake vents debris-free.
- You do not need tools to do quick changes and replacements of the grinding wheel.
- The unit defends itself from abrasion due to its protective motor design and debris-ejection system.
- Brush hang-ups because of dust ingestion are mitigated with its one-piece brush arm.
- The grinder will not tire you out because it has a Vibration-reducing side handle that extends its usage.
- Works quickly
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Powerful motor
- Prevents overload by itself
- Reasonable price
- because of its heavy weight some people can't handle it in one hand
DEWALT D28115 the bottom line is that you will not tire when managing it. Thus, you can utilize its grinding abilities for much longer. It is a race runner versus a marathon runner; the one with more stamina who could go on for extended will tend to win out in the end. You can get more things done with the DeWalt D28115 because it is created not to tire you out later only a few minutes of use, which more than makes up for its “inferior” specs and lower RPM rate related to its competitors.
9. Bosch gws8-45 review - Best Angle Grinder for Cutting Metal
Bosch GWS8-45 Angle Grinder is a grinder that’s able of finishing, grinding, and even cutting various materials. It is a grinder of the angular type because it can do its work at different angles, thus giving you more flexibility when you use it. It features a powerful 7.5 amp motor and a design that’s slender and sleek to make it is angled grinding more efficient. It is a corded tool as well that is greatly suited for grinding tasks thanks to its versatile, precision-engineered grinding capabilities. It is the perfect tool for the use of professionals like plumbers, vehicle fabricators, and metal workers (among many other types of employees) who have to use grinding tools and grinders on a day-to-day basis. For all these reasons it is selected as the top angle grinder for cutting metal in our angle grinder buying guide.
- The grip of the Bosch Angle Grinder fits perfectly on any hand, so you do not have to worry about carpal tube syndrome or simple fatigue when using it.
- It is quite the powerful motor for a grinder its size. The Bosch 7.5-amp motor might not have the impact as other motors, but its efficiency about the scale of the grinder cannot be denied.
- This ensures that all the debris and grinded material goes out when you are working with the Bosch 1380 Slim.
- Easy maintenance can be accomplished with the help of the grinder’s Removable brush covers.
- The supported wheel guard of the Bosch 1380 Slim 7.5 Amp 4½-Inch Slim Grinder is one of the finest wheel guards around, thus ensuring your safety when handling this device.
- Small and slim
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Powerful motor
- Capable of cutting almost anything
- Not yet found
While not everyone enjoys the 4½-inch wheel diameter, narrow grip, maneuverability, and long-lasting operation of the Bosch Grinder, the vast majority of Amazon customers do. It is only a minority of heavy-duty users who are frustrated by the “cheapness” of the Bosch 1380 Slim. While many other reviewers from both professional welder fabricators to ordinary homeowners identify the form and function of this tool. It is something that was made to ensure maximum user control, comfort, and safety. It’s the marathon runner of the grinder market full of sprinters and racers who want to get the job done immediately.
10. Hitachi g12ss review - Best Angle Grinder for Welding
We selected it the perfect angle grinder for welding. Hitachi G12SS 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder is a lightweight grinder which gives you performance and durability. With a 5 amp motor producing 580 Watt at 11,000 rpm, this grinder is sure to give a high power to weight ratio since it weights just above the 3 pounds. It is the kind of grinder that will fit to running in tight places for its compact and standardized size compared to its bigger brothers. Running with metal or concrete is a simple task to tackle with the Hitachi G12SS 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder while grinding goals are a pleasure for its optimal control and maneuverability.
- Consumes a maximum of 580 Watts at five amps
- Low profile gear housing with a die cast aluminum gear casing
- 10 inches long and weighs just over 3 pounds
- Outside brush access
- Includes a side handle and one grinding wheel
- Compact size
- Low weight
- Durable and reliable
- Poly amide resin protects it from breaking
- Aluminum die cast gear helps in smooth running
- Easy to use
- Not yet found
This grinder gives many specific features that will satisfy you when using a grinder for many proper tasks. After handling this grinder, you will no longer need to experience using others for your grinding or cutting assignments. The Hitachi G12SS 4-1/2-Inch Grinder is created to offer excellent execution during its use. With only a 5 amp motor, it can produce over 500 Watts and run the wheel at 11,000 rpm, and that is surprising for its low associated weight. So the deal has a high power to weight ratio at an aggressive price.
Best Angle Grinder Buying Guide
What is an angle grinder?
An angle grinder is an electrically driven machine with a fast rotating round grinding wheel. Since an angle gear is for the drive, explained that the name of the device. In some regions, great nicknames are also given to the angle grinder, such as cut-off grinders, separators, separating worms, grinding wafers, fire wheels or flexes. The name Flex is derived from the first manufacturer. In 1954, the company Ackermann and Schmitt from Steinheim an der Murr introduced the first angle grinder on the market. The name cut-off grinder for angle grinders is not entirely correct, since cutting grinders are usually driven by a gasoline motor and do not have angular or bevel gearboxes. These machines are, in any case, enormous and are mainly used for track construction. For house and garden use, they are over sized and should not be used. They do not occur in our angle grinder test.
The working principle is the same for all separators. Powered by a motor, a cutting wheel rotates with up to 13300 revolutions per minute (with a diameter of 115 mm). The disc is held on an object cut at a cutting speed of 80 meters per second at the time of cutting different materials, it is mainly the cutting disk. A more detailed discussion of the release agents is given in the later sections. To provide you with the essential information on the types of angle grinders, you will be discussed in detail in the later section. To know more about angle grinder you can read here.
What should you consider when purchasing an angle grinder?
Now that there are many manufacturers of angle grinders and the best models costs less, we want to tell you here, what you should pay attention so that a bad buy can be avoided. In our angle grinder test, it has been shown that such inexpensive devices do not have a real cutting performance and usually belong to the scrap after a few working hours. For this reason, we show you the most important criteria for purchasing such a product. First, you should clarify whether you need a large or small flex. If you only want to cut different metal pieces, e.g., a foundation mat for concrete or metal profiles for drywall construction, a single-handed angle grinder is enough. If you want to slash concrete paths or concrete slabs, you should use a two-handed angle grinder. If you have clarified this question, you can compare the technical details.
1. Power supply
Usually, most models are network operators and have a standard power cable. Here, of course, the use of a longer cable is recommended for easier operation. Ultimately, however, you have to use an extension cable anyway, so that in the end it does not matter. One-hand operation also offers the possibility of the angle grinder. The advantage is, of course, that you no longer have to take care of a cable that you can even cut. However, a significant drawback with the battery is that the cut-off grinder is heavier. Also, the general problem with batteries is that they are often empty when you need them. Even with a fast charger, the charge takes half an hour. Therefore, the work may be delayed. In our angle grinder comparison, we had excellent experiences with the battery angle grinder from Bosch.
Battery grinder may certainly have advantages in handling. However, their price is quite high. Therefore, we recommend a little discipline at work and rather buy a more inexpensive flex with power cable. If you ever want to use a two-handed angle grinder, we recommend learning the use of cable-operated models.
2. Disc diameter
The disc diameter indicates how strong an object can be cut. The 115 mm separators are only suitable for metal and concrete slabs up to 6 cm thick. A fire wheel with 125 mm creates slightly better values of up to 8 cm. This difference can be decisive, especially for lawns for the garden. The best cutting widths can be achieved with 230 mm discs. Even massive lime stones can be dismantled relatively easily. It takes a little bit of skill to set it up, and sometimes it can be an advantage if you first cut it with a smaller flex so that the cut of the significant detachment fits properly. In our angle grinder test, it has been found that disk diameters of 115 mm are too small for serious use. Therefore, we can only recommend it to people who use their flex little and hardly want to cut concrete with it.
Performance always plays a significant role in technical equipment. Unfortunately, the rate the more, the better is still widespread. In our angle grinder comparison, it has been shown that for a one-hand angle grinder, a power of 700 watts is necessary. Our price-performance winner of Bosch has this minimal performance. The Metabo model is a little higher. With its 1000 watts, it can hardly be impressed by any object. It glides through the hardest concrete as by butter.In the case of battery angle grinders, of course, the power is a little lower. Nevertheless, the Bosch angle grinder was able to compete very well with the smaller angle grinder compared to standard angle grinders. It shows once again that the performance is not as important as you always think. The two-handed angle grinders must, of course, have much more power to bring the larger cutting disk also the required speed. Suitable devices have at least 2000 watts, which are also necessary for the use. From our angle grinder test, we can recommend the models of Einhell and Makita. By their soft start, one could get used to the great achievement also well.
4. Idle speed
To compare the actual performance, the idle speed is often indicated. The higher the speed, the faster you can cut through an object. In our test, it has been found that the machines should reach at least 10,000 revolutions per minute if they have a cutting disc with a diameter less than 230 mm. If the diameter is above this, 6000 revolutions should still be possible. If this is not the case, the cutting takes very long and becomes a pain.
The extras in our angle grinder test were mainly a case and the soft start. The soft start is only required for large angle grinders. It is installed as standard with high-quality products so that you can also put the separator in peace. In our angle grinder test, he was introduced with the model of Einhell and Makita. This function does not make sense for smaller machines.A toolkit can be a useful extra if you have never had an angle grinder. In this case, it is above all our comparison winner from Bosch to recommend, since there a case belongs to the scope of supply.
Just a chattering bears but significantly to heavier use and handling with the device. Moreover, also the results are not convincing in the course of, especially for the still inexperienced user.So if you are to invest one or two dollars more willing, you should opt for a model that is characterized by its low vibration distinguished.This means that the device in question can be operated quietly or evenly without excessive vibrations during idling, as well as during grinding and cutting. Moreover, the low vibration is a key indicator of the stability and longevity of Flex.Specifically, the idle speed is an important criterion to determine in advance how it comes to the quality has appointed a Flex witch. This value can be seen how quickly the motor is rotating inside the unit, although an output volume of 10,000 revolutions per minute does not fall below should be.
7. Cable length
At the time of buying check the cable length is sufficiently designed. (This point is irrelevant when purchasing a battery-operated model, of course.) In this way, you will benefit the works of more flexibility. Almost every high-quality unit has a so-called spindle, which helps to ensure that the required tool can replace easily and without additional tools manually or with a particular key.
Angle Grinder Accessories
Angle grinders are a good tool to make inappropriate things suitable. But an angle grinder alone is of no avail to you. You need a cutting wheel or grinding wheel. This is the only way to work properly. But which cutting wheel or grinding wheel is now the right one for you?
Angle Grinder Grinding wheel/ Blades/ Discs
The choice of the right disc depends on the application area. Must be something to be separated, then you should by a blade look. There are also different models. For example, conventional cutting discs are used. Do you have to, cut stone or tiles, then one is diamond blade better. This is more resistant and does not cause the stone to burst so much. This allows for finer cuts.
The right choice of disc
Stone cutting disc
For separating metal
Metal cutting disc
Diamond cutting disc
Wire brush in top form
Cup brushes are intended essentially for use on portable power tools for addressing larger surface areas more efficiently than a wheel brush. Cup brushes emphasizing a threaded nut are designed for smooth, efficient operation on angle grinders to make quick work of large jobs. Utility cup brushes highlighting a permanently attached 1/4" stem are more suitable for smaller jobs and are supported for use on high-speed air tools for the most efficient brushing action and longest life. Dewalt is one of the best cup brush brand in angle grinding.
Angle grinder transport case
You will often use your angle grinder at home. But there will be situations in which you have to transport the angle grinder. For this reason, is carrying case useful. Unfortunately, only a few of the products tested by us in the angle grinder test are equipped with a transport case. That's why we present some of the matching suitcases.
The choice of angle grinder battery is not always easy. Each angle grinder needs electricity. Since it is not connected to the mains, the current must come from the battery. This makes the battery angle grinder portable. Furthermore, handling is improved. This is because no cable can hang around.Unfortunately, a rechargeable battery has not been included with all angle grinders. Therefore you must buy this separately. However, choosing the right battery is not always easy.
A. The appropriate voltage for the angle grinder
First of all, you must know the appropriate voltage from the angle grinder battery. This is usually the case with the respective angle grinder on the device. Most batteries are 18 V have. If there is nothing on the angle grinder, you can read the correct voltage in the manual or the packaging. However, manufacturers of angle grinders and accumulators usually pay attention that everything is compatible. That is, for example, a battery of Makita very likely to most Makita fits angle grinders.
B. Choose the same manufacturer
For the above reason, you will be recommended to choose the battery with the same brand. If you have a Bosch angle grinder, then you should buy a battery from Bosch. First, the search is simplified. Secondly, guarantee claims can be made easier.
Many manufacturers design their accumulators and battery angle grinders so that all batteries are exchanged under the angle grinders. It can no longer happen that, for example, an Einhell battery is no longer suitable for an Einhell angle grinder. This company has a line called Power X-Change invented. Within this family, you can exchange all batteries as you like. All will fit. In Ryobi, these batteries "called One + ."
C. The suitable angle grinder battery size
How big does the angle grinder battery be? There are many different sizes, but not everyone knows what it means. We from the Angle grinder battery test clear you up. The size of the angle grinder battery is not the dimension, but the load capacity. In short, this means how much of the battery can store energy. This is measured at the angle grinder battery in ampere-hours (Ah). The larger the number, the more power the battery can store. A reasonable size for occasional work is between 2.0 Ah and 3.0 Ah. There are also smaller batteries, but with these, you can not operate long. If you have to charge the battery all the time, you will quickly lose your motivation. For longer work, we recommend the angle grinder battery test a capacity of at least 4.0 Ah. Only with this size, you can grind for a longer time at a time. Remember, however, that a larger battery also results in more weight. For this reason, you require thinking carefully about which one you want to buy.
D. The charger for the angle grinder battery
The choice of a charger is quite simple. Each battery has a unique charger that fits. There will be a charger for the Power X-Change batteries, which provides all batteries. Order a charger as soon as you order an angle grinder and battery. You will always need all three components so you can work successfully. Below we have listed some of the most modern battery chargers for you.
How does an angle grinder work?
Comparing the Flex with the traditional grinding wheels or even a "good old" surface grinder, the grinder is not only much faster but also much more flexible. The slices of Flex are a precaution and stocked to (or “intending to”) stability with robust fabric inserts as well as highly elastic resin compounds so that they do not burst at the highest speeds. This high stability in combination with the remarkable flexibility can be sanded or severed by the rapid rotation of different materials. At all, a Flex can master different tasks "in turn." So You can use it, for example, natural stone, concrete, or metal separation with the so-called grinding discs, most of which are also included modern appliances, welds are cleaned. The polishing of metal surfaces can also be carried out in the same way as the cleansing of surfaces or even the rusting of metals. For most devices, the desired speed.
How to use an angle grinder (Tutorial)
What can be done with an angle grinder?
An angle grinder is designed for different tasks. More expensive units with various disc types are equipped, for example, diamond blades, sanding disc, fur discs and so on. As different as the disc types, the materials that can be machined are so varied. Even the rusting of metal, removing layers of paint, the cutting of stone or the cleaning of welds is possible with modern separation witches readily. Even metal or stone can be "cut" using special corundum discs. Of course, a high quality of the respective grinding wheels must always be taken into account. If these are worn out or even damaged, it is essential to replace them immediately.
For whom is an angle grinder suitable?
The Flex is for almost anyone suitable that has a little technical skill and edit individual surfaces or wants to separate materials. Whether in private or in commercial areas: grinders are for the handyman as designed, as for hobbyists who want to do some grinding or separating activities. Moreover, they are in a plastic case professional artisans indispensable. However, non-specialists do well to work carefully and closely and, above all, to take into account the applicable safety regulations.Although the new Flex characterized by their high degree of functionality and the associated considerable workload. However, the related risk of injury is also underestimated.
Advantages and disadvantages of using an angle grinder
- The processing of various materials is therefore easily and quasi "in no time" possible.
- Anders, as in the use of the good old grindstone far more is at this moment flexibility and security offered.
- Also, the work is done quickly.
- Thanks to the artistic creativity of renowned manufacturers, more and more tasks with the appropriate discs can be achieved with the Flex.
- A disadvantage of older devices, however, is that, given the high number of rotations of the turn tables, wood can not be machined or only conditionally processed. This is because, during the grinding process, scratches would develop on the surface, which would in some circumstances make the material unusable for further processing.
- Also, when working with the Flex arise partly high centrifugal forces. Accordingly, care must be taken with the appliance to avoid damage to the machine. Without a particular device holder, especially inexperienced users should not handle it.
What types of angle grinders are available and which one is perfect for you?
When purchasing an angle grinder, you must first choose the right product. You can make a choice between mini-angle grinders with an 115 mm cutting wheel, regular one-hand angle grinders with a disk size of 125 mm and a two-hand angle grinder with a disc diameter of 230 mm. In the end, you need to know exactly what you want to use your new tool before you buy it.
1. Single hand angle grinder
The single-handed angle grinders have their names because they have been optimized for use in one hand. One can choose here between mini angle grinders, which have only an 115 mm cutting disc, and regular one-handed flexes slightly larger discs. The latter are more useful from our point of view since even thin concrete slabs can be cut without the need for a great separating hunter. In the course of use, the cut-off wheels become smaller by themselves, so that smaller cut-off wheels must be used automatically at any time. The idle speed is, of course, dependent on the size of the disc. With 115 mm separators up to 13300 revolutions per minute are achieved. Larger separation hexes produce only 12200 revolutions per minute. In this category, there are now battery angle grinders. While a few years ago the battery power of the devices was rather low, there are now professional models from Makita or Bosch. You can keep up with the network-powered devices. However, they are at least 400 g heavier. It sounds like little, but in the long run, it is quite a big difference. In spite of this, they are much easier to handle because no power cable is required. The manufacturers also use quick-charging devices to guarantee a smooth working day.
- Small, light and handy
- Easily cut iron and smaller concrete slabs
- Relatively cheap
- Big problems with stronger concrete pieces
- Turning on should work with both hands, since first jerk is relatively strong
2. Two-handed angle grinder
The two-hand grinders are significantly larger and heavier. Their principle of operation is the same as the one-hand angle grinder. The only difference is the cutting disc with a diameter of 230 mm. The weights of the separation hexes should be between 4 and 5 kg. A slow start also referred to as soft start, is highly recommended for correct positioning. The separators are mainly used in larger construction works. If a concrete floor has to be cut for a shower rail or underfloor heating, they are ideal. Even thicker concrete slabs or masonry stones can be easily cut with them. The significant drawback of the devices is, of course, that they are massive. For this reason, handling and clean-up require little skill.
- Easily cut iron, stone and concrete
- Very much performance
- Easier start, if softstart available
- Difficult and unwieldy
Safety precautions when using an angle grinder
At this point, we would like to tell you the most important safety precautions when dealing with an angle grinder as short as possible so that you do not injure yourself during use.
- The use of a protective goggle is highly recommended to protect your eyes from sparks and dust.
- The wearing of flame-resistant cotton clothing is also obligatory so that you do not end up in flames.
- For protection against falling work, you should wear work shoes with a steel cap.
- Angle grinders should be held with both hands if possible. One-hand angle grinders should also be used with both hands.
- For longer periods, and ear protection should be worn due to noise.
- The protective cover of the appliance must never be removed, as this may lead to increased risk of injury. Do not underestimate the protection of the cutting blade.
- Rough grinding should only be carried out with special washers and not with simple cut-off wheels.
- All cutting discs have a shelf life. After expiry of this date, the discs should not be used as they could break or crack.
- The sparking off an angle grinder should not be underestimated. Unsuitable clothing quickly catches fire. Also, you should look at the place of use carefully. In the case of tiles, there is a risk of burning the sparks. In the bathroom, you should always use a standard iron saw.
The history and development of the angle grinder
Since developing the grindstone, a lot has happened in the tools or machinery industry, in fact. Thus, said grindstone is extremely useful and functional when it comes to grinding various surfaces. However, given its flexibility and stability, it is not particularly well-ordered. Since the invention of this tool already known in ancient times, it was only a matter of time that a further development had to be conceived. The so-called surface grinding was "born." However, with this device, for example, particularly about the ever-changing world of materials, it was the case that grinding had to be made more and more frequently regarding speed, efficiency, and longevity. The tougher the materials to be processed, the more robust and flexible course also need the wheels to be. Old equipment only partially fulfilled this old requirement. Thus, it was necessary to invent machines which in contrast were characterized by the following factors:
- A more powerful engine
- Stable, tear-resistant and break-proof discs
- More flexible components
- The ability to process different materials
- The property, not only to grind but also to separate
Thus, the angle, which is incidentally also known as Schleifhexe, Trenn jager, separating it in 1954 by the company Ackermann and Schmitt, today Flex Power Tools GmbH develops, headquartered in Steinheim an der Murr and brought to market.
The inventor Flex
The name Flex is therefore closely linked to the manufacturer name. Since the invention and the establishment of the Flex, a lot has been done to this day - which one can rightly assert. The stability and fracture resistance of the wheels were almost continuously increased; Additional reinforcements have been introduced, and new connections made of a durable synthetic resin are integrated, changes to the engine reduce the weight and the handiness is increased. Also, it could be enforced over the years, the resulting in rotating the disks to minimize vibrations to the course of continuously further improved results. These created the best angel grinder for grinder users.
Frequently Asked Questions
For some hurried users, we try to answer the most important questions about the angle grinder as briefly and concisely as possible.
1. Why angle grinders are used?
Angle grinders are used for cutting stone, concrete, and iron. They have an angular gear that sets a grinding wheel in motion. With the right attachment, walls and floors made of concrete or plaster can also be scraped off. For this purpose, you should use a particular roughing disc. For the processing of rough wood, there are also sanding discs. However, they are usually rarely used.
2. When was the angle grinder invented?
In 1922 the first grinding machine was developed by the company Flex. The first model was still called MS 6 hand sanding machine. A flexible shaft still drove these first models. It is only at the end of the 1920s that there are angular gearboxes which ensure the rotation of the cutting disc.
3. What angle grinder can be used to handle claws?
For cuddles such as goats, sheep, and cows, the work can be very strenuous and force-screwed. Especially with mouth disease and foot rot -combating Veterinarians recommend the use of angle grinders. Traditional models with outputs of 600 - 750 watts are used. From our angle grinder test, we can support the price-performance winner of Bosch. He has enough power to cut the claws, but not so much that the animals could become unpleasant from the volume.
4. What positive aspects does the angle grinder purchase on the Internet?
Many (hobby) artisans still choose to buy an angle grinder at a well-stocked specialist dealer around the corner. However, still turns out repeatedly that the online purchase but in this context substantial benefits offer. Taking only the selection that the regionally based provider in the range, it can be seen quite soon that the web has to offer compared to a huge variety and therefore for each claim, for every need and every budget the right Flex offers. Also, the local supplier is not always specialized in angle grinders and therefore has only a broad range of know-how. Especially with modern appliances but is profound, the in-depth knowledge required - both regarding construction quality, materials, the performance as well as on the areas accessories and spare parts.
In contrast, the whole thing looks different when the Flex is purchased directly on the Internet:
- In this way, not only does a highly impressive range of offers await you, but also a wide range of additional possibilities (which one might not have considered before).
- Overall, it is considerably less stressful to shop on the web and to decide for customization of the best device in question thereby calmly. Although you also have to do without the aspect of (personal) advice.
Benefit from cheap rates on the internet
A key advantage when buying online is also the price. Because due to the diversity of providers and the high number of now on the market existing provider it is easy to save money. Namely, while the local dealer is usually considerably more expensive (since overhead expenses, financial expenses for warehousing, rental fees and so on apply), online products are known to be cheaper multiples. Last but not least, the world wide web is usually easier to order accessories or spare parts. Not always these are namely offered locally in stock so that in the search may even longer waiting times and possibly also send to the additional customer costs.
5. Is the second handle essential?
A second hand grip is included in the scope of delivery of many cutting grinders. This can be screwed to the side of the angle gear. Even though sanding is often easier with one hand, I find it much safer to hold my machine with both hands when cutting work pieces.
6. What should I look for when cutting tiles?
When cutting tiles and stoneware, I can only recommend a Flex. With this power tool, cutting work is done very quickly and efficiently. I just have to pay attention to the spark. You should not function the tiles in the bathroom with a flex because the sparks can burn in the remaining tile surfaces due to the high heat. It is better if you go outside to separate.
7. What are the advantages of a storage case?
I bought a suitable toolbox for my Flex. For some suppliers, this is already included in the scope of supply. securely safely. A tool or storage case offers the advantage that I can transport my Flex safely securely, but also have the right accessories at hand. In such a case, I can also store a large selection of replacement discs at the same time.
8. Why the vibration is poor?
A strong vibration characterizes some very inexpensive cutting grinders during the work. This can result from poor transmission quality or a turbulent engine running. This can make the work tough and tiring. Good cut-off grinders are particularly low-vibration. The occurring forces are also derived, among other things, via the private handle holders.
Best Angle Grinder Brands
The company Flex is the name of the "Flex" or the angle grinder and at the same time as the inventor of this almost indispensable device. Here, it is above all the years of experience that make the products of this manufacturer so unique. However, It should also be that the devices made by Flex are not always particularly small. In contrast to other manufacturers, the original equipment is characterized by a rather high price level. But the fact is that you get a excellent quality for the money, and you will enjoy the Flex for many years.
Even devices made by Bosch or Metabo are known for their outstanding quality texture. Even if you also have to squeeze a little deeper into angle grinders for these companies, they are always convinced by the best product quality, innovations and improvements, customer-oriented service and remarkable guarantees.
3. Hitachi and Ryobi
Of course, standing Hitachi or Ryobi after facing quality, robustness and durability in nothing. Ryobi is still not very well-known in comparison to the rest of the manufacturers so that the "makers" still strive to "polish" their reputation also regarding angle grinders and, in the course of this, convince by a particularly good customer service.
Makita is a Japanese Angle Grinder and in this test it is provided on this list without question the exotic among the angle grinder manufacturers are. But just because the products come from the Far East, does not suffer the quality. On the contrary, Makita machines are among the best products among connoisseurs. Founded in 1915, Makita is the first company to manufacture and sell power tools. This company target its products both at home improvement , as well as craftsmen. Often, the attractive additional equipment at Makita speaks for a purchase. So are many products with suitcases and diamond discs sold. The Makita brand was and still is a guarantee of quality. This is also the above-average good ratings at Amazon.
Robert Bosch GmbH is an international company of Angle Grinder with more than 130,000 employees. The Group is particularly well-known as an automotive supplier; This share accounts for almost 60% of sales. However, Bosch is characterized precisely by its diverse portfolio of, which also includes power tools such as angle grinders include. Despite the bad headlines around the exhaust scandal of VW, was responsible for its technology Bosch, this company is still for qualitative quality and durable products. In the field angle the brands Bosch and Skil to consolidated. From Bosch, there is only blue angle, but you should not win the Einruck here that all products for professional use are intended. If you are watching for a device for use in crafts, make sure you take the appropriate performance and disk size eighth. The cheap Bosch devices have just a nominal power of 720 watts. This is completely sufficient for use at home, but when cutting hard materials such as metal or iron, the rotational power can subside at increased pressure. Robert Bosch is an innovation company in the field cordless angle right up there. The market for cordless power tools has grown rapidly over the last few years, since working with a battery angle grinder is much more comfortable and the lithium-ion technology is very advanced.
The German company Einhell already exists since 1964, when it was founded in Landau. While in the beginning, the company limited itself to electrical engineering, it later devoted itself to the construction of garden tools and instruments. Typical for Einhell are the well-known welding and battery chargers as well as garden grills. The company expanded sharply in the 1970s and 80s and moved its production to Asia in the 80s and 90s. Einhell units are particularly easy to use and possess the highest security measures. Cordless deemed relatively robust, so that their power scarcely inferior to grid-connected devices. The delivery is often generous, and spare parts can be obtained quickly and without problems. In particular, the battery units are considered durable and are easy to operate, the battery technology is high and corresponds to the latest generation. Despite these advantages, Einhell products are relatively inexpensive to purchase.
An angle grinder is the thousand among the electrical appliances. before buying an angle grinder you should decide for which reason you need to buy angle grinder. Also try to match the necessary features that must exist in an angle grinder. If you see all the factors matched well then you can buy your desired angle grinder.